Less weekend work?

Abba

It seems like the MTA has been cutting down on major work lately.The L has been normal for quite some time now.and in General it seems the MTA is doing less weekend work.Maybe it's because of Fasttrack?

Also with the exception of the 7 train I believe there are no midday detours on the number lines for the foreseeable future.

True.Not too terrible though.the worst is the weekend of 21st when the J M and D will all have buses at least part of their route.the weekend after that just one bus the J.And about the weekday number line detours.I can't remember the last time when there was not one detour on one number line besides 7 train for this long amount of time.

From what I've seen:

-Weekend work on the FASTRACK corridors has dropped significantly except for work related to Fulton St.

-Major underground work has also dropped significantly. No ugly (F)'s to Euclid, (2)'s to South Ferry, (R) total shutdowns, etc.

-Even later in this month, there aren't really ugly weekends. Outside the (J)(M) track panel jobs, there aren't major reroutes.

-Midday work has been more and more prevalent, and it only appears to be on two corridors: WPR and the Brighton. I don't like this...

Can't credit FASTRACK for anything not done in FASTRACK corridors as was said earlier. It could be possible things have been gettin done and there isn't that much major stuff to do. The Culver project is starting its wrapping up stages (remember this is why the (F) went to Euclid), but the (D) will have some major stuff going on in Brooklyn all month long. Of course Fulton is ongoing. The reason the (7) is chaos doing the winter is because they can't do work when the Mets are in town and playing, and everything must be normal during those times. The (L) has its own issues but its possible the weekend shutdowns are fewer now that there's expanded service (work performed rather during overnight hours).

Archived