"Matlock" star and Sitcom Legend Andy Griffith has died

Shortline Bus

"Beloved Actor Andy Griffith died this morning.

Former UNC President Bill Friday says The Andy Griffith Show and Matlock actor died at his home in Dare County, North Carolina around 7 a.m.

Friday, who is a close friend of the actor, confirmed the news to WITN News.

Emergency medical crews responded to Griffith's home this morning, Dare County Sheriff J.D. Doughtie told WAVY.com.

Griffith, who was born in Mt. Airy, N.C., was launched to fame as Sheriff Andy Taylor in The Andy Griffith Show for the CBS from 1960-1968. On the show, Ron Howard played his son, Opie. He starred on other shows and in films, but found his greatest success again with legal drama Matlock, from 1986 to 1995. He played the title character, Ben Matlock."

http://content.usato...nterstitialskip

andyx-large.jpg

Man my Dad used to love the Andy Griffth Show best know for launching the carrer of Happy Days Star and Now legendary movie filmaker/director Ron Howard. Ditto for wacked comic star Don Knotts aka Barney Fine. I am Too young to remember the show (saw it on repeats)but the theme is a classic. And Matlock was a good old school semi remake of Perry Mason.

1)Griffth Show "theme" (Hip Hop style lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfUMsaYkufk

2)Oringal "tv theme" from the 1960's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lli9ABUFZCU

3)and for younger generation of the 1980's/early '90's this is what I remember him for.

Another old school Hollywood star has died! Andy Griffth despite being a world famous tv star was a level headed man that never seemed for fame to get to his head. Something sadly our younger entertainers don't get. RIP Andy Griffth. :mellow:

Aww that sucks! I used to watch Matlock as a kid...

Not to change the subject but before they switched their format to crappy reality shows, TV land used to play classics like Matlock and Andy Griffth. Hopefully a retro channel such as "Anentna" by no later than this weekend has a "Matlock" and Andy Griffth" marthon.

Another important piece of tv history is gone and instead we have crap like the 'Jersey Shore."

Totally agree with Shortline. TV Land still has some good old shows on repeat, but fewer and fewer. Andy Griffith was a fantastic man and the Andy Griffith show was one of the few wholesome shows that was also really fun to watch. I also hope there will be a marathon.

No offense to VWM but i am damn confused lol. How does that comment related to the death of Andy Griffith? :D:o

It doesn't. It relates to the comment above :D

Archived