Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

Hound, have you driven the n19?  I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the fastest route in and out of the mall?  Now that Walmart has left Sunrise mall hardly anyone got on/off at the mall.  I really think way too many Nassau and Suffolk buses serve that mall as it is, it's not a popular destination anymore.  Also, only a handful of people of people got on the between Merrick Rd and the mall, I really think the mall should be eliminated and send the bus straight from Babylon to Freeport via Merrick/Montauk...  My proposal of eliminating time on the 54/55 by terminating either the 54 or 55 from entering the mall, and elininating the out of the way Louden/110 stop (aready covered by the S1, S33, and 1A) more than pays for a restoration of at least hourly service to Babylon via Merrick/Montauk... If the bus can no longer go to Babylon it should be at least terminated at Amityville RR for reason I've stated over and over just makes sense. 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely the new signs are having problems. assuming that all the buses you've seen have them. Heard from someone who works for one of the companies, the new signs have slight problems. Like when the driver trys to type in the code for 'No Passengers' or 'Not In Service' the destination sign instead reads a sign for the S110. Someone recently saw 1015 heading to replace 1010 somewhere in the Hamptons and 1015's sign read 'S110 Farmingdale'

New signs.  lol  I was thinking about this the other day, the "newest" buses are almost 6 years old...  Have they replaced the destination signs?   The 2010 Orion VII's and Gillig Phantom's are having problems.  I'm seeing more buses with signs taped in the window from EBT than working signs.  One night last week I saw a 40ft Orion VII (I forget the number) pass me in the opposite direction and the destination sign quickly switched between "EMERGENCY" and "TEST PATTERN" the sign also switched between many different colors just as it passed tghe new bright sign for SUNY Farmingdale,it really looked cool.

Speaking of "s110, Farmingdale." that's what the sign says inside is stuck on during the new part of the S20 loop using Montauk(Merrick)/Broadway(110),,,  I forget if it says S110 Farmingdale or S110 SUNY Farmingdale, I guess the new portion of the route hasn't been programmed. 

Speaking of "s110, Farmingdale." that's what the sign says inside is stuck on during the new part of the S20 loop using Montauk(Merrick)/Broadway(110),,,  I forget if it says S110 Farmingdale or S110 SUNY Farmingdale, I guess the new portion of the route hasn't been programmed. 

Seeing on how fast the new part of the S20 was added, I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been programmed yet.

Hound, have you driven the n19?  I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the fastest route in and out of the mall?  Now that Walmart has left Sunrise mall hardly anyone got on/off at the mall.  I really think way too many Nassau and Suffolk buses serve that mall as it is, it's not a popular destination anymore.  Also, only a handful of people of people got on the between Merrick Rd and the mall, I really think the mall should be eliminated and send the bus straight from Babylon to Freeport via Merrick/Montauk...  My proposal of eliminating time on the 54/55 by terminating either the 54 or 55 from entering the mall, and elininating the out of the way Louden/110 stop (aready covered by the S1, S33, and 1A) more than pays for a restoration of at least hourly service to Babylon via Merrick/Montauk... If the bus can no longer go to Babylon it should be at least terminated at Amityville RR for reason I've stated over and over just makes sense. 

In my experience-there were always people getting on or off on Carmans Mill,esp. the disabled. The Unqua Rd stretch was dead except for the stop by Sunrise,which had ridership from the shopping area there. Extending it to Amityville might make sense,but you already have the 54 going there,as well as the S33. The ridership to & from the mall isn't what it used to be,but you still get workers using the 19,esp. w/b to Freeport.

Archived