Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

How did you put that all together

i opened up all 3 maps seperately, then clicked the white dropdown bar and clicked on all three maps so they were visible

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one. Since the N8 runs in a loop now, why not bring back the N3?

I suggested it as a limited from Jamaica to Green Acres via Lynbrook and Merrick Road. Under this route, the n6x would make all local stops east of

NHP Road, and still make the stop at Meacheam Avenue And start at 169 street instead of making 3 stops only before Meacheam Avenue

That doesn't even make sense to have a LIMITED on a bus route that had low ridership as it is. IT would definitely NOT last.

It would run a limited on Hempstead Turnpike as Merrick Road

Hempstead Tpke Setup

The n6 would be the Local

The n3 would be the limited stop

The n6x would e the express

Merrick Road Setup

N4 is the Local

N3 is the limited stop

The N28 should be cut short of Great Neck. Maybe to Mineola, because going to great neck, people can take the n4 to n25, but RVC currently has no Mineola service and also serving Ocean Ave/Nassau Blvd is a good idea as well.

The N28 should be cut short of Great Neck. Maybe to Mineola, because going to great neck, people can take the n4 to n25, but RVC currently has no Mineola service and also serving Ocean Ave/Nassau Blvd is a good idea as well.

Maybe sending some trips there, but that would defeat the purpose of it being a north-south route...

How about rerouting the N28 to serve Community Drive? The hospital could attract more ridership.

N/B:

LIE service road E/B

Community Drive N/B

NY 25A W/B

S/B:

NY 25A E/B

Community Drive S/B

LIE service road E/B

As part of this plan, I would reroute the N25 onto Marcus Avenue where it intersects with New Hyde Park Road. The N25 would then follow Marcus Avenue to Lakeville Road/Middle Neck Road, which it would take into Great Neck.

This is my most sensible and my best plans for NICE. The N90 and N92 are late nights only. No routes are replacements, only additions.

MAP LINK

N7: Ozone Park - Freeport via Liberty Ave/Merrick Road

Runs Weekdays and Saturdays.

Runs 20 Mins Rush, 45 Mins Middays/Evenings.

Runs every 30 minutes Saturday Rush.

N50: Extention to Syosset-Crossways Industrial

N77: Garden City (RF) - S. Huntington (WWM)

Runs weekdays, hourly.

N78: Extended to Farmingdale LIRR via Walt Whitman Road/SUNY Farmingale

N90: New Late Night Service. Every 60 Minutes, Every 30 Events at Nassau Colisseum. 12-6AM, daily.

N92: New Late Night Service. Every 60 Minutes. 12-5 AM Monday through Saturday

This is my most sensible and my best plans for NICE. The N90 and N92 are late nights only. No routes are replacements, only additions.

MAP LINK

Runs weekdays, hourly.

The N77 defeats the purpose of the N79 and thats a lot of buses that aren't really needed. I've suggested for a while now to just extend the n24 to Walt Whitman Mall and leave it at that. Jamaica brings a lot of ridership to NICE and the n24 goes through a lot of transfer points and destinations. The N78 idea I don't really understand. Is that suppose to replace the old N94?

The N77 defeats the purpose of the N79 and thats a lot of buses that aren't really needed. I've suggested for a while now to just extend the n24 to Walt Whitman Mall and leave it at that. Jamaica brings a lot of ridership to NICE and the n24 goes through a lot of transfer points and destinations. The N78 idea I don't really understand. Is that suppose to replace the old N94?

The n77 serves the Jericho Tpke corridor

The n78 replaces the old n95 farmingdale loop on Walt Whitman Road , and the n50/77 replace the n94 at crossways

The N24 would be too long if it went to Walt Whitman.

And the N94 didn't go anywhere near the N78 (except for Hicksville, of course)

The n78 replaces the old n95 farmingdale loop on Walt Whitman Road , and the n50/77 replace the n94 at crossways

I think you'd be better off extending a HART route to replace the N95.

I think you'd be better off extending a HART route to replace the N95.

I don't know about that. Most HART routes are short(er) and I don't know If SCT wants that or even HART might not want to provide service. Since I see that the n78 might be axed, I'm trying to make it useful again.

