Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

If you called HR they will say list 5025 is frozen at this time. Not all lists were frozen.

I'm not a B/O but according to MTAhopeful08 who is a B/O they have classes going right now from that list.

It is something completely different to say that there is a hiring freeze then to say that one certain list is frozen.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, right, ok. So when I have called the employment office twice over the past two months to inquire about my status, they have told me they have an across the board hiring freeze and I have to wait. So I guess what they say does not count. Sure, right.

:P I'm so sorry budsthe4 but I know for a fact that they are hiring. I Just went for the Drug test on M ay 28 2009 at 180 6 days ago & Now I'm about to go for my med. This is no here say. This is a fact. I'm From Exam 5025. When I was at 180 for the Drug Test. They had alot people there from Exam 8006 to take the BOSS. I don't know who you spoke to but maybe you can give TA a call to find out about your list #. So you don't miss out. please let us know what happens ok. :tup:

I'm not a B/O but according to MTAhopeful08 who is a B/O they have classes going right now from that list.

It is something completely different to say that there is a hiring freeze then to say that one certain list is frozen.

I understand that is why I was stating this...agreeing that there has not been a hiring freeze for every list and/or every position. When I called last week they stated that 5025 was still frozen...now it has started moving again.

:P I'm so sorry budsthe4 but I know for a fact that they are hiring. I Just went for the Drug test on M ay 28 2009 at 180 6 days ago & Now I'm about to go for my med. This is no here say. This is a fact. I'm From Exam 5025. When I was at 180 for the Drug Test. They had alot people there from Exam 8006 to take the BOSS. I don't know who you spoke to but maybe you can give TA a call to find out about your list #. So you don't miss out. please let us know what happens ok. :tup:

Thanks for the concern. I actually should have made myself a little clearer before, but I am talking about Metro North Railroad. They are the ones that told me twice over the past two months that I have called their employment office, and they had told me both times that I called there is an "across the board" hiring freeze. I also know three people that work for them since the early 1980's and they had told me the same thing. It is all just crazy and confuses the heck out of me (MTA)

What is hard is, I found out that I passed my interview, and all I have left to take is my medical exam.

Thanks for the concern. I actually should have made myself a little clearer before, but I am talking about Metro North Railroad. They are the ones that told me twice over the past two months that I have called their employment office, and they had told me both times that I called there is an "across the board" hiring freeze. I also know three people that work for them since the early 1980's and they had told me the same thing. It is all just crazy and confuses the heck out of me (MTA)

What is hard is, I found out that I passed my interview, and all I have left to take is my medical exam.

:P O Well in that case congrats:tup: Did they call you already to let you know what day you have to go in to take your Med.

:P O Well in that case congrats:tup: Did they call you already to let you know what day you have to go in to take your Med.

No. I had my interview about 2 months ago, and I had called twice after a few weeks to inquire about my medical exam, and those are the times they had told me there is a hiring freeze, so they said I am waiting in a pool of other applicants.

No. I had my interview about 2 months ago, and I had called twice after a few weeks to inquire about my medical exam, and those are the times they had told me there is a hiring freeze, so they said I am waiting in a pool of other applicants.

OK I understand what you're saying. I hope you get that call soon because thats the last thing you have to do before your in there. "Right" Can you go to that office in person to find out whats going. They should be able to tell you something by now. Hang in there don't give up:tup:. Please keep us posted. All of us HAVE or ARE going through that crazy waiting & not knowing time period like you are right now. Look at the threads about Exam 5025 & 8006. You will see it was a bit rough on all of us. But as we were waiting to get the next letter or phone call. We post what ever we learned or been through to help others that are about to go through it to. I'm sure if any one finds out something that may be helpful to you they will post it. The people on this Forum(s) are very helpful like that.:o I hope all goes well for you.

There is a hiring freeze at NYCTA. Supposedly it's across the board on non-essential positions or ones that can be delayed on being filled. Of course, that don't mean shit for positions at 2 Broadway or Madison Ave, as you all know.

They're just freezing on open competitive exams so far. The only ones that they are pooling from are Safety Sensitive positions, those are currently not affected by the hiring freeze.

• 2 weeks later...

I too took a drug screening test on 5-28-2009. I'm awaiting to hear word on when I will return to 180 for a medical. I went there yesterday to check and see what is going on. I was then informed that they need to exhaust the 2501 and 5025 lists before they call anybody from the 2801 list. 2801 doesn't expire until 2012. So who knows when I will be contacted again. It may be a while.

Or do you mean 8006 list?

Nah,Bee is on the Mabstoa lists. Status for the #8006 is that they are still taking the BOSS,this could be the last week before the entire list is done with the BOSS,then we will be on hold until the 5025 list is completed,2 yr wait max until they start calling from the 8006.

Archived