New York City Subway Proposals Thread

Well, since a lot of conversations in other threads turn into proposals for the MTA, why not share the proposals here. Please put any proposals you have for the new York city subway.

I was hoping this thread didn't get created, because then people start proposing new infrastructure, and it gets ugly, but anyway:

The (Q) gets cut back to 57th Street, all times, and the (W) line is brought back, 9th Avenue to Astoria off-peak, and to Bay Parkway or Kings Highway rush hours. I still haven't decided which is better...

Build a transfer from Lexington Avenue-59 to Lexington Avenue-63 so that people paying with SingleRide can transfer.

This is what I meant. That would be as long as the 42nd Street transfer, and with the SAS under construction, that couldn't happen until 2015 at the earliest.

Won't this thread just lead to people repeating the ideas they already said in other threads? And won't it just encourage more far-fetched fantasy ideas?

My point in a slightly bigger nutshell.

My proposal: Have the (M) run from 168 St via CPW Exp and 6 Av Local, then via Bridge, then go via 4 Av Lcl and Sea Beach. After that, go through Coney Island and up via Brighton Express, then via the shuttle to Botanic Garden. At Botanic Garden, only the first five cars would open.

:lol:

In all seriousness, whenever they bring back the (W), it's probably not going to go past Whitehall St.

My proposal: Have the (M) run from 168 St via CPW Exp and 6 Av Local, then via Bridge, then go via 4 Av Lcl and Sea Beach. After that, go through Coney Island and up via Brighton Express, then via the shuttle to Botanic Garden. At Botanic Garden, only the first five cars would open.

Really? ;)

Since the subway is capcity in terms of adding new lines (other than the SAS) no reason in continuing this thread. We even probably have another debate on extending the (C) to Lefferts and swicthing the (F) and (M) tunnels in Manhattan/Queens. For realstic subway ideas there is this thread already.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35681-mta-mulls-restoring-service-cuts-subway-comments-only-please/

Unless there a good reason (guys PM me)this thread is a wrap.

Archived