Official subway FAIL thread

B3 Via Av U

Here is the official NYC subway fail thread!

In this thread you can post about unsmart ideas, actions and more!

STARTOFF: A woman on an R68A got herself caught in the door because she took too long to talk over with her husband over if they should get off or not.

I was at Church Av on the (Q), and I told my aunt that we were crossing over to an R68 (B) on the Express. I got on it and next thing you know the doors close and I see my aunt still sitting on the (Q). I was like OH ISH, and I got off at Prospect Park, thank God she stayed in the train.

34th Street Herald Square, (D). I'm going to close the doors (when I was a Conductor) and watch a man that had been running for the train try to quickly reduce his speed before entering at the yellow, gridded area for the visually impaired he slides to a butt-crunching stop–he landed on his rear... I mean... errr... I saw nothing!

Oh man, I've got stories...

I'm at 53rd and Lex filming an R160 (E) when some mexican dude rushing to get on the train sideswipes me an knocks the camera four feet from my hand to the platform. That was..... 4? years ago now, and my canon has never been the same (when taking pictures) =/

Another one. I was at Cortelyou Rd one day and some dumba**es tried to cross the tracks. Nothing new. Then a (B) comes flying around the turn at Beverly Rd. I have never seen anyone run faster in my life. They were screaming and everything. Three of them went back out, and the last one got into the rear of an R68 (Q). Damn was all I could say.

Another one. I was at Cortelyou Rd one day and some dumba**es tried to cross the tracks. Nothing new. Then a (B) comes flying around the turn at Beverly Rd. I have never seen anyone run faster in my life. They were screaming and everything. Three of them went back out, and the last one got into the rear of an R68 (Q). Damn was all I could say.

lol how did the train op react?

I remember some time ago when two of my friends decided to cross the tracks from end to end at 75 St on the (J). As they were heading back, one of my dickhead friends yelled out that our train was coming when it really wasn't... And so one of the two friends that crossed the tracks jumped onto the tracks and got his leg stuck down the gap between one of the rails and the cat walk. Eventually he got out with the help of the other friend.

lol how did the train op react?

I remember some time ago when two of my friends decided to cross the tracks from end to end at 75 St on the (J). As they were heading back, one of my dickhead friends yelled out that our train was coming when it really wasn't... And so one of the two friends that crossed the tracks jumped onto the tracks and got his leg stuck down the gap between one of the rails and the cat walk. Eventually he got out with the help of the other friend.

Well the T/O on the (Q) did not see anything, but the T/O on the (B) could not care less, he just kept on going.

I remember one time though I had taken an R40 ( Q ) to 21/Queensbridge, and my shoe got caught between the train and the platform. I was struggling to get it I out and then my aunt told me the only thing I could do to get it out was to let my shoe go. I had to pull my foot out, and when the train left, I watched my shoe on the track. I went to get a new pair as soon as we left the station.

Always step over the gap, not in it... ;)

Anyway, want to hear a fail? (D) train going 30 MPH northbound in CPW Express...

What station was it passing? The northbound (A)(D) trains always crawl past 72 St, because it's uphill and 75 footers take a while to accelerate. They'd probably hit 40 at 86 St without timers...They can still do 40 at 110 St, though.

What station was it passing? The northbound (A)(D) trains always crawl past 72 St, because it's uphill and 75 footers take a while to accelerate. They'd probably hit 40 at 86 St without timers...They can still do 40 at 110 St, though.

The whole way, I believe...

The R32 I was on coming back was doing about 40-45 around 72nd...

The (F) train I saw at W 8th Street headed to Jamaica still said "F LAST STOP".

This is common during the week out of Flatbush on the (2)/(5) lines, train comes in and has to go right back out and the C/R doesn't get a chance to change the sign. Usually around Church Ave the announcements is correct.

The whole way, I believe...

Well, if that's true, that's awfully unusual. The R68s generally get going pretty fast. You can see this thread:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35412-how-fast-is-the-cpw-express/

The R32 I was on coming back was doing about 40-45 around 72nd...

Really? I highly doubt that. I've never seen anything go faster than 30-35 MPH at 72 St.

A man with a cane leaves my southbound (F) at Roosevelt Island late one night... as I close the doors I watch as he performs the most horribly acted, controlled fall to the floor and he looks up, turns his head toward me (maybe not realizing I watched the whole thing take place) with his best-attempted look of angst on his face...

What else could I do at that point? I shook my head, laughed at him and kept it rolling...

The R142. Those ugly, dirty cars are the bane of my existence. Along with geese. I hate geese.

UGLY? Those are the best cars in the fleet; the only NTT's I actually have a soft spot for, don't go insulting them!

Archived