There has never been bus service on that area of Jericho Tpke. The community hasn't had an outcry for it, so I don't know how ridership would go on it. I don't think it would work out.

The N24 would be too long if it went to Walt Whitman.

No, it wouldn't be too long. Only about two hours per run. For a route that big a distance thats all local stops, that is ok.

And the N94 didn't go anywhere near the N78 (except for Hicksville, of course)

I was talking about his proposal to EXTEND the N78 to SUNY Farmingdale. He clearly said above that it would replace the old N95 which was the old Farmingdale loop.

There has never been bus service on that area of Jericho Tpke. The community hasn't had an outcry for it, so I don't know how ridership would go on it. I don't think it would work out.

No, it wouldn't be too long. Only about two hours per run. For a route that big a distance thats all local stops, that is ok.

I was talking about his proposal to EXTEND the N78 to SUNY Farmingdale. He clearly said above that it would replace the old N95 which was the old Farmingdale loop.

who the hell will use N24 to walt whitman? There is a reason why N79 was truncated that extension is STUPID AND OUT OF ONES ASS

No, that's the opposite of OK, especially on the frequencies the N24 has. One screwup and that 1 hour wait could become 90 minutes easily. People were leery about extending the route to Hicksville because of the reliability issues, so obviously extending it to the WWM wouldn't work.

Except that I mentioned the N94, not the N95.

who the hell will use N24 to walt whitman? There is a reason why N79 was truncated that extension is STUPID AND OUT OF ONES ASS

LOL. Now we know what that status update was about.

VWM a question? Have you been on NiCE/LI Bus at all before? Another teen who seems to think this is NYC lol.

Why not just have either the one of the branches of the N70/71/72 just run hourly between Hempstead Transit Center and Levitown Route 106 or Route 107? Your shuttle are too complex. Plus Nassau Cols. will be closing by 2015 and unless a new arena is bulit, it be a ghost town.

And your N7 is not needed. Most riders will still use the LIRR at Jamaica. Just run the N7 between Green Acres and ozone park. Plus NICE will focus on Nassau riders first and not NYC/Queens residents.

Just my takes.

MAP LINK

N7: Ozone Park - Freeport via Liberty Ave/Merrick Road

Runs Weekdays and Saturdays.

Runs 20 Mins Rush, 45 Mins Middays/Evenings.

Runs every 30 minutes Saturday Rush.

N50: Extention to Syosset-Crossways Industrial

Runs weekdays, hourly.

N90: New Late Night Service. Every 60 Minutes, Every 30 Events at Nassau Colisseum. 12-6AM, daily.

N92: New Late Night Service. Every 60 Minutes. 12-5 AM Monday through Saturday

Nassau County Hub Study has excellent idea.

n28: Restored and revised.

Option 1:

Start at south side of Great Neck Station.

Follows n20/n21 to Shore Rd, up Shore Rd into Seaview Blvd, then return to Shore Rd, through Roslyn Industrian, then follow n23 route to Roosevelt Field Mall.

Option 2:

Via Middle Neck Rd, Northern Blvd, follows n27 route to Roosevelt Field Mall, follows n23 route to Glen Clove Rd, then n20 route to Great Neck Station.

VWM a question? Have you been on NiCE/LI Bus at all before? Another teen who seems to think this is NYC lol.

Why not just have either the one of the branches of the N70/71/72 just run hourly between Hempstead Transit Center and Levitown Route 106 or Route 107? Your shuttle are too complex. Plus Nassau Cols. will be closing by 2015 and unless a new arena is bulit, it be a ghost town.

I thought he lived in Merrick. :wacko: Or am I thinking of somebody else? In any case, I'm pretty sure he lives out in LI.

N2: Keep it as a Floral Park-Green Acres loop that only runs in the morning and the evening.

N6x: Now makes stops at Elmont Road and Franklin Ave/New Hyde Park Road.

N8: This idea has been proposed several times, extend it to the Hempstead Transit Center. The new n8 will run every 30 minutes in the weekdays, and 45 minutes in the weekends.

N24: Scaled back to Roosevelt Field. For service to Hicksville, please take the n22.

N78 and N79: Extend it to Roosevelt Field via Old Country Road.

Archived