This 4th of July is going to be a good one.

Guest MTA Bus

Guest MTA Bus

The MTA has decided to run their vintage bus fleet on the 4th of July. All the buses are now on the roof of MJQ depot.

Source and/or confirmation?

The last I heard is someone on Facebook NYCSubway Group saying they plan to pull out vintage buses on the M42. Check there.

But a source would be nice!

Source and/or confirmation?

they got the info from me from nycsubway.org , they have the buses parked on the rooftop of quill , they just brought 5227 & 9098 in yesterday from east new York base shop . The boss told me that they are going out for some sort of celebration on the 4th of July & he said 3100 will run the 42 line . I don't know what time this event will start & end but I'll find out .

Why does these vintage buses always on the M42. I wish QSC's and JB's RTS can run for a day

I guess since they are pretty old and to drag tourist as well. Just like we can't see a TOMC (or older fleet) for now thanks to the same old Lo-V/R1/9.

They got the info from me from nycsubway.org, they have the buses parked on the rooftop of quill. They just brought 5227 & 9098 in yesterday from East New York Base Shop. The boss told me that they are going out for some sort of celebration on the 4th of July & he said 3100 will run the 42 line. I don't know what time this event will start & end but I'll find out.

Likely as an attraction for the West Side so folks can use it to go to the fireworks show.

yup, If I see that JB 3865 run in manhattan, that would be a shock,, seeing a Jamaica Bus on 42nd st especialy a TMC, back then it was rare to catch a TMC on the QM21 in the city, and 5227 out there as well, man if these buses do run, ill be out there

From what I'm seeing from my window:

Liberty Lines MCI

Green Lines RTS

NYBS Fishbowl

Command Fishbowl

Triboro Coach Fishbowl

NYCT Flixible

A few NYCT Fishbowl's

A few NYCT Old Look's

And parked at the NYPD lot adjacent to Quill is the Fifth Avenue Coach double decker

From what I'm seeing from my window:

Liberty Lines MCI

Green Lines RTS

NYBS Fishbowl

Command Fishbowl

Triboro Coach Fishbowl

NYCT Flixible

A few NYCT Fishbowl's

A few NYCT Old Look's

And parked at the NYPD lot adjacent to Quill is the Fifth Avenue Coach double decker

Green Lines RTS, Fishbowls, an MCI Classic, and a FLXIBLE? FOAMx1000000000000.

Archived