Man gets Electrocuted by 3rd Rail at IND 34th St / HSQ (SHOCKING)

mark1447

But did anyone else notice the women behind the camera? She's a walking contradiction. She's there repeatedly saying "why isn't anybody doing anything?" yet she remains there recording the man's death.

Too many people nowadays wanna be the first to a] get & b] upload footage of ANYTHING....

And then she told everybody else not to jump in and save him, smh....

...which only goes to show they're only in it to get the footage, and nothin more.

But what exactly is it that makes static electricity less dangerous?

I don't wanna delve into this like bill nye the science guy would, so I'll K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid.... lol)....

It's an instantaneous source of power.....

to give an analogy.....

- feeling a static shock is like being pricked by a knife lying on a table.... your reflexes enable you to back away from the sharp object almost immediately when you feel the sting....

- feeling the electricity/power generated from the 3rd rail is like someone physically plunging a knife into you.... the force of that person = an actual "power" source.... there's continuity involved

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For future reference, the blue light that someone referred to earlier isn't readily available to riders. The best way to help as a passenger should that ever happen in front of you is to find a booth, employee, station agent, etc. and tell them there's a passenger on the tracks and to kill the third rail. Make sure you tell someone to do it while you watch the person or do it yourself and make sure someone else watches the person. That is really the best you can do. Going down or trying to wrestle them can end up with you BOTH getting hurt and/or killed.

RIP, man. Regardless of your state of mind, it's horrible that you died that way.

I remember at the Liberty Science Center, in NJ they had an exhibit with electricity and at the end of the presentation, they asked "Who wants to be shocked with 6,000 volts of electricity?" They had everybody stand shoulder-to-shoulder and then had 1 person touch some kind of generator (It was a round one), while the person at the other end of the line touched a metal doorknob. I actually tried it and it just felt like a bad shock from rubbing your feet on the ground and touching something metal, but nothing serious.

I saw the demonstration earlier in the day, so I saw that everybody was fine. But what exactly is it that makes static electricity less dangerous? I mean, it looked like that machine was kind of just sucking the electrons from the surrounding atoms, so that was generating static electricity, but what makes it so different from regular electricity? I mean, I know a little bit about current and resistance and everything from Physics last year, but I'm not exactly sure what static electricity actually is.

I just found out that the generator is called a Van de Graff generator: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator

This video is on worldstarhiphop, so I think its now spreading pretty fast across the internet now. Everyobdy is critizing the woman who took the video and said all that (no surprise there) and someone who commented claims that she was the guy who died's cousin says that he was drunk and depressed.... Idk if she's telling the truth or not, but you can easily tell in the video that the guy was drunk

I've heard about experiments of "mad" scientists attempting to re-animate dead bodies by giving them a shock, which only basically affects the muscles. I've only seen this done on animals, but this video kinda shows what it does to a human, basically the muscles spazzing from the current when his legs are just twitching and he's busy sizzling on the rail.

I personally, have never smelled a frying dead human and I DON'T intend on finding out anytime soon

It smells horrible when I worked at the OR and they were doing those laser vaporization procedures....good lord it was extremely nauseating.

He got left on the third rail too long so he got burned and extra crispy. But seriously that why don't be drunk and in the subway. And I know some fool will have the nerve to say it was the MTA's fault.

A person doesn't have to be drunk, the person could have mental illness. But yes, people are going to sue someone just to get rich and the MTA is a convenient target (with incompetent lawyers or a corrupt jury).

A lot of people in the video are very un-educated when it comes to the power of the third rail.Really? You tell the guy to move around to try and get off the third rail.SMH

Yeah, it seems like the lady doesn't even know what the third rail is. She probably thinks the train is powered by magic or something lol.

Yeah, it seems like the lady doesn't even know what the third rail is. She probably thinks the train is powered by magic or something lol.

LOL

Any man who's gone through Third Rail Jumper Operations Training knows he won't even pee on the third rail! One quick arc will have you looking like a Nathan's hotdog just exploded between your legs.

Hahaha, magic.

LOL

Any man who's gone through Third Rail Jumper Operations Training knows he won't even pee on the third rail! One quick arc will have you looking like a Nathan's hotdog just exploded between your legs.

Hahaha, magic.

Oops!

LOL

Hahaha, magic.

Ha, 3rd rail jumper was an nerve racking thing to do. You've got to respect that 3rd rail or you will end up like toast.

Thanks for posting that overcooked, really puts a face behind the story.

Also looks I was right when I said a couple of pages back that a woman somehow contributed to his demise. As much as I hate to say it looks like this man was a simp. :(

I'm NOT clowning him for being a simp, I have a "damn man that's messed up" type mood about this situation.

She probably sent him some nasty, mean responses the further contributed to his state of mind while he was alive. <_<

With that being said, this situation now reminds me of a certain Nas song off of the God Son Album, would post a YT but the title of the song is too vulgar to post on here.

Thanks for posting that overcooked, really puts a face behind the story.

Also looks I was right when I said a couple of pages back that a woman somehow contributed to his demise. As much as I hate to say it looks like this man was a simp. :(

I'm NOT clowning him for being a simp, I have a "damn man that's messed up" type mood about this situation.

She probably sent him some nasty, mean responses the further contributed to his state of mind while he was alive. <_<

With that being said, this situation now reminds me of a certain Nas song off of the God Son Album, would post a YT but the title of the song is too vulgar to post on here.

Don't mention it, glad it helped you.

Archived