To equal a predecessor, one must have twice they worth…XD60s Come To NYC!

The Real

Boom. That's it right there. One fresh bus, can't wait for these things to show up. So it's looking like Quill isn't getting these now? Huh. Makes more sense with Tuskegee really, they've still got a lot of buses that need work / need to go. These should do the trick. Really good stuff, nicely done.

edit: question, are these buses true artics like the D60s are like the LFSAs with the rotating trailer?

From the looks of it I would say it's a true artic...in the pics it looks like it has a turntable similar to the D60's and it also has that bar on the roof connected to the center of the joint (well the bellow [like the d60's])

What I like about these buses after taking a second and third look at the pics:

1. The shaved the corners to the meeting edges of the two halves of the bus. Most people, if they pay attention, know that those corners are an annoying little strike zone that really can't be fixed in the depot without a good amount of down time for the bus. Thats why in most depots, they don't get fixed when they get hit (KB to be specific)

2. They improved the seating arrangement from the 5xxx LFSA's (which was a huge improvement on the 12xx LFSA's in itself). And no more conversation seats in the back (hate those things).

3. To me, they just look nicer than the LFSA (maybe I'm just New Flyer bias).

Would have loved to see these with the full BRT roof though...

There is no "BRT" roof on the Xs. The roof line that goes all the way back is designated for Hybrid and CNG buses.

Last time I checked: TG (Tuskegee) is out... so now MJQ is out and TG back in?

Something tells me that GH could be out and FB is in.

Whenever SBS comes to the B44, I would love to see these NF arctics on that line; I haven't been on the 5000s Nova lfsa, so if FB gets hand me downs, I guess I won't mind those. I have no problems with Nova, but I just don't like the interior seating arrangement especially those conversation seats in the back, I'd rather they have the elevated row of seats like on the 3g O7.

SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS, I f**king love these things, I HOPE GUN HILL DON"T GET THESE THESE BUSES ARE TOO GOOD FOR GUN HILL, Send em to Flatbush, Damn I wish these went to Casey Stingel, I would drop if i saw these there, (MTA) FINNALY your picking the right buses for your system

Xcelsior Artics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: B) :rolleyes::D:lol::D:D:):D Not enough smileys!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME! Just the pictures and news I've been wanting to see! I'm... well.... YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! "DB"

(MTA) Let XD40's win the BT&E enough of the Novabus crap. After the 1998-99 RTS the other Novabuses started to suck.

The LFS/As are great buses performance-wise, as I and others have stated in this thread, and really they aren't "crap". I don't really like the way they look (much of that has to do with (MTA) specs), but besides that the LFS/A is a great bus. But, I agree, the Xcelsior is my favorite BT&E bus (besides the 3G Orion lol), and I hope it wins despite the electrical problems. I hope the XD60 wins too so the next artic order doesn't automatically go to Nova.

Archived