Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

Given the recent changes and the clear example of NICE operating out of their ass, they need to seriously consider taking part in this forum or at least looking at this page: http://brettnyc.com/nice-proposals/

I think you need to rework your n22 proposal though, since a large chunk of ridership would be left behind in New Cassel. At least have the n22L make a few stops there, otherwise the locals will get jam packed and flag ppl.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My additions:

- The n21 does not need anymore frequent service than every 30 minutes in rush hours, and a few midday trips could be eliminated as the ridership along the n21-only segment at these times is low. The n27 trip that leaves Glen Cove weekdays at 6:25pm needs to be restored.

- A mistake was made when the n22L was eliminated, no trips took their place east of Roosevelt Field, which has resulted in overcrowding
& delays on the n22. The n22 route east of Roosevelt Field serves many poor, impoverished areas in Westbury & New Cassel where people
do not own cars. Service needs to be boosted to every 15 - 20 minutes in BOTH directions in rush hours along this segment. Consider extending
all n22a's to Hicksville. The n24 does not need anymore than 2 buses an hour between Hicksville & Roosevelt Field rush hours.

My additions:

- The n21 does not need anymore frequent service than every 30 minutes in rush hours, and a few midday trips could be eliminated as the ridership along the n21-only segment at these times is low. The n27 trip that leaves Glen Cove weekdays at 6:25pm needs to be restored.

- A mistake was made when the n22L was eliminated, no trips took their place east of Roosevelt Field, which has resulted in overcrowding
& delays on the n22. The n22 route east of Roosevelt Field serves many poor, impoverished areas in Westbury & New Cassel where people
do not own cars. Service needs to be boosted to every 15 - 20 minutes in BOTH directions in rush hours along this segment. Consider extending
all n22a's to Hicksville. The n24 does not need anymore than 2 buses an hour between Hicksville & Roosevelt Field rush hours.

When I was at 170th St bus stop, lots of n22 riders want n22L Limited back.

I think they sent n24 buses to/from Hicksville to connect with n78/79 buses.

Good thing they bought Sunday's 7:10 trip from Jamaica Center to Rockville Cetre Station and n4 riders will be happy.

My additions:

Would it be a good idea to extend the n35 from Westbury to Hicksville LIRR via n22 routing? The n35 would just turn off Post and follow the n22 from Westbury to Hicksville.

Would it be a good idea to extend the n35 from Westbury to Hicksville LIRR via n22 routing? The n35 would just turn off Post and follow the n22 from Westbury to Hicksville.

An idea for sure, but it would add more running time to a route already plauged with delays. Also people use the stops along Post Ave up to Rockland. Not sure how it would be able to make the turn from Post onto Maple, having it just go via Union is probably better. Of course I always thought there should be a bus that travels up Brush Hollow to Jericho. I was hoping NICE would add service to new areas like this but that hasn't happened. What I've always felt was that the n22L should have just been changed to serve Roosevelt Field, and be more like a true limited, similar to what MTA does. Then the n22 would have been fine. But NICE just gets rid of the n22L and puts nothing in it's place, a sneaky service cut in my opinion, just like the March 30th changes.

The n22 had no/fewer crowding problems when the n22L was running, now its a mess.

I'm for eliminating all n21 service outside of rush hours, another stupid decision NICE made. They're throwing money away by sending those buses up to Glen Cove during the day empty. They're better off staying n20s to Roslyn and actually getting ridership.

