Bathing suits banned on boardwalk in Asbury Park, NJ

mark1447

Bathing suits banned on boardwalk in Asbury Park, according to long-lost law

Next time you step off the beach in Asbury Park, be sure you aren't showing too much skin.

A forgotten town ordinance banning bathing suits on the boardwalk has apparently been on the books for years there, and one resident is asking that the law be enforced, according to a report on AsburyParkSun.com.

Asbury's Republican party chairperson Louise Murray implored the city council to enforce the rule, which states: “No person clad in bathing attire shall be on the boardwalk or the public walks adjacent thereto.”

Murray said Asbury Park was known as the classiest boardwalk, but the current state is "disgraceful," according to the report.

Source & More: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/06/bikinis_are_banned_on_boardwal.html

Asbury has been sturggling to get people to come back to the beach when people believed it to be "Newark On The Atlantic". Now this moron want to hassle people because they are wearing beachwear? Is she 300 pounds?

I

Its actually done great over the past 10 years , tons of people on the broadwalks....its a popular beach for Familes , Artists , and Musicals...and theres a large gay population that bought and fixed up many of the older houses and buildings in the city.

7451396928_885fb643b8_b.jpg

Greetings from Asbury Park, New Jersey! by flickr4jazz, on Flickr

5657149557_47dc7bee54_b.jpg

Asbury Park, Asbury Park, NJ by Madison.Marquette, on Flickr

7238872064_f071f88735_b.jpg

Bamboozle 2012 Crowd by Rizzer1, on Flickr

3605567901_0417374745_b.jpg

Asbury Park and Ocean Grove by jglsongs, on Flickr

I love these shore towns but how many of those Boardwalk businesses see their customers come straight from the beach? Am I going to have to change just to climb a set of stairs?

This is why I believe that the closer to Cape May you go, the better...

Why am I not shocked at the party this woman comes from...

Just because this woman proposed this ban, it doesn't mean everyone else of that party would. Don't generalize. If it was a democrat, then what?

As far as this 'idea' goes, just utter stupidity. Lol, as others said, if it was some overweight woman (and men wearing speedos should be banned from wearing those), then yes, some people just shouldn't wear less. I'm sorry, but it's just true swimsuits ain't for everyone.

I love these shore towns but how many of those Boardwalk businesses see their customers come straight from the beach? Am I going to have to change just to climb a set of stairs?

This is why I believe that the closer to Cape May you go, the better...

came from the Cape yesterday.... IMO, it's worth the long ride to get down there, and I'm not even a beach/shore front person like that.....

gotta agree with you on this.... Ocean City & points south are better than the shore towns north of it..... you can have those towns north of AC......

Archived