Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Juelz4309

Return of the Diamond <5> Diamond?

I Ride the 4 Uptown in the AM From 42 to 161 And on the Clocks on the downtown Side I noticed

That they have the 5 Diamond Listed to Flatbush Avenue AND the The Regular 5 Circle Also to Flatbush or Crown Heights...So does This indicate The 5s That Come From Nereid-238 St?...They needa Return the Diamond 5 in my opinion...I Cudnt Snap a pic Cuz of the Chaos In Grand Central and the clocks move so fast

Two things:

One: Please, mind your usage of capital letters.

Two: It's likely a glitch. No such thing as <5> now, it's just (5).

• Upvote 5

Yes, the AM 5's which come out of 239 show up on the countdown clocks as <5>. And for some reason, 4's which run local from Woodlawn to Utica show up as <4>'s, hense my user icon.

• Upvote 2

Yes, the AM 5's which come out of 239 show up on the countdown clocks as <5>. And for some reason, 4's which run local from Woodlawn to Utica show up as <4>'s, hense my user icon.

Odd coincidence.

Not too long ago, I took a <5> up WPR in the morning, and it had a <5> bullet on it. I used to see it on the Rush Hours too, but I do not see it that often, only on the ones that go up WPR Express in the AM rush hour, but I have hardly seen a <5> to Flatbush. I remember when it was painted on the station sign, but I doubt you will see one today.

About the <4>, all about skipping 138 St. I have never seen one. I know that they were <4> when they were doing the Jerome Av pilot Express.

I had a sign request for the <4>, and when Lance is done, I was planning to make that my avatar, but I might just go back to my old one.

Edited by trainguy97

The <4> designation has nothing to do with skipping 138. Nor do the Burnside dropouts use it. If it shows up, it's due to a screwup. And sorry, that icon has already been claimed.

With the <4> and <5> I'm questioning if thes TABs have been in the system since before 2005s diamond restrictions...

My June 1993 map shows the <5> to Flatbush Avenue from 238 Street, and the <4> skipping 138 Street-GC.

Doesn't that map show the <5> from 241 Street?

Edited by GreatOne2k

Doesn't that map show the <5> from 241 Street?

Oh yeah. I was thinking about 238th Street and the like while typing that.