As for the n22, it's a complicated route, but you can't just say "oh, let's extend the n22a to Hicksville." The n22a is again, a feeder route to the n22 local, that takes a lot of the load off of the n22 local by starting at Roosevelt Field and working from there. It's also good for the drivers who just ended a route at Roosevelt Field and don't have to deadhead anywhere. I wouldn't decrease n24 service from where it is now, just to help the n22 because it doesn't need it. The n22 is just arranged wrong. In my version of the LIMITED, a stop in New Cassel may not be a bad idea, but I don't think its necessary because once the LIMITEDs take place (if NICE even bothers to accept my idea) and start to take passengers from the other, more major stops, then the locals will have plenty of room for the passengers in New Cassel.

http://brettnyc.com/nice-proposals/

Agree the n21 only needs to run rush hours. I know the n22a is a feeder route, I'd rather see the limited brought back for sure. My main criticism of NICE is for cutting the Limited but not adding anything to Hicksville in it's place. The main problem with the Limited is is skipped Roosevelt Field, and instead of changing that, they just decided to can the n22L altogether. Your idea is better because it makes it more like a true limited. For some reason NICE doesn't like the limited concept (hence canning the n6L) and prefers the X, but the Limited Concept has proven to work well in the city and would here too. My idea for the n22L would be Hicksville LIRR, Prospect & Union, Post & Maple, Carle Place, Roosevelt Field, Mineola, Hillside & Mineola Ave, Hillside & NHP Road, City Line, 179st, and 165th Bus term. Like you said the n22X would stop at only Hicksville, Roosevelt Field and then express to 179st subway.

n22L would run peak direction, whereas the n22X would run reverse peak direction. The n22X would sort of fill in as an alternative to the LIRR when it's reverse-peak service is limited.

I'm for eliminating all n21 service outside of rush hours, another stupid decision NICE made. They're throwing money away by sending those buses up to Glen Cove during the day empty. They're better off staying n20s to Roslyn and actually getting ridership.

As for the n22, it's a complicated route, but you can't just say "oh, let's extend the n22a to Hicksville." The n22a is again, a feeder route to the n22 local, that takes a lot of the load off of the n22 local by starting at Roosevelt Field and working from there. It's also good for the drivers who just ended a route at Roosevelt Field and don't have to deadhead anywhere. I wouldn't decrease n24 service from where it is now, just to help the n22 because it doesn't need it. The n22 is just arranged wrong. In my version of the LIMITED, a stop in New Cassel may not be a bad idea, but I don't think its necessary because once the LIMITEDs take place (if NICE even bothers to accept my idea) and start to take passengers from the other, more major stops, then the locals will have plenty of room for the passengers in New Cassel.

Well they did this to themselves, all they had to do is make sure the N27 made its connections with the N20 and N23. A simple f-ing task, especially on 30 and 60 min headways. Making the system less convenient by missing connections is not going to increase ridership.

I do think some midday service should be left to Glen Cove for coverage (at least a 11 AM trip and 1 PM trip from Glen Cove and it's previous trip should stay, but all other midday service should be discontinued). During the evening, the last trip to Glen Cove should be a 9 PM trip. The last trip from Glen Cove should be like at 8 PM. 

Why? They're throwing money away, and their funding is BS. They're screwing themselves over.

Well, whoever replaced Kumar and designed this crap is going to have a talk with me soon hopefully. I'm trying to arrange a meeting with NICE to talk about this.

I don't. If you have the n27 running between Roosevelt Field and Glen Cove during the weekdays, that's enough. The n21 is empty past Roslyn, and NICE is just wasting fuel and their money. I've been pushing for the n21 to be rush hours only since before Long Island Bus left. They did it, and then they reverted it because one or two people like Yuki complained and asked for it back so they could joyride.

Actually, with the n22, I've noticed that the buses are busy in both directions during rush hour. I'd have the LIMITED run in both directions in both rush hours. That stop is New Cassel for the my N22L proposal isn't definite yet because I'm still looking into the ridership there, but I'm not saying I'm against it. The 22x isn't even an express any more. NICE screwed it up.

Yeah ditti with that n22X. Now that it goes through Mineola it isn't much quicker than the regular n22, and it then gets caught in a backup at Herricks & Jericho for that light. It was much better going express after RF to 179st. I could definately see the n22L running in both directions rush hours. As far as the n21, it should only run rush hours, 6a-9a, 5p-8p, weekdays only. Years ago it used to get some ppl along the n21-only portion, but now almost everyone is using it to go to the last stop in Glen Cove, and can be accomdated by the n27. Just turn those n21 midday trips to n20s to CW Post.

