Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

The only thing I can't believe he asking about Uniforms. There is no hiring freeze when it comes to Bus Operators , Conductors or Train Operator you just have to wait for your number to be called.

When I called HR they said the bus list was on a freeze for 5025. It has bene at the same number since June.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I can't believe he asking about Uniforms. There is no hiring freeze when it comes to Bus Operators , Conductors or Train Operator you just have to wait for your number to be called.
Yeah well i have been waiting how long is it going to take for them 2 reach 1*** last i heard they were up to 1730 i just don't like being lied to

Yeah well i have been waiting how long is it going to take for them 2 reach 1*** last i heard they were up to 1730 i just don't like being lied to

Patience, patience. You'll eventually get called.

And if you don't like being lied to...well...you might want to reconsider taking a position with the MTA. I got used to the lies a long time ago.

That is for list 5025? If so you may want to see what is going on because they may have ovrelooked you. I know people in the 2000's that have been hired. As I said before they hired up to 2795 off of list 5025.

If there's NO Hiring freeze for Bus Operators, Conductors or Train Operators, then why am I still hearing that there's a freeze on everything? And yet they have another filing for MaBSTOA Bus Operator? :mad:

If they ARE HIRING, then they should be calling everyone from the previous lists NOW! WTF is the holdup?

Why waste everyone's time and energy if you're just going to have everything frozen?

If they were smart, then they would go to mta.info and state that due to such and such situation, the MTA is currently under a hiring freeze and no jobs are currently available. Please check back at such and such time for any updates. That's just common sense if you ask me. Putting people in limbo like this is just not right. And I'm starting to consider other options. I can't bear to wait any longer.

If there's NO Hiring freeze for Bus Operators, Conductors or Train Operators, then why am I still hearing that there's a freeze on everything? And yet they have another filing for MaBSTOA Bus Operator? :mad:

If they ARE HIRING, then they should be calling everyone from the previous lists NOW! WTF is the holdup?

Why waste everyone's time and energy if you're just going to have everything frozen?

If they were smart, then they would go to mta.info and state that due to such and such situation, the MTA is currently under a hiring freeze and no jobs are currently available. Please check back at such and such time for any updates. That's just common sense if you ask me. Putting people in limbo like this is just not right. And I'm starting to consider other options. I can't bear to wait any longer.

Because the filing fee is a cash cow for the city.

They call people based on how many people they need. During the Spring they hired a whole lot of new operating personal and more hired then those who retired,Promoted or at least it seems that way in the dept of Subways. I don't see a shortage of T/O's and C/R's out there now and there will be a new class of T/O's set to hit the road on thier own in a month or two like NASCAR and DOB2DOS. They had a new C/R's class that came out at the end of July. I really don't know about Bus Operators but I heard they were not suppose to have a freeze.

However a freeze on OPerating personal may happen in the future if subway and Bus service is cut.

Do you know which list this guy is starting class from , 5025?
Apparently (MTA)Bus Company is so SPECIAL so SPECIAL so SPECIAL that they are the only ones not on a hiring freeze while MaBSTOA & TA are on hold so that should answer your question as to which list he is on i wonder if i asked them to put me on under (MTA)Bus would they do it their answer most likely would be no

I totally agree with you. I'm wondering what number they are up to on the MTAB list?

So no one has been called from 5025 , correct? Kind of ridiculous since these individuals had to take the city test and they even issued a new city test.

As I said before they have been on number 2795 since June. So what you are saying is they are calling from the test where individuals mailed in to get their numbers?

They call people based on how many people they need. During the Spring they hired a whole lot of new operating personal and more hired then those who retired,Promoted or at least it seems that way in the dept of Subways. I don't see a shortage of T/O's and C/R's out there now and there will be a new class of T/O's set to hit the road on thier own in a month or two like NASCAR and DOB2DOS. They had a new C/R's class that came out at the end of July. I really don't know about Bus Operators but I heard they were not suppose to have a freeze.

However a freeze on OPerating personal may happen in the future if subway and Bus service is cut.

That's to RTO mister........:D:D:D..........

As for the rest, well at least in the A Div., we had a class start two weeks after we did, about 45 persons, and now just last week, another A Div class came out. This I know, as one of our TSSs were sent to the new class, since we are basically done.........

Another class is possible for December or January, but with the TA, anything is possible. Don't forget most of the employees on here waited for years before hired. Remember I waited 3.5 years for buses, and nearly 5 years for T/O, from date of filing...........

Another class is possible for December or January, but with the TA, anything is possible. Don't forget most of the employees on here waited for years before hired. Remember I waited 3.5 years for buses, and nearly 5 years for T/O, from date of filing...........

That's right, and I had to wait FOUR YEARS after I took the exam! About five years after the date of filing.

like i said in my other post i seen a class doing there 7 day training do not no what list the class is on i will ask when i see again and as far as calling when i first got hire i always called to see what number mta was up to and always stay the same then one day IT CAME COME ON DOWN TO 180 LIVINGSTON so guys and ladies dont rely just on the number mta is up to its not current i no for sure because i went thought the wait game to when you least expect it letter in mail COME ON DOWN ;)

like i said in my other post i seen a class doing there 7 day training do not no what list the class is on i will ask when i see again and as far as calling when i first got hire i always called to see what number mta was up to and always stay the same then one day IT CAME COME ON DOWN TO 180 LIVINGSTON so guys and ladies dont rely just on the number mta is up to its not current i no for sure because i went thought the wait game to when you least expect it letter in mail COME ON DOWN :D

So MTA and MaBstoa is hiring, but NYC is on the hiring freeze? Very confused :confused:

Archived