Hiring Freeze

DOB2RTO

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like buses too. But I can't sit back and wait for their hirings to occur especially when they are uncertain on when this so called "HIRING FREEZE" will be lifted. If something else comes through before these bus operator classes start, then I'm done with this bus operator opportunity. The uncertainty and unorganization is just killing me emotionally. It's like I am giving up hope.

The uncertainty and unorganization is just killing me emotionally. It's like I am giving up hope.

Mhm. I can sympathize with you there. A lot of it probably has to do with the bureaucracy... I'm here in Boston, but I imagine it must be similar with the MTA in NY...

Just don't give up hope, and don't get too tangled up in it emotionally. If you get too tangled up in it emotionally you'll just be killing yourself to no benefit. The biggest lesson I've learned has been to just have the patience to let things move s..l..o..w..l...y.

Bee Flexible #823 well that`s every city test so i know how it feels just do the best of it try not to think about it to much and yea i do stress about it to emotionally but i try not to think about it to much i mean i`m waiting for the test score to so i don`t no when will we all get our test scores i don`t know but i`m guessing eather between {january ~ april} but who know i could be wrong well theres always other city test you can take like i`m taking the train conducter test in december the filling is over already. like one of the bus drivers tells me enjoy the prosess

Bee Flexible #823 well that`s every city test so i know how it feels just do the best of it try not to think about it to much and yea i do stress about it to emotionally but i try not to think about it to much i mean i`m waiting for the test score to so i don`t no when will we all get our test scores i don`t know but i`m guessing eather between {january ~ april} but who know i could be wrong well theres always other city test you can take like i`m taking the train conducter test in december the filling is over already. like one of the bus drivers tells me enjoy the prosess

At this point and time I really could care less if they send me my score from exam 8006. Yes I have given up on being a bus operator. I used to read these message boards daily but not anymore. Out of sight,out of mind. It isn't worth the aggravation.

Is the hiring freeze still in effect or is it over?

Nope, it's still in a freeze. There's a rumor that they may open in January but I've been lied to so many times from 180 that I highly doubt that will happen. Let's face it, there's no end in sight. This is official as of Wednesday.

I'm not going to 180 to check on my status anymore. They have a rotten attitude down there. I'm letting nature take its course. If it's meant for me to be, then so let it be it. Otherwise, I'm done talking about it all together.

Nope, it's still in a freeze. There's a rumor that they may open in January but I've been lied to so many times from 180 that I highly doubt that will happen. Let's face it, there's no end in sight. This is official as of Wednesday.

I'm not going to 180 to check on my status anymore. They have a rotten attitude down there. I'm letting nature take its course. If it's meant for me to be, then so let it be it. Otherwise, I'm done talking about it all together.

The hiring freeze has never been for the TA!!! Just for city agencies. The TA has been hiring this entire time.

The (MTA) has a hiring freeze but it don't effect most civil service titles in (MTA). I been saying there is no freeze for Train Operators , Conductors and Bus Operators but they don't believe me. They just playing the TA Waiting game.

The MTA has also been hiring tons of new un-needed management with this wasted line general manager program. It added 16 new managers to the IRT already!!! Huge waste of money.

Yeah they did hire new District and Line Mangers they have hired to run the whole IRT alone with the already Gen Supts , Line Supts and Dep Supts. It was a waste of Money but they all did come from other positions they just doubled thier salary to do a job someone else is already doing so they just supervising the supervisors already in charge. I was on the (L) when they started the program on the line and didn't notice any diffrance.

I said it before, and I'll say it one last time. Be patient. Alot of us who work for them, had to wait a long time before being hired. It doesn't seem worth the wait, and I felt the same way you all did, waiting for 3.5 years for buses, and nearly 5 years for train operator. When it comes it comes, but don't just trash it when it comes, due to the fact of being very upset with the wait. Another T/O class is due for January, which starting with the classes this year, they had 60 (IIRC) for March, 80 of us for July, around 40-45 for August, and another 20+ during the first week of October. They go through alot of people to get these classes.

Getting a job with TA, is just like I told you all from the beginning. It can be a few month, it can be several years. Just do something that can prepare you for when it comes. Want to drive a bus and don't have a CDL, save some money, get one, and go work for a charter company. This is what I done while I kept applying at Liberty Lines, to just keep getting the run around, until I applied for MaBSTOA, then got a letter from MTA, and a call from Liberty on the same day to be hired. Of course I went with TA. The wait was gruesome, and my former co-workers from Campus Coach can tell you how I was dying to get out of there, to start a career with TA. I complained daily, but there were a few others there (about 5), who were on TA's lists for B/O before I applied, and they waited for almost 4 years. So I just stop complaining, and just waited. It's all one can do.........

Just an FYI - I got one letter a week ago to come in next week for track worker. Today I get a letter saying the class has been canceled. No reason is given in the letter as to why the class was suddenly canceled. As I'm currently unemployed i'm going to be job hunting and probably end up back what i was doing, unless they call for a class in the next few weeks.

I don't know why they sent the first letter. all it did was get my hopes up and here i am a few days later stuck job hunting again. oi.

Just an FYI - I got one letter a week ago to come in next week for track worker. Today I get a letter saying the class has been canceled. No reason is given in the letter as to why the class was suddenly canceled. As I'm currently unemployed i'm going to be job hunting and probably end up back what i was doing, unless they call for a class in the next few weeks.

I don't know why they sent the first letter. all it did was get my hopes up and here i am a few days later stuck job hunting again. oi.

That happened to me with the buses. The class got pushed back 1 month, but it didn't say that in the cancellation letter. It just said when a new class starts, we will send another letter........ I know it sucks Big Bertha Booty.........

No they are not hiring. It is completely frozen. I'm going to wait it out but will pursue other options until they contact me (IF they contact me).

I was told that it might be frozen now because they cancelled the next the police academy class. But up until now this entire year the TA has been hiring like crazy.

Archived