Why? They're throwing money away, and their funding is BS. They're screwing themselves over.

Well, whoever replaced Kumar and designed this crap is going to have a talk with me soon hopefully. I'm trying to arrange a meeting with NICE to talk about this.

I don't. If you have the n27 running between Roosevelt Field and Glen Cove during the weekdays, that's enough. The n21 is empty past Roslyn, and NICE is just wasting fuel and their money. I've been pushing for the n21 to be rush hours only since before Long Island Bus left. They did it, and then they reverted it because one or two people like Yuki complained and asked for it back so they could joyride.

Actually, with the n22, I've noticed that the buses are busy in both directions during rush hour. I'd have the LIMITED run in both directions in both rush hours. That stop is New Cassel for the my N22L proposal isn't definite yet because I'm still looking into the ridership there, but I'm not saying I'm against it. The 22x isn't even an express any more. NICE screwed it up.

The N21 should run all day. It is not empty past Roslyn.

Yeah ditti with that n22X. Now that it goes through Mineola it isn't much quicker than the regular n22, and it then gets caught in a backup at Herricks & Jericho for that light. It was much better going express after RF to 179st. I could definately see the n22L running in both directions rush hours. As far as the n21, it should only run rush hours, 6a-9a, 5p-8p, weekdays only. Years ago it used to get some ppl along the n21-only portion, but now almost everyone is using it to go to the last stop in Glen Cove, and can be accomdated by the n27. Just turn those n21 midday trips to n20s to CW Post.

The N22X should at least have a stop at Jericho & Herricks. The N24 bus stop is there anyway.

The "mistake" was made when NICE bothered to have 22L's & 22x's running in their totalities; it amounted to "poor" distribution of 22 service... That I agree with...

With the 22, all you needed east of RFM in your neck of the woods were an increased amt. of 22's & 22x's (that makes more stops along the way).... No way was it necessary to have 22's, 22L's, and 22x's all emanating from Hicksville..... If it came down to eliminating 'L' trips vs 'X', I would've gotten rid of 'L' trips also.... What good is it to have buses skipping the what, 2nd largest hub in all the county? Simply put, the X makes more sense to have around, over the L....

What you say about the 24 is complete hogwash; all they need is 30 min headways during the rush - Talk about selfish (so that more trips be put on 22's & some taken off 24's for your benefit huh)... At Mineola, I see people everyday stepping aside when the EB 22 arrives... This tells me that those folks in the morning (including some of which are taking the same incoming train I take, for starters) a] are not getting off at RFM, and b] they don't want residential westbury/new cassel... They're either seeking commercial old country rd, or points east of hicksville (a la the n78/79) - with which those riders might feel that the 24 is quicker than the 22 b/w Mineola & Hicksville.....

n22a's to Hicksville for what? To replace L trips & do something that L trips did not do (serve RFM)? Lol, you have some case there.... The 22a meanders enough as it is, just to get to RFM, and you think that should run to Hicksville.... As QJT would say, logic is not your strong suit at all.....

An idea for sure, but it would add more running time to a route already plauged with delays. Also people use the stops along Post Ave up to Rockland. Not sure how it would be able to make the turn from Post onto Maple, having it just go via Union is probably better. Of course I always thought there should be a bus that travels up Brush Hollow to Jericho. I was hoping NICE would add service to new areas like this but that hasn't happened. What I've always felt was that the n22L should have just been changed to serve Roosevelt Field, and be more like a true limited, similar to what MTA does. Then the n22 would have been fine. But NICE just gets rid of the n22L and puts nothing in it's place, a sneaky service cut in my opinion, just like the March 30th changes.

The n22 had no/fewer crowding problems when the n22L was running, now its a mess.

