LI Bus new buses, maybe not for a lil while

LIBusdriver349

we got a new delivery of equipment at the levy yard today......but it had nothing to do with Orion VII NG or any type of NEW bus........

it was a box of spark plugs for the buses.....so this looks like a slow moving process we're having.....and BTW, i think we are keeping the Cummins buses and gettin rid of most of the 300/400's.....

idk man look at the bus they repainted.....was it a 300/400?? No.....it was 193....i'm tellin you they're keeping the Cummins........nd they may still keep the 3s and 4s for LIRR Service, but like i said idk.......i was talking to one of the other drivers at Mineola today nd we were talking about how much trouble we get from the 300 and 400's and how little trouble we get from the 100/200's....dont get me wrong they got probs but not as many....lol and they're faster tooo

They have to keep the Cummins anyways, since Detroit Diesel isn't available for buses anymore. And the 100 series Orion V CNGs there top out @ 40MPH therefore they're not faster.

i'm tellin u....i drive them for a living....the cummins go faster than the 300s and the 400s......cummins do not top at 40.....349 tops 40 ....the cummins move.....trust me...

Yeah those are my favorite CNG's of all MTA's fleet! They are much faster than the DD powered buses even though they are newer. It's like they forgot to tweek the engine for a bus of greater weight.

I know my buses!!!!!

I hate driving 3's and 4's cuz theyre so slow, even though thats wat i get a lot...it mixes every week, but thats cuz they ask me what i want to drive, but when i tell them a bus, its not there, and they tell me to take whatevers left on the line........nyway, they move once they're past third gear but until than most of them are slow moving except:

300,321,324,331,334,332,335,336,337,374(sounds like a lawnmower),397

410,416,451,459,460(sometimes),456,457

these move...all the others SUCK

SO BTW RIDERS SOME OF THE TIME THE BUS U GET DEPENDS ON YOUR DRIVER...if he/she REQUESTED A SPECIFIC BUS.. BUT MOST OF THE TIME IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHICH BUS IS NEXT ON THE LINE

cummins are the best, ecomats are fast, but i don like them cuz theyre like nails on a chalkboard......

i like the ecomats cuz they break down the most...i'll take bus 100 off the dispatchers hands cuz he wont be able to pawn it off on anybody else.....and i push it till im as far away from the yard as possible......Hey, it makes for my elongated lunch break B)

Yeah those are my favorite CNG's of all MTA's fleet! They are much faster than the DD powered buses even though they are newer. It's like they forgot to tweek the engine for a bus of greater weight.
I got a video of 438 doing over 40MPH, and those ZF Ecomats on 100-14x (I think) really do top out @ 40, unless it is just #101 (bus also whines loudly).

I wonder why MTA Bus Orion V CNGs are much faster than these, I mean MUCH faster. :confused:

the ecomats are only up to bus 129, because 130 is no longer in service....at least i havent seen it for awhile.... cummins are from 131-287...cummins go faster.....

some of the 4's go over 40, but it takes them forever to get there.....

nd BTW ORION, what run did u have 438 on? i dont think thats part of my yard....

I got a video of 438 doing over 40MPH, and those ZF Ecomats on 100-14x (I think) really do top out @ 40, unless it is just #101 (bus also whines loudly).

I wonder why MTA Bus Orion V CNGs are much faster than these, I mean MUCH faster. :confused:

I think it's because a majority of them were/are used for Express Bus service and haven't been governed down.

Good question! (off subject) But I do know that I love the Chrome Alcoa rims, and I pray to God they put them on the NG's!

the ecomats are only up to bus 129, because 130 is no longer in service....at least i havent seen it for awhile.... cummins are from 131-287...cummins go faster.....

nd BTW ORION, what run did u have 438 on? i dont think thats part of my yard....

100-287 actually all have the Cummins Engines. It's just the the trans. thats different.

l love the 22, run it a decent amount, would like the 20 if there wasnt soo much damn traffic in flushing....only like it cuz i get cummins when i drive it, i HATE THE 6 WITH A PASSION!!!....omg if theres one run i cant F**Kn stand its that one......and the 24 im not used to becuz i drive the 22 more often.....and i have to rush....so i hate the 24...cuz im not used to the times..nd i hate gettin a 400 on the 24

my faves are the 22,23,43(if no ZFer),49,79(if no 400),81

i think the 23 is the best and its my favorite to run.....normally they dont ask me what type of bus i want if i run it though...they give me whatever they have

N32.

yes except it wasnt as quiet like the 4's are......it was like a cackle.....like it would pierce your eardrums....seriously.....ughh.....the bus was laughing at me that i got stuck with it.....

i mean.....cmon i had a choice between 417,400,353,327.and 457....i LOVE 457 but the damn driver took it in front of me when i asked for it ......damn it than they jus said take 327 cuz its next on the fuel line.....W/E

I had 282 two weeks ago on the 23.....love that bus, turned on a dime........244 is a rare one for me ......u gotta remember i drive a lot of diff ones so im not always positive......i remember the one day i had it, it was the ONLY bus on the line, the others were in the garage and there were literally no other buses.....and 308 had the engine strobe light goin off.....keep in mind i didnt care what was left on the yard because i had already covered a diff run and broke down with 349.....i freakin ran outta hydraulic fluid.....god.... i was on the 81 that day...thts wen i got 244

my favs are 242,222,(those are the best), along with 285,287(wish i got that more), 180,277,

only prob with 222 is almost every time it goes out with someone other than me, it doesnt make it back without a tow truck in front of it...

BTW have any of you ever had 411,457,222,242,285,308,371,or 287????...wanna c wat u guys think of them

and has anybody ever had 333? i have only seen it in a pic, never driven or seen it in the yard

yes except it wasnt as quiet like the 4's are......it was like a cackle.....like it would pierce your eardrums....seriously.....ughh.....the bus was laughing at me that i got stuck with it.....

i mean.....cmon i had a choice between 417,400,353,327.and 457....i LOVE 457 but the damn driver took it in front of me when i asked for it ......damn it than they jus said take 327 cuz its next on the fuel line.....W/E

Sounds like MTA Bus #9936, the turbo goes "Pfffffft ffffff fffff ffff fff ff f" and can be heard over 4 blocks away (only if the driver releases the gas it makes that sound). I'll try to get a video on it.

Archived