LI Bus new buses, maybe not for a lil while

LIBusdriver349

lol no i love my cummins.....stop jynxing them they stink but theyre better than the 3's and 4's.....

I had 159 it was pretty good today. The buses would be in better shape if they were maintained. It does seem the cummins out of RVC runs better. Their 400s are still slow, last week I had 424 (I think) on the N25 doing heaves just trying to get over 30mph.

The cummins seem to have better "pull out of the curb" power than the 300s and the 400s. If you have to pick up someone and the light turns green, if you got a 300 or 400 you're not gonna make the light, if you got a cummins (that's running properly) you'll probably make the light.

Especially at East Gate Blvd +Old Country, that light is pain, and if you got a newer bus you aint gonna make it.

The funny thing is if a bunch of buses come out of RFM to East Gate and there's a 400 series in the lead, they'll all be stuck behind it at the light.

wat run u have 159 on?? i havent driven that bus since the 23 a year ago

I had 159 on the N27 on a Saturday. It was the 2:31pm bus from Roosevelt Field to Glen Cove. I believe it does the N21 out of Glen Cove at 3:32pm.

Usually it's a 400 series bus, but not that day, I guess the assigned 400 series broke down.

heh....ummmmmmm yea bout that.....idk how im having these almost weird runins with u guys but that was supposed to be my run DAMNIT....but i had 124 at first to drive you, i blew two cylinders in the engine right on Charles Lindbergh boulevard, so damn close to ya the mechanic picked me up in 349 so i was like....oh no i dont want that cuz its slow.....he hooked me up with 334.....HAHAHAHAHA yet another close call and u would have had ur favorite...... ecomat lol i ended up with 334 on the 22 at some random time...only problem was that 334 made the weirdest noises when i was slowing down, sounded like a damn seal.....god...fast bus though

Okay I saw 384 and 430, they both were pretty quick, and 384 had the loud cricket sound. If you ever have a choice of bus to choose and you see them, take them right away. 430 moans like a New York City 400 series Orion V.

Archived