BronyCon Summer 2012

On June 30 and July 1, Secaucus, New Jersey's Meadowlands Exposition Center housed BronyCon, a fandom convention for the hit animation show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. This is the fourth brony expo in New York, the first since January.

And the con has grown exponentially since its first in Bryant Park last year. The first BronyCon occurred in Bryant Park with only 100 bronies. The second was the first indoor expo with 350 people. January's BronyCon had over 700 people crammed into one hotel room and was the first to feature voice actors. This BronyCon had one huge convention center and sold out all 4,000 tickets, the majority of them participating for both days.

This summer's BronyCon also was the home of one little production: BronyCon: The Documentary. Because bronies and pegasisters have had really bad press (including from an affiliate on Fox News), John De Lancie (who played Q in Star Trek and voiced Discord in the two-part opener in Season 2) agreed to produce the documentary focusing on the community, more specifically the positive aspects. Some of my pics and videos have them at some point.

Now, it's time to post some videos! Photos will be coming after!

I would have uploaded my photos/videos aswell, but I am still in the city so I just have to wait till I head back up.

EDIT: RTS would you mind if I used this thread for mine, even tough the photos/videos have crappy quality?

Saw you there...while i'm not a Brony, my fiance is, so I was there supporting him. You walked right in front of me at the expo hall on Friday.

Oh, I didn't see you there. It would've been fantastic talking to you, even if it were briefly. Nevertheless, I'm sure your fiancé had a tremendous time.

I would have uploaded my photos/videos aswell, but I am still in the city so I just have to wait till I head back up.

EDIT: RTS would you mind if I used this thread for mine, even tough the photos/videos have crappy quality?

Take your time, my friend. And you have full permission to use this thread to upload photos and videos. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my SD Card that I lost while I was in the city just got mailed up, so for the time being, I have this. (My internet is pretty bad right now (Started uploading this at 5), so I was only able to upload one video. There will probably be alot more tomorrow!

Archived