It would have been redundant, not "fine".... Why should you east of RFM riders get a local, a LTD, and an express to RFM (and points west)

Let's not talk about sneaky, when you're up here suggesting that more buses run along the 22 route so that each individual bus along the way won't be as, you know... too crowded.... One thing I have noticed about your *22 needs more service towards Hicksville* commentaries is that, for the longest, you over-exaggerate just how heavy the n22 east of RFM is.... You make it SOUND like buses should be running at 5-10 min headways w/i that portion or something.... You make it SOUND like the n22 b/w RFM & Hicksville gets M15 (let me use a Nassau example) n6 peak hour level type crowding.... Guess it really doesn't matter if it's one person or 20 people standing on some bus... Laughable......

Bottom line, you wanted LIB/want NICE to overserve your area.... That much is apparent.

As far as crowding problems, that always existed on the n22 - Before, during, and now after the emergence of the 22L...

So stop fibbing; talking about n22's had no/fewer crowding problems when the 22L was around....

When I was at 170th St bus stop, lots of n22 riders want n22L Limited back.

I think they sent n24 buses to/from Hicksville to connect with n78/79 buses.

Good thing they bought Sunday's 7:10 trip from Jamaica Center to Rockville Cetre Station and n4 riders will be happy.

1- Have 22x's make more stops & those riders wouldn't think twice about wanting the 22L back...

2- Maybe because the n78/79 used to end at Mineola?

3- What's the deal with that particular trip? (honest question)

It doesn't go on the viaduct. But you're correct, only in the instance the driver has the returning run to Flushing. If not, they'll take Old Northern Blvd, drop off at the eastbound direction stop, and then turn right onto Willis Ave to deadhead to the Long Island Expressway or points south. I don't understand how you don't know this when all you do is ride NICE bus and your home route is the n20.

Simple... He's too busy riding the other 51 routes!

The "mistake" was made when NICE bothered to have 22L's & 22x's running in their totalities; it amounted to "poor" distribution of 22 service... That I agree with...

With the 22, all you needed east of RFM in your neck of the woods were an increased amt. of 22's & 22x's (that makes more stops along the way).... No way was it necessary to have 22's, 22L's, and 22x's all emanating from Hicksville..... If it came down to eliminating 'L' trips vs 'X', I would've gotten rid of 'L' trips also.... What good is it to have buses skipping the what, 2nd largest hub in all the county? Simply put, the X makes more sense to have around, over the L....

What you say about the 24 is complete hogwash; all they need is 30 min headways during the rush - Talk about selfish (so that more trips be put on 22's & some taken off 24's for your benefit huh)... At Mineola, I see people everyday stepping aside when the EB 22 arrives... This tells me that those folks in the morning (including some of which are taking the same incoming train I take, for starters) a] are not getting off at RFM, and b] they don't want residential westbury/new cassel... They're either seeking commercial old country rd, or points east of hicksville (a la the n78/79) - with which those riders might feel that the 24 is quicker than the 22 b/w Mineola & Hicksville.....

n22a's to Hicksville for what? To replace L trips & do something that L trips did not do (serve RFM)? Lol, you have some case there.... The 22a meanders enough as it is, just to get to RFM, and you think that should run to Hicksville.... As QJT would say, logic is not your strong suit at all.....

It would have been redundant, not "fine".... Why should you east of RFM riders get a local, a LTD, and an express to RFM (and points west)

Let's not talk about sneaky, when you're up here suggesting that more buses run along the 22 route so that each individual bus along the way won't be as, you know... too crowded.... One thing I have noticed about your *22 needs more service towards Hicksville* commentaries is that, for the longest, you over-exaggerate just how heavy the n22 east of RFM is.... You make it SOUND like buses should be running at 5-10 min headways w/i that portion or something.... You make it SOUND like the n22 b/w RFM & Hicksville gets M15 (let me use a Nassau example) n6 peak hour level type crowding.... Guess it really doesn't matter if it's one person or 20 people standing on some bus... Laughable......

Bottom line, you wanted LIB/want NICE to overserve your area.... That much is apparent.

