Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
VWM

Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

What's unfortunate is that kind of thinking.  If SCT took over the route portions NICE dropped, it's not really that big of a deal, operationally -- whether thinking it's "out of the way" or going to cost thousands of dollars.  Customers don't view the imaginary "border" demarcations being enforced as a valid excuse when applying some common sense is a more than satisfactory solving of the problem.

By your way of thinking, these changes should be made:

--The NICE N20, N21 should drop at Little Neck, and customers should transfer to the Q12 for Flushing service;

--The NICE N22, N22A, N26 should drop at Hillside Av/268 St, and customers should transfer to the Q43 for Jamaica;

--The NICE N24 should really drop at Jamaica Av/256 St for customers to transfer to the Q36, but it could be possible to run it down to LIRR Queens Village (under the guise of serving LIRR customers, though it's pretty pointless, but mades good P.R.), as that would be a better dumping of customers onto more lines;

--The NICE N1, N6 should drop at the Q2, Q110 Hempstead Av terminals, with transfers to Jamaica;

--The NICE N4, N4X should drop somewhere on Hook Creek Blvd for transfers to the Q5, continue to Conduit and drop for the Q85 (both locations for customers to go to Jamaica, and for Q5, Q85 customers to transfer to Green Acres Mall), which means the MTA should drop all customers at Conduit Av/Hook Creek Blvd with no service to Green Acres;

--The NICE N31, N32, N33 should end at the Nassau border, with no service to Far Rockaway.  The Q111, Q113, Q114 can still route through Nassau, since the MTA is a bigger agency and can handle the extra bit of funding necessary for those services (since NICE has so many money problems);

--The SCT S19, S20 should not use Sunrise Mall as a terminal (since it's technically in Nassau County).

Sounds pretty stupid and petty, doesn't it?  Especially since the NICE routes which venture into Queens are only half-efficient (fares only on eastbound services), and with their money problems, you'd think if NICE did actually enforce the "border" rule (as you espouse), they could actually use money more wisely for service within Nassau across all of the routes.  In fact, they are simply duplicating service along MTA routes, to an extent.  MTA offers plenty of service, and if it really came down to it, would be in more of a position to add more service to deal with the additional customer loads.

Now don't bother trotting out the "OH it's all about commuters, and how else would people connect to the subway and vice versa," because when it comes down to brass tacks -- according to your methodology -- the various agencies should be serving customers within their own backyards, and nothing more.  In some cases, it comes down to "turf wars".  The MTA and NYCDOT could play what Detroit does with SMART, and they could tell NICE that their buses, using city roads, cause traffic problems and take away their customers, and either outright not permit them to serve Jamaica or Flushing, or dictate during AM and PM Peak only.  They could put restrictions like only limited-stop service for eastbound routes, dictating only a few stops to allow customers to board at, and no stopping on westbound trips except at the Jamaica/Flushing terminals from the point where they intersect with Q-buses.

We have this setup, and it's not optimal, especially on days like today (Sunday) when SMART buses that transfer at the city lines run 30, 40, 45, 50 minute headways, and the connecting DDOT buses run half of those.  That leads to more packed buses on both sides, plus those going into the suburbs actually have quite a wait (so, in effect, two DDOT buses drop off, and customers pile onto one SMART bus heading to the suburbs).  Now apply that to MTA and NICE if the same was occurring, in enforcing the borders.  NICE would probably be oblivious, while the MTA would be running more buses to deal with the situation.

At the end of the day, one solitary SCT route traveling into "enemy territory" -- to *GASP!* serve customers -- is not going to break the bank.  In fact, why not get the few fares that can be had, as well as being a good neighbor serving customers NICE flipped off?  Those people on the Nassau-Suffolk border could care less about which bus comes that little way, especially since NICE had been doing it (with no problems until now under a "convenient" excuse).

Overthinking a problem and underperforming in a solution are hallmarks of any government agency.  Common sense (i.e. real world problem solving) costs a lot less, especially for the taxpayers footing the bills.

Thank you.

I'll be honest.... The only gripe I've ever had about the guy (Mac5289) is that he seems very reluctant to change when it comes to SCT....

I'm sorry, but although I grossly favor SCT over NICE, SCT isn't perfect as it is.... and reading a lot of his posts, that's the vibe he gives off....

