Increasing positive feedback limit?

Threxx

I find it annoying how you can only make ten likes a day here and you were once able to make an infinite amount of likes. When this gets addressed, since most people probably won't do more than this, I'd set the limit at 20.

I find it annoying how you can only make ten likes a day here and you were once able to make an infinite amount of likes. When this gets addressed, since most people probably won't do more than this, I'd set the limit at 20.

I would have "liked" this post, but I have reached my limit of positive votes for the day. :lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of error anyway. I mean I don't like many posts (certainly not 10 a day if that's the limit) and the other day I tried to like a post and was told that I reached my limit which I found strange. I was thinking did I really like 10 posts today?? So who knows... I mean there are still some kinks on this form. I just have patience and try to work around them since Harry has enough on his plate.

I think that allowing more "likes" can help the forums, because it encourages people (myself included) to "like" posts rather than making useless posts that say, "I agree with you."

I believe it was cut back because some folks just went wild liking everything.

Maybe a good compromise would be to have a minimum time between likes once you reach a certain number for the day. It would let people like more posts, but also prevent people from abusing the button.

I like that idea. Oh-oh. IRONY ALERT.

The thing is, maybe we should have it set so you can like 15 posts, then when you exceed that you can continue to like posts, but you have to wait 15 seconds before you can like another post.

I like that idea. Oh-oh. IRONY ALERT.

The thing is, maybe we should have it set so you can like 15 posts, then when you exceed that you can continue to like posts, but you have to wait 15 seconds before you can like another post.

Sounds very good. Remind me to like your post in a few hours when I'm not at my "quota of positive votes" again... :lol:

Archived