As far as crowding problems, that always existed on the n22 - Before, during, and now after the emergence of the 22L...

So stop fibbing; talking about n22's had no/fewer crowding problems when the 22L was around....

1- Have 22x's make more stops & those riders wouldn't think twice about wanting the 22L back...

I said n24 30 min headways between Hicksville & RF in rush hours. More trips would start/begin at RF on the western leg where more of the ridership is. The n22 runs every 30 min in the rush hour direction from Hicksville too, and gets more riders than the n24, so yes, I think there needs to be more n22's. Have you taken the n22 to/from Hicksville lately? Because compared to the n24 it makes a hell of alot more stops and has more people than the n24. And didn't the old n78/79 run every 30 min rush hours anyway?

Yes, the n22L was messed up because it skipped Roosevelt Field, we all know that. I think there would be more of a benefit to having a more NYC style limited service around here, along with the X. More or less I think Brett has the right idea with the n22. The n22a would remain ending at RF if the limited was brought back or the X ran rush hour direction (instead of just reverse peak).

So yes, you could just have the n22X make more stops, but it also needs to run in the peak direction, so you can have the n22x run in place of the eliminated n22L trips, and just keep the n22a ending at RF. My problem again is that NICE turned the L trips into A's, and would've been better off turning them into X's. I'm not saying the n22 needs 5-10 min headways, but it should be getting 15-20 min headways rush hours in both directions to Hicksville, instead of it being reduced to every 30 min in rush hour direction. If you think the n24 warrants 20 min headways to/from Hicksville rush hours fine, but so does the n22. Oh, and BTW, I use the n24 as well so your argument is hogwash, sometimes I'd take it since it came before the n22 at Hicksville or RF. Both stops are within walking distance to me.

NICE made mistake and cut Sunday's 7am trip out from Jamaica Center to Freeport. They used to have in last year's change. n4 passengers lots of them told me 6:30 n4 Freeport is always late and sometimes that driver leaves 10 minutes early.

Prepare for a proposal but it has 2 different implementations. Proposal A :

Restructure N80 completely northern segment dropped runs to Hempstead via Hempstead tpk instead of hicksville. But stops at all Levittown stops then only stops at Jerusalem, Carmen and uniondale ave only then All local stops (offpeak only) at rush directly to HTC.

N71 gets 30 min peak service and rerouted away from Hempstead terminal via merrick ave to NCC then replaces N35 to Westbury.

N35 rerouted to replace N24 between RFM and hicksville.

N79 service upgraded to resemble N22 and eats off N22 on the eastern end extended to RFM. N22X will still go to hicksville and become bidirectional N22 A dropped X makes A stops until Willis then express mineola gets dropped from it. N22 adjustment to maintain local services truncated due to reliability.

N81 EATs N80 northern segment boosted peak service offpeak service axed. Same to N80 however N80 becomes an X version of N55( sort of)

N74 boosted peak but N73 rerouted to replace N81 northern segment but time with bethpage LIRR and then replaces parts of old N94. Offpeak service reduction to 90 min headway.

Proposal B: N71 replacement of N80 northern segment and N24 eastern segment then service increases to 30 minutes on N71 but ends at RFM but timed with N35 whose routing won't change in this proposal.

N80 replaces N71 on Hempstead tpk goes to make same few stops at peak.

N79 gains more service but extended via N22 routing to RFM like in other proposal.

N6x next and last 2 stops old country rd and maple Or N6x at peak absorbs N35 Westbury which is truncated at RFM or NCC when N6x is running.

N78 via seaford oyster bay expressway stops at bethpage LIRR merges with N73 via central and wantagh ave and Hempstead tpk back to southern routing.N74 left alone on Jerusalem N73 meandering dropped. NEw line has N73 designation N78 designation dropped.

N81 left alone but peak service truncation at MassapequaLIRR.