The main reason nice (ex long island bus) extends to westward is for the connection to the subways (same way beeline does the same) since theory having people coming from the subways then the ridership is enhanced and revenue is received

Beeline also has that law to not drop off passengers in the Bronx or pick up in Bx...if you boarded in the Bronx your logic destination and next stop would be in jurisdiction of Westchester county. ..only the BL 60/61/62 have the distinction of dropping off in the Bronx or pick up wholly in Bronx since no other BX route serve Boston Road from Gun Hill Road to Fordham so is evident that the law of NOT dropping/ pickup in Bronx is immuned to these Beeline routes. ..also BL 45 you can drop off in Bronx by the Bartow Mansion since it is the Only bus that passes there as well the one block residential above Pelham Bay park

In Nassau the N31/32/33 are immuned to the law of not dropping off in queens (as well as pick up in queens going westward)

In many bus agencies in the area the visitor bus company forthe most part makes only one stop outside it's jurisdiction to another jurisdiction ...exceptions cam be

* CT Transit Stamford I-Bus makes twice its bus stops in NY than in Connecticut

* Tappanzee Express of TOR makes several stops in New York with a stop in Tarrytown and 4 in White Plains

* NICE #79 makes 10-12 stops in Suffolk County and #72 20+ stops in aforementioned county making this route almost bicounty and thus enhancing the naming of NICE (Nassau Inter County Express) ...also both routes aren't closed doors. ..additionally the n70 makes 4 stops in Suffolk County

* PVTA G5 makes 3 stops in Connecticut (one south of the MA-CT border one in Holiday INn and lastly in its southern terminus Mass Mutual)

*FRTA #31 and 33 makes several stops outside Franklin County as it enters toward UMASS Amherst and Northampton

*CT Transit #41 of Stamford overlaps Norwalk Transit coverage area as it goes towards Wheels Hub...additionally the GBT #2 (Coastal Link) overlaps Norwalk Transit and Milford Transit as it goes to both terminals

*CT-N: J route makes several stops in Waterbury area

* 9TT estuary Transit Old Saybrook New London line overlaps SEAT coverage for several stops until reaches the Amtrak ferry station

* HART of Danbury 7 link overlaps Norwalk Transit for several stops

* BL 16. Makes several stops in Putnam County as it reaches Mahopac Village Centre

* Vermont's CR Transit makes several stops in New Hampshire jurisdiction

All other lines and companies not mention only make one stop outside its jurisdiction so in conclusion the s20/33 should terminate in Sunrise mall since it is only one stop outside Suffolk county

Also the n19 should be revived since it is an historical route and truncating it is simply absurd

All other lines and companies not mention only make one stop outside its jurisdiction so in conclusion the s20/33 should terminate in Sunrise mall since it is only one stop outside Suffolk county

Also the n19 should be revived since it is an historical route and truncating it is simply absurd

Just because its a "historical" routing doesn't mean it has to be brought back. You might think it's absurd, but there wasn't enough people for NICE to continue operating the section (even at hourly headways). Now that the S20 runs on Montauk Highway, the n19 to Babylon will not return, and it's extremely unlikely that it will return. You might as well start believing that the S20 should run more frequent, but even then, the S20 doesn't have much riders to provide more service. I wasn't too happy with a truncation to Sunrise Mall, or any proposal by any group who has suggested doing that, mainly because there would be no alternative in most cases, or no convenient alternative in that area. I still believe the Montauk Highway segment gets more riders than the S20 on Oak Street. The new routing isn't the same as the old n19, but it is something, and I think you should be thankful that SCT tried doing something about the issue and the lack of connectivity in that area.

Many lines go to these areas outside the county because a significant amount of people from their respective county is going towards that out-of-county destination or corridor. The subway is an easy way to gain riders, since many people use the subway and are going somewhere that includes taking the subway. Malls, shopping centers, and other connective corridors are ideal targets as well.

I know full well that NICE isn't going to do this, but I feel that they should move the n6's stop at Hempstead Turnpike and Franklin Ave/NHP Road from it's current location to before the light in order to improve connections to the n25.

Once again, it's very apparent that selective reading has occurred, and therefore a whole lot of reaction without understanding/comprehension has been needlessly expounded.  Re-read the bleeding original post, and the quoted post to pick up the real points being made.

Thank you.

I'll be honest.... The only gripe I've ever had about the guy (Mac5289) is that he seems very reluctant to change when it comes to SCT....

I'm sorry, but although I grossly favor SCT over NICE, SCT isn't perfect as it is.... and reading a lot of his posts, that's the vibe he gives off....

It's not that I'm reluctant to change, it's that some times change is needed and sometimes change isn't needed. 

