Does the Bx5 and the Bx12 still goes to Orchard Beach?

bknightshadow45

I been planning a trip to the beach for this weekend and I noticed the schedule on the MTA website and HopStop that the Bx5 and Bx12 bus have no scheduled buses to the beach this weekend. TripPlanner and HopStop informed me to take the Bx29 to Park Circle and take a 14 minute walk to the beach. My original plan is to take the (D) train to Fordham Road and transfer to the Bx12 bus to Orchard Beach. Since this is the first weekend of Summer I assume there be buses go directly to the beach. Just wondering will the Bx5 and Bx12 buses will stop at Orchard Beach since it's still listed on Bronx Bus Maps? Did I missed a service noticed that buses will no longer stop at the beach?

Not a fan of Orchard nor Coney Island. I'll stick to ether the Rockaways or East of it.

I think the BX5 runs to the beach on the weekends and the Bx12 I think goes on the weekdays.

Yes Bx5 on Weekends, but Bx12 Local to the Beach everyday. I believe on Weekends they are extended to 207th Street. The Bx12 Pelham Bay Park Shuttle continues to run. (IRT Pelham Bay Station to/from Orchard).

The Orchard Beach service might only be shuttle service to/from Pelham Bay Park until July 1st (Summer Schedule) unless things changed

Why only up to July 1st? They run the Pelham Bay Park Shuttle thru the summer as well.

Not a fan of Orchard nor Coney Island. I'll stick to ether the Rockaways or East of it.

Yes Bx5 on Weekends, but Bx12 Local to the Beach everyday. I believe on Weekends they are extended to 207th Street. The Bx12 Pelham Bay Park Shuttle continues to run. (IRT Pelham Bay Station to/from Orchard).

Why only up to July 1st? They run the Pelham Bay Park Shuttle thru the summer as well.

The Bx5 Orchard Beach service doesn't start until July 1st. Before that, it's only the Bx12 that runs to Orchard (the full route on weekends, the shuttle to Pelham Bay Park weekdays). That setup is usually due to lower usage on weekdays in June (before the school children get out).

The Bx5 Orchard Beach service doesn't start until July 1st. Before that, it's only the Bx12 that runs to Orchard (the full route on weekends, the shuttle to Pelham Bay Park weekdays). That setup is usually due to lower usage on weekdays in June (before the school children get out).

They changed it again, at one time it was only shuttle service (usually on weekends only) until the Summer schedule began. The Summer schedule used to begin the last week of June, now it seems to be the first (full) week of July. Last year the beginning of July didn't even had the Bx5 to Orchard Beach on the first Saturday in July.

I said it might only be shuttle service until July 1 (the way it was in previous years), not that the shuttle service will only run until July 1.

Archived