N47,46,51&50 dropped replacement by boosted N49. Increase to 30 minutes on N55 & 54 BUT N54 rerouted via N46 and N51 routing to RFM. N48 replaces N51'merrick ave segment use N70&72 or 49& 80 for HTC

NICE made mistake and cut Sunday's 7am trip out from Jamaica Center to Freeport. They used to have in last year's change. n4 passengers lots of them told me 6:30 n4 Freeport is always late and sometimes that driver leaves 10 minutes early.

Take LIRR if your job can't pay for travel quit!!!

Prepare for a proposal but it has 2 different implementations. Proposal A :

Restructure N80 completely northern segment dropped runs to Hempstead via Hempstead tpk instead of hicksville. But stops at all Levittown stops then only stops at Jerusalem, Carmen and uniondale ave only then All local stops (offpeak only) at rush directly to HTC.

N71 gets 30 min peak service and rerouted away from Hempstead terminal via merrick ave to NCC then replaces N35 to Westbury.

N35 rerouted to replace N24 between RFM and hicksville.

N79 service upgraded to resemble N22 and eats off N22 on the eastern end extended to RFM. N22X will still go to hicksville and become bidirectional N22 A dropped X makes A stops until Willis then express mineola gets dropped from it. N22 adjustment to maintain local services truncated due to reliability.

N81 EATs N80 northern segment boosted peak service offpeak service axed. Same to N80 however N80 becomes an X version of N55( sort of)

N74 boosted peak but N73 rerouted to replace N81 northern segment but time with bethpage LIRR and then replaces parts of old N94. Offpeak service reduction to 90 min headway.

Proposal B: N71 replacement of N80 northern segment and N24 eastern segment then service increases to 30 minutes on N71 but ends at RFM but timed with N35 whose routing won't change in this proposal.

N80 replaces N71 on Hempstead tpk goes to make same few stops at peak.

N79 gains more service but extended via N22 routing to RFM like in other proposal.

N6x next and last 2 stops old country rd and maple Or N6x at peak absorbs N35 Westbury which is truncated at RFM or NCC when N6x is running.

N78 via seaford oyster bay expressway stops at bethpage LIRR merges with N73 via central and wantagh ave and Hempstead tpk back to southern routing.N74 left alone on Jerusalem N73 meandering dropped. NEw line has N73 designation N78 designation dropped.

N81 left alone but peak service truncation at MassapequaLIRR.

N47,46,51&50 dropped replacement by boosted N49. Increase to 30 minutes on N55 & 54 BUT N54 rerouted via N46 and N51 routing to RFM. N48 replaces N51'merrick ave segment use N70&72 or 49& 80 for HTC

Take LIRR if your job can't pay for travel quit!!!

:blink:

I said n24 30 min headways between Hicksville & RF in rush hours. More trips would start/begin at RF on the western leg where more of the ridership is. The n22 runs every 30 min in the rush hour direction from Hicksville too, and gets more riders than the n24, so yes, I think there needs to be more n22's. Have you taken the n22 to/from Hicksville lately? Because compared to the n24 it makes a hell of alot more stops and has more people than the n24. And didn't the old n78/79 run every 30 min rush hours anyway?

Yes, the n22L was messed up because it skipped Roosevelt Field, we all know that. I think there would be more of a benefit to having a more NYC style limited service around here, along with the X. More or less I think Brett has the right idea with the n22. The n22a would remain ending at RF if the limited was brought back or the X ran rush hour direction (instead of just reverse peak).

So yes, you could just have the n22X make more stops, but it also needs to run in the peak direction, so you can have the n22x run in place of the eliminated n22L trips, and just keep the n22a ending at RF. My problem again is that NICE turned the L trips into A's, and would've been better off turning them into X's. I'm not saying the n22 needs 5-10 min headways, but it should be getting 15-20 min headways rush hours in both directions to Hicksville, instead of it being reduced to every 30 min in rush hour direction.

If you think the n24 warrants 20 min headways to/from Hicksville rush hours fine, but so does the n22. Oh, and BTW, I use the n24 as well so your argument is hogwash, sometimes I'd take it since it came before the n22 at Hicksville or RF. Both stops are within walking distance to me.