Suffolk Taxpayers do not like paying the bill for Bus service, especially when there is a deficit, with one even saying back during one of the fare raises that taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for paying for transit. Someone has to be on the side of the taxpayers not to mention a debate only works if there is someone on both sides not everyone on one side and nobody on the other.

Not to mention that Suffolk Transit always has a deficit, how exactly can anyone advocate expanding service if there is no money to pay for it?

Edited by mac5689

--The SCT S19, S20 should not use Sunrise Mall as a terminal (since it's technically in Nassau County).

A there is no S19, unless a route number was changed.

Second having the S20 stop at Sunrise Mall is totally different then rerouting a route so that you can transport residents of Nassau locally.  Transporting residents within Nassau is Nassau's problem. 

Edited by mac5689

It's not that I'm reluctant to change, it's that some times change is needed and sometimes change isn't needed. 

Suffolk Taxpayers do not like paying the bill for Bus service, especially when there is a deficit, with one even saying back during one of the fare raises that taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for paying for transit. Someone has to be on the side of the taxpayers not to mention a debate only works if there is someone on both sides not everyone on one side and nobody on the other.

Not to mention that Suffolk Transit always has a deficit, how exactly can anyone advocate expanding service if there is no money to pay for it?

From what I've read, Suffolk residents aren't mad about the SCT deficit per se, it's the entire county's deficit.  Just for S&Gs, I looked through the Suffolk budget, and residents have plenty to be irritated about with some of the spending.  The SCT portion of the overall budget is peanuts compared to some of the other "essential services" the county is paying for.  SCT, really, should be specifically funded, not as an arm of the county -- because when the county runs a deficit, SCT runs a deficit, and it gives the anti-bus folks something EASY to point at for cuts.

In that way, SCT will always be the whipping boy.  Having both NICE and SCT be under an MTA regional service umbrella -- while somewhat distasteful -- could mitigate some of the funding problems.  Not saying it would be a cure-all, but it could be a way of improving service, instead of being beholden to whatever county funding whims blow in the wind from year to year.

A there is no S19, unless a route number was changed.

Second having the S20 stop at Sunrise Mall is totally different then rerouting a route so that you can transport residents of Nassau locally.  Transporting residents within Nassau is Nassau's problem. 

OK, so there is no S19, my mistake.  It's whatever other number the "loop" S20 does.

One last illustration:  SMART is tasked to run suburban bus service, and does not run Local within the City of Detroit -- partly because Detroit has a huge conniption fit anytime any "suburban" entity gets involved in their territory.  However, for years, SMART ran Local Service on 2.5 miles of Detroit street (residential, yet offering transfer connections to five DDOT routes).  Technically, Detroit is supposed to allow service on any of their streets, but this one route had been "grandfathered" in, so to speak.

Up until 2011, the route didn't change.  Although it went that 2.5 miles through Detroit, it served the little city of Highland Park -- a payer into the SMART system.  SMART didn't have oodles of customers on that 2.5 mile stretch, but those customers traveled into its suburban part of the route for shopping, jobs, and other things.  Technically, SMART should have done exactly what you advocate: Let Detroit provide service to Detroit residents.  DDOT did try to do it during a small 6 month period of "bus wars" between them and SMART, but -- here's a kicker -- the majority of customers still used SMART, even though DDOT was running the exact same route.

In 2011, with SMART's own "budget crisis" due to the cratering of housing values, they cut back the route to serve only 0.5 mile into the city along John R Rd, and terminated at a DDOT transit center.  A good majority of the reason was the absolute destruction of the neighborhoods the bus traveled through along the other 2 miles -- it wasn't worth it to serve a significantly lower population.  Did it cause a problem for the residents still there?  Yes, sort of, but DDOT routes were basically around 0.5 mile walking distance, so not really a total catastrophe.

SCT would not be stretching itself to incorporate the abandoned NICE N19 Nassau portions which basically connect to Sunrise Mall, especially if only on select trips.  Those Nassau residents could always come to Suffolk and spend their money or get jobs, but I guess that doesn't really matter in your world, right?

Pardon me, while I bang my head on the wall.  About the same as trying to have reasoned conversation in this place sometimes.

From what I've read, Suffolk residents aren't mad about the SCT deficit per se, it's the entire county's deficit. 

