B Division rolling stock

RollOver

B Division cars should be like this:

600 R32s (220 in service on the A train and 2 in work service, the rest of the fleet were retired)

400 R42s (50 in service on the A train and the rest were retired)

342 R44s (64 in service on the SIR and the rest are retired)

754 R46s (144 in service on the C train, 48 in service on the G,

232 in service on the R, 16 in service on the Rockaway Park Shuttle

and 88 in service on the A train) The rest of the R46 fleet are on standby.

425 R68s (288 in service on the D train, 8 in service on the Franklin Avenue

Shuttle, 128 in service on the W train)

200 R68As (all in service on the B train)

208 R143s (all in service on the L train, only four are out of service)

1,662 R160s (260 in service on the E train, 420 in service on the F train, 176

in service on the J/Z trains, 232 in service on M train, 260 in service on the N train,

250 in service on the Q train, and 64 in service on the L train)

NOTE: The W train comes back operating between Astoria and Whitehall. But not Brooklyn, not enough cars. Brooklyn service is only the D, N, and R on Fourth Avenue and the D on West End.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

128 cars on the (W) is 16 trains, that is enough if the (W) ran every 8-10 minutes in Brooklyn and only went to 9th Avenue. And I see the way you arranged the cars, but I think a line is going to lose out...

And plus, there are 224 R46 cars not in use! Those could be used on the (W) until they are retired.

I'm going to second that :lock:,

:lock: :lock:

and to the OP, The G is now based out of coney Island and draws from it's non NTT fleet.

Yeah, this is proposed rearrangement of things to fit the (W)...

128 cars on the (W) is 16 trains, that is enough if the (W) ran every 8-10 minutes in Brooklyn and only went to 9th Avenue. And I see the way you arranged the cars, but I think a line is going to lose out...

And plus, there are 224 R46 cars not in use! Those could be used on the (W) until they are retired.

Wow. So they DO have enough cars to bring back the (W). Anyone who says they don't, should read this thread. And wouldn't some R160s be freed up for the (W) if the (Q) were to be cut back to 57th full time?

We've had a LOT of threads on that already, so I'm going to ask for the dancing-lock.gif

I'm going to second that :lock:,

:lock: :lock:

and to the OP, The G is now based out of coney Island and draws from it's non NTT fleet.

Fine! I'll repeat what I said above in the MTA Mulls restoring Service Cuts???*Subway Comments Only Please*. Thanks for welcoming a new member in such a way WHO made this thread in the first place.

Fine! I'll repeat what I said above in the MTA Mulls restoring Service Cuts???*Subway Comments Only Please*. Thanks for welcoming a new member in such a way WHO made this thread in the first place.

We would welcome you if you made a thread in the New Member Introduction forum, and as far as I know, you didn't...

We're not saying it to be mean, we're being honest...

I didn't think what I said was mean. I'm sorry if it bothered you. I just didn't understand what was the point of this thread. If it was about the (W), I didn't understand what you were trying to say about it.

I didn't think what I said was mean. I'm sorry if it bothered you. I just didn't understand what was the point of this thread. If it was about the (W), I didn't understand what you were trying to say about it.

Yes, it's about the W train trying to fit in. Prehaps I should have made the title "How the B Division rolling stock should if the W train were to come back".

Yes. And there shouldn't be a problem running with 0% spares in the fleet, should there? I mean, I can't think of any reason why that wouldn't work. Seriously though, when planning fleet allocations, assume a spare of at least 15% minimum. (and that is a pretty bare bones minimum...)

On a side note- dancing lock posts are about as useful as a clinic to treat virgins with STDs. Does anyone who finds a thread like this annoying not realize their hypocrisy? Complaining about a post of questionable value with a post of absolutely no value. And I am not necessarily saying such is the case here, but some of the posts I have seen people want to close have sprung valuable discussions. Furthermore, such behavior is incredibly rude and unwelcoming to others.

True. This thread could turn out very useful in the future in determining the amount of cars that can run, and where they should run. Not for foaming of course, but as a logic on deciding on expansion, or new subway service. It's not a bad thread.

ALL THE CURRENT R46's are USED, for (A),(C),(F) and (R) service and once the R179's come in 64 R46's 6170-6258 Will go to SI to replace their R44's there, you guys are really thirsty for the (W) to go to brooklyn so thirsty that you guys don't even know how many subway cars that are used, Rerember the (W)'s R160's were deployed mostly to the (Q) and very few went to the (N) and this thread should close

ALL THE CURRENT R46's are USED, for (A), (C), (F) and (R) service and once the R179's come in 64 R46's 6170-6258 Will go to SI to replace their R44's there, you guys are really thirsty for the (W) to go to brooklyn so thirsty that you guys don't even know how many subway cars that are used, Rerember the (W)'s R160's were deployed mostly to the (Q) and very few went to the (N) and this thread should close

Wow....just wow! Please don't attack anyone here. Give us evidence of how all the R46s are used since you're trying to be all smart and mighty. Check the damn JoeKorner.com. 176 are on the (A), 144 on the (C), 24 (or 16 or 8 if wrong) are on the (F), 232 on the (R), and 12 on the ROCKAWAY PARK SHUTTLE! Only 588 in service! Don't forget, Joe Korner is a former MTA transit worker who has all the official subway car assignments in general! AND Wikipedia follows that as well.

Now I can see why you said what you just said, because you only care about what your first glance at a text could be instead of paying more attention on what others are trying to say!

588 R46s needed for daily service. 752 total in fleet. that makes roughly a 22% spare. You wouldn't want to schedule more than a few more trains to run with the R46 fleet. Also, I wouldn't expect the R46s to go to SI anytime soon, unless they tack a supplemental order onto the R179s or cancel SAS (I find both to be unlikely, but the former is a substantially more likely event than the latter).

Archived