LI Bus new buses, maybe not for a lil while

LIBusdriver349

22's the best way to go....personally have driven that run many times...the bus driver has to rush but itll get you there timely.....the 48/49 to the 6 is ehh..wouldnt recommend it cuz ull hit a lot of traffic on the 6 and FORGET, FORGET FORGET the 20 cuz ull be flooded with traffic

Good question! (off subject) But I do know that I love the Chrome Alcoa rims, and I pray to God they put them on the NG's!

100-287 actually all have the Cummins Engines. It's just the the trans. thats different.

And some don't have the exhaust pipe @ the top corner.

I think it's wierd that LIB 2003 V CNG does 0-40 in over 30 seconds, but a MTAB V CNG does that in like what 20 seconds? Same engine, different B400R but it can't be the B400R causing such a big difference, maybe MTAB has more than 280HP in thier V CNGs.

And some don't have the exhaust pipe @ the top corner.

I think it's wierd that LIB 2003 V CNG does 0-40 in over 30 seconds, but a MTAB V CNG does that in like what 20 seconds? Same engine, different B400R but it can't be the B400R causing such a big difference, maybe MTAB has more than 280HP in thier V CNGs.

It's probably a combo of the trans. and the engine. ZF RTS' are much faster than Allisons.

i dont like driving in that area, i hate long beach road and lower lincoln or lincoln or watever....and normally i get stuck with a shitty bus on that run....ur lucky u got 242 on that run....i love that bus....the bumps in the roads suck too....i used to like it but than it got old too, u must remember, driving the same route back and forth for three months can get quite boring...

i also dont like how it jus ends in random 5 corners....i mean, id much rather the 23 where i end in Mineola terminal, or 22 in jamaica/hicksville

i like most of the runs out of Mineola terminal, except the 40/41, i like to drive it once in awhile but i ALWAYS get a 400 on it....most of the time its 462 also, which has come to be a quick bus, but watever

i love the 79 toooo, when there's no traffic on old country road...(when isnt there?) the 79 makes the day go quick if i got a good bus....cept when i had it my break was before my last run ....that sucked!!

LIB_Orion_462.jpg

SEEEE??

I rode 308 on the N6 a while back. IICR, it did have a fast takeoff.

I rode 124 on the N22 2 weeks ago and loved it. It was what I call a Mustang Sally.

451 had a slow takeoff and was a crowded N24. Not only that, but the inside display didn't work but the announcements did.

I remember LIB 454 sounded like what MTA Bus 9951 does today.

wats "IICR"? and how was 308 in general? i have been fated NEVER to drive that bus......evey time im supposed to get it something happens to it like the driver before me writes it up, or one day it was between 308 and 349 and right as i went out to take it, the mechanic took it to the garage and the engine alarm started to go off....i've never been in it, driven it .....etc

i hate 124

never driven 454, or seen it for that matter

when i had 451 i had it on the 6 and that was one FAST bus, not as quick as 457, but pretty damn fast, i don remember if the cleverdevice worked....

wats "IICR"? and how was 308 in general? i have been fated NEVER to drive that bus......evey time im supposed to get it something happens to it like the driver before me writes it up, or one day it was between 308 and 349 and right as i went out to take it, the mechanic took it to the garage and the engine alarm started to go off....i've never been in it, driven it .....etc

i hate 124

never driven 454, or seen it for that matter

when i had 451 i had it on the 6 and that was one FAST bus, not as quick as 457, but pretty damn fast, i don remember if the cleverdevice worked....

He must mean IIRC, which means if I remember correctly.

i'm gonna request it one of these days just to see how it runs...like i said i have been fated never to drive it......than again maybe i shouldnt

417 was a pretty good bus on saturday too, i've never had it before and was very surprised to see myself get it on the 27, probably cuz i was drivin the run lol!!!

i'm gonna request it one of these days just to see how it runs...like i said i have been fated never to drive it......than again maybe i shouldnt

417 was a pretty good bus on saturday too, i've never had it before and was very surprised to see myself get it on the 27, probably cuz i was drivin the run lol!!!

You should drive 175, last time I took it it has loads of power, cricketed and sounded good. That was back in June.

