To equal a predecessor, one must have twice they worth…XD60s Come To NYC!

The Real

Omg!!! amazing!!! loving these buses!!! Amazing!!! the dooors look hot!! i see that they open outward..not inward like the lfs....i really hope something causes these to go to brooklyn

If the Xcelsior 40fter doors open outward....these would too......

Now that's a bus! Can't wait to see it around.

Dope...hopefully these will make the MTA think twice about that second 328 LFSA order

Hell yeah! Enough LFSAs, more XCELSIORS. I used to like them (LFS/A), but they just seem so cheap-looking to me now. They ain't no NABIs/Gilligs, but they're still cheap-looking and just not my favorite bus. The 12xxs are great, they're some of my favorite artics in the (MTA) fleet, but the 5xxx-6xxxs are just turning out like crap.

Now that's a bus! Can't wait to see it around.

Hell yeah! Enough LFSAs, more XCELSIORS. I used to like them (LFS/A), but they just seem so cheap-looking to me now. They ain't no NABIs/Gilligs, but they're still cheap-looking and just not my favorite bus. The 12xxs are great, they're some of my favorite artics in the (MTA) fleet, but the 5xxx-6xxxs are just turning out like crap.

How are the 5000-6000s crap when they are out performing the 1200s. More power, faster acceleration, way better HVACs.

They just seem cheap to me. The 1200s look a hell of a lot nicer to me, especially inside.

Well its quite the opposite, the 5000s are doing better than the 1200s in a lot of areas.

They just seem cheap to me. The 1200s look a hell of a lot nicer to me, especially inside.

You want cheap? Go ride a Gillig. The LFS/LFSA line of buses have been some of the strongest buses to ever be built. The fact that they have a better structural build over some of the other competitors speaks volumes. And there is no way they can look "cheap" when they are 90% built the same way as the 1200s...just a few minor changes.

Besides, the real reason why most of the people has a dislike towards the 8000s and 5000s is because they don't make the same noises as the 1200s.....oh give me a break, go take that somewhere else!!

At the end of the day, it's all about performance and how well they hold up.

And for you Orion fans, yeah I was just up to the plant in Oriskany.

How you got rust spots on the frames and body bulge before the buses even leave the factory? Now you wanna talk about cheap buses...

Boom. That's it right there. One fresh bus, can't wait for these things to show up. So it's looking like Quill isn't getting these now? Huh. Makes more sense with Tuskegee really, they've still got a lot of buses that need work / need to go. These should do the trick. Really good stuff, nicely done.

edit: question, are these buses true artics like the D60s are like the LFSAs with the rotating trailer?

Archived