The new R46 for OpenBVE has been released.

Here is the R46 for OpenBVE, version 3.0

Please read the following notes before you download.

1) The exterior view in this train is highly detailed and fully animated, and therefore will require a high end computer to properly show it. A lower quality non-animated version of the exterior view is in the works and will be released shortly. If your computer cannot handle the exterior view, if you wish, you may use the older R46 exterior view by JayJay85 instead.

2) The train might sound a bit hollow and the sounds may echo. In addition the train might feel rather lightweight and bouncier than normal. That is due to the nature of the exterior view and right now I am still looking for a way to fix it, if possible at all. Please be patient.

3) This train is designed for OpenBVE for Windows. It may or may not work on Mac; I cannot provide support for Mac users. It will not work with any other simulator.

4) Please read carefully and thoroughly the information included inside the train.

Credits:

Sounds & Train Programming by me

Panel & Exterior view by Rikabs

Animations by CT1660

Additional help by Mr Railfan

Special thanks to Dan for getting cab textures

Full credits can be found within the train.

Link

http://bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=22

Screenshots:

46ss1.png

46ss2.png

46ss3.png

Video:

I read through the readme but didn't see this.

For some reason, when I load any route with this train I get an error message that says "Critical error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". openBVE then shuts down.

To fix this, download this

http://www.mediafire.com/?4j0mp6pp9d17oc5

And install it under R46>Cars>Body

Hi everyone, some people were experiencing problems with the R46 earlier. I have re-uploaded a fixed version onto the server about an hour ago. If you downloaded the R46 this morning or afternoon and are having problems, please go and download it again now. Thank you and sorry for any trouble this may have caused.

I have been trying to, but it just isn't working. I unzipped it, put all the files in, even tried it without the files, and I still get critical error. Is the less detailed one coming out soon? Because I am dying to use it on the (F). After using the R44 Beta which I somehow lost, I can't wait to use this.

• 2 weeks later...

6 is to toggle Last Stop, but that is all I can remember. 7, 8, 9, and I think 0 are the other keys to use.

If you read the ReadME, it has everything in there.

Where's the readMe?

I was just helpin you chief you asked where it was.

@error, what is the next train to be worked on. I have seen some pics of the R32, and the cab looks pretty sweet. I have also seen the new R44. I used to have the old R44 BETA, but I lost it. Can't wait for the new one.

The same problem that F train fan on the BVEStation Forums had. You can clearly see the front and cab of the train, the side-signs too, but there is no exterior, just white, the roll-signs are that white box too, and same for certain parts of the interior.

Hmm looks like that could be either a missing texture (try reinstalling the train) or a hardware issue (which if that's the case I can't really help you lol)

For me I will finish the LQ R46, then begin to update the R160 Siemens. the R32 has been put on hold for now

Hmm looks like that could be either a missing texture (try reinstalling the train) or a hardware issue (which if that's the case I can't really help you lol)

For me I will finish the LQ R46, then begin to update the R160 Siemens. the R32 has been put on hold for now

Yeah It is probably a hardware issue. I tried to install it at first, and it wouldn't work. When I upgraded my OpenBVE to 1.4.2, it started to work, but with those problems. It is not the best computer that I run it on, so that explains that.

And I would sure love to see what you do with the R160. The cab Mr Railfan made is SICK. If you are looking for any suggestions, I think that when you change the side and roll-signs in the R160, it should change in the computer in the cab too, that would be pretty nice. Good luck, and I will be definitely trying that Low-Q R46 when it comes out.

I have noticed that if you use it with less poly routes like the (E) from the cab, it works great. Once you go to the exterior view on those low poly routes, or run the train on high poly routes, like the updated (F) for instance, the entire train lags for me. I have only used it on the (E) fully, and had failed attempts on the (A) and (F). I got it to 200 St on the (A) and the train froze, same thing happened right before I reached W8 on the (F).

• 2 weeks later...

I have some recommendations:

The rollsign should scroll more slowly, it's hard to set the route.

The train has a brake bug when you station-jump, the brakes remain set despite hearing the release noise.

There's also a bug with the exterior view - it doesn't stay updated.

Start with the doors closed.

Then go into exterior view (set it to look at the doors), open the doors, go into cab view, close the doors. Wait a few seconds (you can even leave the station) and then switch to exterior again. You will see the doors closing, even though they closed a while ago.

Well that could be just your computer lagging to keep up with the exterior view lol i can barely run that exterior view on my laptop (I didn't make it myself).. again i'll start to shave off some of the details and animations to make the exterior view more usable on low end computers

I downloaded it a few days ago, and it is absolutely wonderful. As long as I don't touch anything for a few minutes while it sets up, i'm fine, no matter what the route.

Archived