I will warn you, if they try to give you 353, do WHATEVER it takes to get a different bus, this one has a bad belt that makes the engine sound like it's stuttering, and it moves very slow. MTA #7715 had this but they fixed the problem as soon as it started, LIB left this bus alone the whole time.

:eek: i didnt kno that was the prob with it.....see i drove it while back cuz they gave it to me on the 24, and literally, that was the only bus they had.....

the following video i actually remember, but i think its me.....never seen that bus on the 24 any other time....tooooo SLOW to run it....

Dude:

watch?v=Ws8ils3lLgo

YEAH!!! SLOWW!!!!!

I think it's the Cummins buses that are goin', they are nearly 12 years old, they seem to breakdown the most.

Problem was they should've repowered/overhauled them awhile ago.

The 400s are slow but they seem alot more reliable. Once they get up to speed they actually move pretty well.

The 300s and 400s are too young for retirement. If they are going anywhere it would probably be as an equipment swap with MTAB or NYCT.

I'd hate that. I cant stand the cummins buses. Usually I love cummins engines but the L10G/Allison combo is loud and not reliable, plus combined with years of neglect these buses are beyond repair and need to be scrapped.

Though some of the 300s are starting to show neglect bad too. It's hard to get a bus that runs right, most of them have something wrong..

But there must be a problem with the L10G/Allison combo because NYCT repowered the Orion V CNG's at Gleason depot with DDC Series 50Gs.

The L10 series is certainly not my favroite Cummins engine. Now what Bee Line is using on their new Orion V's, that's an engine! I believe Suffolk Transit has the same engine in their newest Gilligs, it's a Cummins ISL I believe.

Did you ever drive #399? That bus has a John Deere CNG engine in it. I rode the ones at QSC and they ran very good.

I will warn you, if they try to give you 353, do WHATEVER it takes to get a different bus, this one has a bad belt that makes the engine sound like it's stuttering, and it moves very slow. MTA #7715 had this but they fixed the problem as soon as it started, LIB left this bus alone the whole time.

That's because LIB doesn't fix anything. Yes 353 runs terrible, with what sounds like a bad belt. Seems to be a problem on alot of the buses lately. Also 285 has what sounds like a bad axle, its been like that for awhile.

168 and 309 seem to lose rpm when coming to a stop and suffer from idle hunting/problems. And 182...dont even get me started on that on. Just looking at it screams "junk me".

That's because LIB doesn't fix anything. Yes 353 runs terrible, with what sounds like a bad belt. Seems to be a problem on alot of the buses lately. Also 285 has what sounds like a bad axle, its been like that for awhile.

168 and 309 seem to lose rpm when coming to a stop and suffer from idle hunting/problems. And 182...dont even get me started on that on. Just looking at it screams "junk me".

Ohh yeah, I never seen so many problems with buses. 322 is also very bad, the brakes really suck.

I think it's the Cummins buses that are goin', they are nearly 12 years old, they seem to breakdown the most.

Problem was they should've repowered/overhauled them awhile ago.

The 400s are slow but they seem alot more reliable. Once they get up to speed they actually move pretty well.

The 300s and 400s are too young for retirement. If they are going anywhere it would probably be as an equipment swap with MTAB or NYCT.

I'd hate that. I cant stand the cummins buses. Usually I love cummins engines but the L10G/Allison combo is loud and not reliable, plus combined with years of neglect these buses are beyond repair and need to be scrapped.

Though some of the 300s are starting to show neglect bad too. It's hard to get a bus that runs right, most of them have something wrong..

But there must be a problem with the L10G/Allison combo because NYCT repowered the Orion V CNG's at Gleason depot with DDC Series 50Gs.

The L10 series is certainly not my favroite Cummins engine. Now what Bee Line is using on their new Orion V's, that's an engine! I believe Suffolk Transit has the same engine in their newest Gilligs, it's a Cummins ISL I believe.

Did you ever drive #399? That bus has a John Deere CNG engine in it. I rode the ones at QSC and they ran very good.

I agree 100%!! But the Cummins in the newest Bee-Line batch is the ISM. It is the Sh!t!!:cool:

Archived