Rockaway residents rally to replace fence around nude beach

Shortline Bus

image.jpg

"Rockaway residents fed up with getting an eyeful from a nude beach are demanding the city rebuild a fence to shield their gaze from naked sunbathers.

Dozens of scandalized locals rallied at the beach Sunday — pushing to rebuild the fence that separated the federally controlled adult beach in Riis Park from the tamer sands of Neponsit.

The fence blew down during Hurricane Irene last year - and the protesters said the nude beachgoers have been in their face ever since.

"The city needs to put the fence back up, plain and simple," said City Councilman Eric Ulrich (R-Queens). "This is about protecting families and children. This is about protecting the community. This is about protecting decency."

City officials have been reluctant to rebuild the fence, saying the law requires undivided public access to beaches below the high tide line. Parks Commissioner Adrian Benepe said in a letter to local officials that the city Parks Department and the National Parks Service, which runs Riis Park, are trying to manage their properties with a “more holistic approach.”

Protesters kicked sand on that idea, chanting, "What do we want? The fence back! When do we want it? Now!” and saying they’ve witnessed public sex and other lewd behavior on the nude side.

13-year-old Kate Calciano recalled an awkward encounter when two naked women walked by her while she was sunbathing on the Neponsit side. “We were like, ‘Uh, OK,’” the teen said. “It just wasn’t good.”

But beachgoers on the nude side said its the Neponsit crowd who are apt to peep on topless sunbathers.

"I remember at some point someone cut a hole in the fence and the person was on that [the Neponsit] side. I can't even sunbathe without one of them being lewd, trying to have a conversation," said Mahlot Sansosa, 29. “No one is having sex on this beach

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/rockaway-residents-rally-replace-fence-nude-beach-article-1.1105950#ixzz1zT7xR3Yg

I thought all the nude beaches were in Europe. And besides, Europe has the hot chicks. The ones in this photo make you squirm. It makes you wish you were in Europe.

Well at least most of them are in shape... These "chicks" are just nasty... :o And that guy in that red thing... Whatever that's supposed to be... :lol:

I thought all the nude beaches were in Europe. And besides, Europe has the hot chicks. The ones in this photo make you squirm. It makes you wish you were in Europe.

Actually Goji there are a few nude beaches here in America. Most of them are on the east and west coast. They include the Cape Cod area, Sandy Hook, NJ and in Fla. South Beach in the Miami area. Also a couple in Calif. as well.

Actually Goji there are a few nude beaches here in America. Most of them are on the east and west coast. They include the Cape Cod area, Sandy Hook, NJ and in Fla. South Beach in the Miami area. Also a couple in Calif. as well.

Well I'll be damned... The way they seem to censure nudity here in the U.S. you wouldn't think there would be nude beaches anywhere here. I mean in Europe they're pretty common and you can see nude chicks on regular TV too. The way that they censure nudity on TV here, I'm surprised that there are any nude beaches here... Wondering how far these beaches go back set up like this in the U.S.?? :huh:

Well I'll be damned... The way they seem to censure nudity here in the U.S. you wouldn't think there would be nude beaches anywhere here. I mean in Europe they're pretty common and you can see nude chicks on regular TV too. The way that they censure nudity on TV here, I'm surprised that there are any nude beaches here... Wondering how far these beaches go back set up like this in the U.S.?? :huh:

VG8 almost all of the nude beaches here in US are in middle of nowwhere. Say for Sandy Hook(i been there once but no i did pose naked ) it's almost a 1 mile walk from the parking area to the clothing option area lol.

In San Diego there also Black beach at the remote area of that city's UCSD(Univ of Calif at San Diego) campus as well. For that one i was in my underwear and my shirt off but did not go all the way lol.

So i been to '2' nude beaches in my life in US but did keep my clothes on. (sort of lol)

link to info on US "Nude" Beaches Black Beach San Diego http://en.wikipedia....each#Nude_beach

Sandy Hook http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnison_Beach

VG8 almost all of the nude beaches here in US are in middle of nowwhere. Say for Sandy Hook(i been there once but no i did pose naked ) it's almost a 1 mile walk from the parking area to the clothing option area lol.

In San Diego there also Black beach at the remote area of that city's UCSD(Univ of Calif at San Diego) campus as well. For that one i was in my underwear and my shirt off but did not go all the way lol.

So i been to '2' nude beaches in my life in US but did keep my clothes on. (sort of lol)

link to info on US "Nude" Beaches Black Beach San Diego http://en.wikipedia....each#Nude_beach

Sandy Hook http://en.wikipedia..../Gunnison_Beach

LOL... I haven't been to the beach in years... In fact I avoid them since I hate the heat and go either towards the end of the summer when it is mild and cool or in the spring when it isn't too hot the UV rays are tolerable. That and the fact that I suffered from sun damage over the years since I don't like using sun screen when I have gone, so my skin has never quite recovered from that. The only reason I can justify nude beaches is for folks who want to tan their bikini lines or whatever. :lol:

Oh ****! Nudity! God, I can't take that kind of stuff!

Yeah, true.

Oh ****! Nudity! God, I can't take that kind of stuff!

Yeah, true.

You want nude beaches go to France. It's self-explanitory. You dont want nude beaches, stay away from near areas.

It's been legal for years here in NYC. It's also legal for women to walk around topless in public. Riis was one of the first beaches to add a nude section.

Topless in Public. Thats another thing new to me lol. But yet, don't think any women would walk like that in the city.

Topless in Public. Thats another thing new to me lol. But yet, don't think any women would walk like that in the city.

You wouldn't think...that law hasn't been too kind to me though. I keep seeing that topless Union Square chick walking around...sheeyat.... I know everybody's beautiful and we all love our bodies but sometimes a shirt is a real good addition to the day.

Archived