You simply saying you use the n24 doesn't debunk anything.... The stops being walking distance to you, means nothing to anyone else except for you - What a stupid argument to try to support n24's running 30 mins during the rush east of RFM..... All you do is come on here in your talks about the n22 & find some damn way to overserve the thing.... This time it's short-changing the n24... What the hell next.....

"I said n24 30 min headways between Hicksville & RF in rush hours"

Yeah sure, have more n24's die off at RFM so that more n22's run east of RFM... Of course you think there should be more n22's; Talk about reeking of selfishness....

As far as your whole spiel about usage on the 22 b/w RFM & Hicksville, no one's doubting that usage is heavy... My problem with you is that your over-exaggerate shit.... You act like everyone is taking n22's east of RFM because it's more residential & not much of anyone takes the n24 east of RFM - which is absolute BS.... That is what you're implicating here....

The problem with the n78/79 was that there weren't too many people east (or west, for that matter) of Hicksville going past (or, to) Mineola... So to compare the n78/79 having 30 min headways, to that of this crap about 30 min headways for the n24 east of RFM during the rush is foolish, as the n24 goes to Jamaica/Queens - Which is there's far more demand for....

Of course it would be beneficial the riders in your area, but guess what - the n22 in it's totality isn't comprised of just your area... So I can't agree with this assertion that you needed an n22L (that went to RFM), along with the n22X (that already goes to RFM).... Again, NICE got it right here, you did not need both X & L trips (even if the L didn't go to RFM)...

Yeah, You could have X trips run rush hours in both directions or whatever, along with an added amt. of stops....

As far as NICE turning those old L trips into A trips (instead of X trips), Well I don't know what the deal with that is.... I suppose you have a point there.... Seems to me that NICE is tryna divert some of the usage b/w RFM & Jamaica (this includes over there on hillside/willis) onto 22a's, thus taking the strain off 22's.... That does seem like a screw job for you east of RFM folks.....

Then that's a problem with whoever's operating that 6:30 trip (if the b/o is infact leaving early like that)....

Rectify that problem, and the 6:30 trip would be fine... really has nothin to do w/ that 7am trip that was cut....

I still don't see the significance of that particular (7am) trip, but w/e....

You simply saying you use the n24 doesn't debunk anything.... The stops being walking distance to you, means nothing to anyone else except for you - What a stupid argument to try to support n24's running 30 mins during the rush east of RFM..... All you do is come on here in your talks about the n22 & find some damn way to overserve the thing.... This time it's short-changing the n24... What the hell next.....

"I said n24 30 min headways between Hicksville & RF in rush hours"

Yeah sure, have more n24's die off at RFM so that more n22's run east of RFM... Of course you think there should be more n22's; Talk about reeking of selfishness....

As far as your whole spiel about usage on the 22 b/w RFM & Hicksville, no one's doubting that usage is heavy... My problem with you is that your over-exaggerate shit.... You act like everyone is taking n22's east of RFM because it's more residential & not much of anyone takes the n24 east of RFM - which is absolute BS.... That is what you're implicating here....

The problem with the n78/79 was that there weren't too many people east (or west, for that matter) of Hicksville going past (or, to) Mineola... So to compare the n78/79 having 30 min headways, to that of this crap about 30 min headways for the n24 east of RFM during the rush is foolish, as the n24 goes to Jamaica/Queens - Which is there's far more demand for....

Of course it would be beneficial the riders in your area, but guess what - the n22 in it's totality isn't comprised of just your area... So I can't agree with this assertion that you needed an n22L (that went to RFM), along with the n22X (that already goes to RFM).... Again, NICE got it right here, you did not need both X & L trips (even if the L didn't go to RFM)...

Yeah, You could have X trips run rush hours in both directions or whatever, along with an added amt. of stops....

