Request a Map!

Gorgor

Two things I forgot:

The (F) now has two variants: The (F) & <F>. <F> trains make peak direction express stops from Kings Highway to 18th Avenue, then regular express to Jay Street. The (F) originates at Kings Highway, makes local stops to Church Avenue, then express to Jay Street. Kings Highway, 18th Avenue, Church Avenue, 7th Avenue, Bergen St, and Jay Street should be express stops.

Stops on (2) & (5) extention:

Current service to Flatbush Avenue, Then:

(2) to Kings Plaza via Flatbush:

L: Avenue J

L: Kings Highway

L: Avenue S, Transfer (H) & (I).

L: Avenue U, "Kings Plaza", Transfer (I)

(5) to Sheepshead Bay via Nostrand.

L: Avenue K

L: Avenue R

L: Avenue U

L: Avenue X, "Sheepshead Bay", Transfer H

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things I forgot:

This is why I clearly said take your time and don't feel rushed to post. It seems like you're just adding on more and more stuff as you get more ideas.

Please just condense all of your ideas into ONE post, after thoroughly checking and re-reading it, and then post it here as the final draft. If it's too long then putting it on a Google doc or whatever and providing the link is fine.

Guys, why not just make your own maps?

Cause I personally ant shell out upwards of $200 for a graphic editing software. And I just don't get Inkscape.

This is why I clearly said take your time and don't feel rushed to post. It seems like you're just adding on more and more stuff as you get more ideas.

Please just condense all of your ideas into ONE post, after thoroughly checking and re-reading it, and then post it here as the final draft. If it's too long then putting it on a Google doc or whatever and providing the link is fine.

The (2) & (5) thing was in the original, and I blanked on the the (F) thing.

Here's a doc with an overview of the whole thing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDkEJ1d0N4DOh6jpW-S7sDP6zzaIBt1k7Uo9ax-M86I/edit

(NOTE: Has not been updated for A-Division)

Learn. That's what I did. Then you can make it *exactly* how you want.

I tried for too long, I just don't get Inkscape. If you want to give a tutorial, by all means, go ahead...

Inkscape is actually pretty straightforward. You just have to think about it like a vector graphics program rather than a Raster graphics program like Paint, Photoshop, or GIMP. My fantasy map was made in Inkscape, if you want an example of what it can do.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35566-new-york-city-subway-fantasy-map-summer-2012/?do=findComment&comment=547162

Inkscape is actually pretty straightforward. You just have to think about it like a vector graphics program rather than a Raster graphics program like Paint, Photoshop, or GIMP. My fantasy map was made in Inkscape, if you want an example of what it can do.

http://www.nyctransi...12/#entry547162

I don't understand any of that vector stuff...

What's confusing you? Vector graphics is basically taking a bunch of points, turning them into lines or curves, then stroking them (just like a paintbrush) with a particular color. Then you can fill up the shapes you make with other colors of gradients etc. The fundamental advantage is that the final product can be rendered at any resolution. Open my PDF and you can zoom all the way in and all the way out and the quality stays the same. It is also a very small file size compared to rendering all of those pixels individually. My map is about 5,500 by 8,500 pixels or 46.75 megapixels, which is an incredibly high resolution. A raster version of that image would be several hundred megabytes, 10 times the size of the vector image.

What's confusing you? Vector graphics is basically taking a bunch of points, turning them into lines or curves, then stroking them (just like a paintbrush) with a particular color. Then you can fill up the shapes you make with other colors of gradients etc. The fundamental advantage is that the final product can be rendered at any resolution. Open my PDF and you can zoom all the way in and all the way out and the quality stays the same. It is also a very small file size compared to rendering all of those pixels individually. My map is about 5,500 by 8,500 pixels or 46.75 megapixels, which is an incredibly high resolution. A raster version of that image would be several hundred megabytes, 10 times the size of the vector image.

Lol_wut_completely.jpg

Tokkemon, honestly I used to feel the exact same way as you do. I mean for me I really don't understand how anyone can't understand how Inkscape works. But sometimes no matter how much you explain something, people just won't understand how to do it, and there's just nothing you can do about it.

Anyways, let's just end this argument. If you want to make a complete tutorial on how to use Inkscape then that would be great, and if not then there's no need to continue this. Making maps isn't really that hard as long as all the information about the lines and stops is completely clear and easy for me to interpret.

I'm being generous and offering a service to members of this forum, and there's absolutely no need to talk down towards people who want to utilize this.

(W) Myrtle Avenue Line

Makes all stops from 71 Avenue to Court Street via the Present-day real world ®

Jay Street-Metrotech (seperate platform) transfer to (A)<A>© (F)®

Vanderbilt Avenue

Classon Avenue

Nostrand Avenue Transfer to Myrtle-Willoughby Avs (G)

Throop Avenue

Jamaica Avenue transfer to Myrtle Avenue (J) (M) (Z)'

By Jamaica Av do you mean Broadway? Jamaica Ave doesn't exist all the way over there!

VWM, just for clarification:

- For the (N)(Q)(R)(W) on Broadway in Manhattan only, which are running express and which are running local? (and which ones stop at 49th Street?)

- The (K) train basically follows the exact same route as the (C) train from 168th Street to Ozone Park (running local?), plus the extension afterwards?

VWM, just for clarification:

- For the (N)(Q)(R)(W) on Broadway in Manhattan only, which are running express and which are running local? (and which ones stop at 49th Street?)

- The (K) train basically follows the exact same route as the (C) train from 168th Street to Ozone Park (running local?), plus the extension afterwards?

(Q)(W) Express (N)(R) Local

dont be hatin....

It follows the same route, but is express in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

By Jamaica Av do you mean Broadway? Jamaica Ave doesn't exist all the way over there!

Oops... yeah, sorry, the (W)'s last stop in Brooklyn should be Broadway (still with (J)(M)(Z) transfer)

ThrexxBus, your ideas are all over the place, literally. Like I said before, please put everything (list of stops, links to the maps, etc.) into ONE Google Doc so that it's all contained. I'm trying to make your map but your ideas are spread throughout a bunch of posts and I'm probably gonna miss something if it's not all in one spot.

ThrexxBus, your ideas are all over the place, literally. Like I said before, please put everything (list of stops, links to the maps, etc.) into ONE Google Doc so that it's all contained. I'm trying to make your map but your ideas are spread throughout a bunch of posts and I'm probably gonna miss something if it's not all in one spot.

Link to compiled request, including links to all four google maps at bottom:

https://docs.google....VXLdXVuxS8/edit

Would just like to say thanks to Gorgor for putting up with us and doing this for free

Thanks man

Not a reply to this post, but a comment on you're (R)(W) thing in your map....

The (R) needs to go to Jamaica/Forest Hills for yard access. I hope you connected the (R) to the yard at 59th Street for the Bay Ridge Branch...

Also, I think the (H) & (L) should both stop at Bedford Avenue. The stops would be even then, and Bedford is a high use stop...

Oh, a comment on the maps in general, the shuttles should be closer to black in tone than gray. Just pointing it out...

Archived