(F) train headway south of Kings Highway

nu1116

Always been kind of confused with this, but the (F) trains going to Kings Highway run Culver Express after Church Av right?

Anways, I was down there once, saw an R160 (F) on the center track, and it was displaying an (L) rollsign. Not quite sure what was going on, but before I could get a picture, it changed back to an (F) and cut in front of us heading uptown.

It's every 2 or 3 trains from 0753-1112 and 1421-1915, and the longest interval for KINGS-STF coverage during those times is 13 minutes, but almost always 10 minutes or better. None of them are scheduled to run express, but if they are running late enough that they are in danger of missing their northbound interval, they could be sent express from Church.

One thing that has always amused me about these forums is the way that the members start making up their own interpretations of what is happening, before somebody who actually works here gives out the facts. Thanks for the good times!

It's to get more trains into and through where most passenger traffic is—Manhattan; (L) does this at Broadway/Myrtle, (6) at Parkchester/E 177 St, (A) trains out of Lefferts, the whole (B) and (C) lines, the (Q) at 57 St/7 Av... the runs wind down during non-Rush Hour times... and transforms into another beast on the Midnight tour.

Snowblock, I know you've heard that the buffs know more than us... shhhhh, they might kill you! lol

You ever have that skinny, hispanic buff ask you for a schedule card??? He knows what interval you are before you pulled in, believe me! lol

One thing that has always amused me about these forums is the way that the members start making up their own interpretations of what is happening, before somebody who actually works here gives out the facts. Thanks for the good times!

LOL Yep these "Armchair" RTO folks always give me a good laugh, lawd help em if some of em ever got a job down here...

You ever have that skinny, hispanic buff ask you for a schedule card??? He knows what interval you are before you pulled in, believe me! lol

Yep, I've run into him a couple times. Whenever he starts asking me questions through my window about my job, I ask to see his pass, and that gives him the cue to run away. I once ran into him on the 4 train on my RDO when I wasn't even in uniform, and he came up to me, tried to shake my hand and said "you're the conductor who works job 3xx on the 1 on Wednesdays right?"..... good thing my stop was only 2 away, and I walked the extra half mile!

LOL Yep these "Armchair" RTO folks always give me a good laugh, lawd help em if some of em ever got a job down here...

I should start asking them about the nights G.O

Yep, I've run into him a couple times. Whenever he starts asking me questions through my window about my job, I ask to see his pass, and that gives him the cue to run away. I once ran into him on the 4 train on my RDO when I wasn't even in uniform, and he came up to me, tried to shake my hand and said "you're the conductor who works job 3xx on the 1 on Wednesdays right?"..... good thing my stop was only 2 away, and I walked the extra half mile!

Thats too funny. There is a few on the B div that I have run into. Come into the station, open the window he's standing there pointing at the board for me lol

It's every 2 or 3 trains from 0753-1112 and 1421-1915, and the longest interval for KINGS-STF coverage during those times is 13 minutes, but almost always 10 minutes or better. None of them are scheduled to run express, but if they are running late enough that they are in danger of missing their northbound interval, they could be sent express from Church.

Thank you.

Maybe the (F) train schedule will give you some info:

http://www.mta.info/...e/pdf/tfcur.pdf

I checked the schdule before asking.

Rush hours are omitted...

Archived