There are some that are mad about Suffolk Transit. There was an article online, I forget if it was Newsday or one of the smaller ones, back when there was a fare increase. I forget if was the fare increase that went for the County fund or the fare increase that went for the Sunday Service on the S1, S33, S41, S40, S58, S66 where there were there were a few people who commented about the Taxpayers having to pay for Suffolk Transit and other public transportation.

because when the county runs a deficit, SCT runs a deficit, and it gives the anti-bus folks something EASY to point at for cuts.

Suffolk Transit has always had a budget deficit, even when the County has had a balanced budget. It only gets noticed when the County has a deficit because that's the only time cuts are made or when they have to raise the fares. (All the fare increases, except for the last one for fare increases for Sunday Service were made because there were budget problems with Suffolk Transit at the same time there was a county budget problem or at least thats what everything I've ever found has pointed to.)

SCT would not be stretching itself to incorporate the abandoned NICE N19 Nassau portions which basically connect to Sunrise Mall, especially if only on select trips.  Those Nassau residents could always come to Suffolk and spend their money or get jobs, but I guess that doesn't really matter in your world, right?

Again that's different, but that wasn't what Famous had talked about, it was about senior citizens losing their bus, nothing about where they wanted to go and and another mention of just running it along that section for the riders there could get to the mall. 

Edited by mac5689

There are some that are mad about Suffolk Transit. There was an article online, I forget if it was Newsday or one of the smaller ones, back when there was a fare increase. I forget if was the fare increase that went for the County fund or the fare increase that went for the Sunday Service on the S1, S33, S41, S40, S58, S66 where there were there were a few people who commented about the Taxpayers having to pay for Suffolk Transit and other public transportation.

That's with anything, though. Obviously on an article about public transportation, people are going to be pointing to transportation as a source of taxpayer problems, If it was the departments for education, police, etc being mentioned, I'm sure you would see comments about those services being a problem for taxpayers.

I don't want to derail this thread (as it's about NICE proposals), but I think those following this shouldn't have a problem with it:

SCT, just like NICE, is supposed to be about serving customers -- end of story.  Yet you, Mac, want to make it a pissing party, with your "it's not OUR responsibility" because we're the precious SUFFOLK TA and that's what we should be only concerned about -- SUFFOLK residents only.  This whole discussion revolves around a small, itty bitty corner of service, that NOBODY wants to take charge of.  What is so FARKING HARD about this?  At the end of the day, taxpayers are taxpayers, and bus customers spend their money where SOMEBODY wants to take them to do just that.

This elite BS needs to STOP, and if a service need is there, then somebody who's being fed by the taxpayers to begin with, should pay it some mind.

SCT, as I've said before, is a victim to the county's funding whims, and you've admitted as such with saying that they've been running a deficit.  How in the FARK can they be running a deficit when the COUNTY has been in charge all of this time?  Does the Sheriff run a deficit?  Does the Health Dept run a deficit?  Without some kind of repercussion?  BUT, oh, it's somehow OK for SCT to do that -- which then leads people to be reticent about funding it in the first place.

If you're such a "fan" or follower of SCT and wanting its success, you've let down the side big time.  In England, you'd be called a fair-weather supporter, and be shunned (as it Football -- the REAL kind).  Or in more succinct terms (as the Brits tend to have), a wanker.

I'm done with this whole topic.  EDIT:  And THIS is an example, you Mods, of why contributors give up on this forum.  Pure one-sightedness, and oddly, not one mention of an Express Bus in sight.  But don't worry, I'll still be slinging the shit and putting my 5 cents in, since 2 cents isn't worth a damn any more.

Edited by DetSMART45
  • Upvote 1

I just erased my post directed to Mac, since I just saw this little nugget....

If you're such a "fan" or follower of SCT and wanting its success, you've let down the side big time.  In England, you'd be called a fair-weather supporter, and be shunned (as it Football -- the REAL kind).  Or in more succinct terms (as the Brits tend to have), a wanker.

I wouldn't dub him a fair weather supporter......

But what I will say is, In his support of SCT, he's supporting the stagnancy of SCT..... That's what I find irritating about him for as long as I've known of him across the transit boards.... Expansion doesn't solely constitute change (I like the jump to that extreme btw)..... A change/string of changes could be cost neutral, or even end up saving some money & there would be something wrong with that too...... The lack of an attitude of progression is ultimately what I'm getting at.....

Maybe reluctance was too weak of a word..... Afraid seems to be more like it....

Antiquation <----> Progression.....

^^ Which one bears more weight on a balance scale.... Or SHOULD bear more weight (is more like it) as t = > 0.001 seconds....