As far as NICE turning those old L trips into A trips (instead of X trips), Well I don't know what the deal with that is.... I suppose you have a point there.... Seems to me that NICE is tryna divert some of the usage b/w RFM & Jamaica (this includes over there on hillside/willis) onto 22a's, thus taking the strain off 22's.... That does seem like a screw job for you east of RFM folks.....

Then that's a problem with whoever's operating that 6:30 trip (if the b/o is infact leaving early like that)....

Rectify that problem, and the 6:30 trip would be fine... really has nothin to do w/ that 7am trip that was cut....

I still don't see the significance of that particular (7am) trip, but w/e....

About N79/78 riders at hicksville what lines are they transferring to the most for travel west? LIRR , N49, Or N22? As I heard ridership west of the hicksville LIRR wasn't great on N79.

Then stop telling us you're going to teach us a lesson, because if anything, you're decreasing our IQs with your proposals. They're ridiculous.

It's nothing more than your opinion. 

Oh god, here we go again. Alright, well, when you get the warnings or the negative feedback, don't ask me why.

Qj has some good posts around the forums as well but as soon as he starts to foam with his proposals, I can't help but wonder if he's related to Wallyhorse somehow...

Qj has some good posts around the forums as well but as soon as he starts to foam with his proposals, I can't help but wonder if he's related to Wallyhorse somehow...

I don't know much about Wally but I came up with those ideas to maximize ridership and reduce redundancy via a multi-destination approach similar to boward county

• 2 weeks later...

How about extending the N21 to Locust Valley, Bayville, Oysterbay and Syosset, terminating at the Hicksville LIRR?

I don't know how to add the lines to google maps to show it, a zig zag routing may be needed to reach developments.

Glencove - Forest Ave to Locust Valley LIRR - Birch Hill Rd - Horse Hollow Rd/Bayville Rd/Bayville Ave - Ludlam Ave/W Shore Rd (south) - W Main St - Larrabee Ave - Oyster Bay LIRR - Shore Ave/Audrey Ave - RT106 (south) - Northern Blvd (east) - Split Rock Rd (south) - Church St (east) - Berry Hill Rd (south) - Syosset LIRR - Jackson Ave - Convent Rd (east)- S Woods Rd (south)- Jericho Tpke (west)

Then three possible routings:

1) Robbins Ln - LIE Service Rd (east) - S Oyster Bay Rd - Woodbury Rd - Hicksville LIRR

2) Robbins Ln - LIE Service Rd (east) - S Oyster Bay Rd - Woodbury Rd - Bethpage Rd - Broadway Mall - Hicksville LIRR

3) RT 106/107 - Broadway Mall - Hicksville LIRR.

Also, it can bypass Bayville somehow.

How about extending the N21 to Locust Valley, Bayville, Oysterbay and Syosset, terminating at the Hicksville LIRR?

I don't know how to add the lines to google maps to show it, a zig zag routing may be needed to reach developments.

Glencove - Forest Ave to Locust Valley LIRR - Birch Hill Rd - Horse Hollow Rd/Bayville Rd/Bayville Ave - Ludlam Ave/W Shore Rd (south) - W Main St - Larrabee Ave - Oyster Bay LIRR - Shore Ave/Audrey Ave - RT106 (south) - Northern Blvd (east) - Split Rock Rd (south) - Church St (east) - Berry Hill Rd (south) - Syosset LIRR - Jackson Ave - Convent Rd (east)- S Woods Rd (south)- Jericho Tpke (west)

Then three possible routings:

1) Robbins Ln - LIE Service Rd (east) - S Oyster Bay Rd - Woodbury Rd - Hicksville LIRR

2) Robbins Ln - LIE Service Rd (east) - S Oyster Bay Rd - Woodbury Rd - Bethpage Rd - Broadway Mall - Hicksville LIRR

3) RT 106/107 - Broadway Mall - Hicksville LIRR.

Also, it can bypass Bayville somehow.

Extended N74 would have greater impact. Than to make N21 into a giant U route. Plus oyster bay barely sees car traffic.

Archived