You got my answer right there, bolded above.....

I'm also done with this particular side discussion... Also, with the plagiarist who goes out inhaling pines all damn day & bitching about the rich, as well (I'm not even going to respond to the latest dig I've seen that he took at this forum, with his faux, peace wanting ass).....

• Upvote 1

Anyway, this is more of a question than a proposal.....

I've been eavesdropping/overhearing where riders coming off the LIRR @ Mineola are seeking to go, as they're embarking on those all island taxi's..... The result? A LOT of folks needing to head out to the Roslyn/Roslyn Heights area...... Two other popular spots are 830 stewart (garden city post office) & Hofstra.....

Anyone thinks there should be direct bus service connecting Mineola to either/any of those 3 locations?

Just to throw in my two cents about the n19 situation, I personally think the real issue is how lazy NICE was about the manner in which they truncated the route. I actually agree with having the S20 serve Route 110 and Amityville LIRR coming up from Merrick Road, for the connection to the S1 & LIRR. I think it was Burrstone who brought it up initially, but I agree there is a more effective way of serving the Sunrise Mall. than the current route up Unqua. You don't have to get every last passenger, but demand-wise, I think there was a need for service up to the county line.

Anyway, this is more of a question than a proposal.....

I've been eavesdropping/overhearing where riders coming off the LIRR @ Mineola are seeking to go, as they're embarking on those all island taxi's..... The result? A LOT of folks needing to head out to the Roslyn/Roslyn Heights area...... Two other popular spots are 830 stewart (garden city post office) & Hofstra.....

Anyone thinks there should be direct bus service connecting Mineola to either/any of those 3 locations?

Roslyn/Roslyn Heights is more-or-less served by the n23 (not to mention the OB Branch), so I'll say no to that, but I do think the route could use improved frequencies. I think that might help tap into some of that latent ridership.

Hofstra & 830 Stewart, I think that's basically covered by those n24 trips during rush hour (and I think Hofstra has a shuttle too). The only thing I could think of would be an extension of the n43, so you give Uniondale direct access to Mineola. Maybe run a few more n24s until like 9:00 or 9:30. (I don't want to screw over Hicksville riders during that timeframe, so they could be shuttle trips from Mineola to East Meadow). 

SCT is not as rich as NICE is however the directives committee are more humble and considerate than NICE

I mean why in the world would you rebrand Long Island Bus as N.I.C.E if they're not so nice to begin with. ..

Suffolk Transit is a Baby company next to NICE. .and thus far its services are more scarcely than NICE. ..inSuffolk the last run is at 9:00pm (9:30 s40 s1) and no bus runs afterwards and no bus runs 24/7 since this county isn't colindated to NYC and hence to Jamaica a MAJOR ttransfer point. ..SCT does all its best to benefit Suffolk County Residents which scarce a motor vehicle even the exclusively Hampton have bus service (s90 s92 10a,b,c,d) ...why hate on ST if they have done a lot for us

To my point of view the possibly of a 7:50pm s66 to Patchogue is at much more possible than reviving the n19 pass Sunrise mall or the n2/8 n46 n73 n81 which are the most used eliminated routes not revived

NICE is more disoriented than SCT in just saying

I have my own opinion on why contributors maybe giving up on this forum, but I won't say it not only because of not wanting to derail the thread any father then it has, but because I'll some how be painted as 'I'm in the wrong' about them too.

But like all of you I'm done with this side discussion. 

But what I will say is, In his support of SCT, he's supporting the stagnancy of SCT..... That's what I find irritating about him for as long as I've known of him across the transit boards.... 

I've always and will be a supporter for fiscal responsibility, I'm even sure that I've said that I'm open to change as long as it can be fiscally done.  (In my opinion it seems like I support stagnancy because people tend to brush aside my comments about fiscal responsibility, again just my opinion.) 

Edited by mac5689

SCT is not as rich as NICE is however the directives committee are more humble and considerate than NICE

I mean why in the world would you rebrand Long Island Bus as N.I.C.E if they're not so nice to begin with. ..

Suffolk Transit is a Baby company next to NICE. .and thus far its services are more scarcely than NICE. ..inSuffolk the last run is at 9:00pm (9:30 s40 s1) and no bus runs afterwards and no bus runs 24/7 since this county isn't colindated to NYC and hence to Jamaica a MAJOR ttransfer point. ..SCT does all its best to benefit Suffolk County Residents which scarce a motor vehicle even the exclusively Hampton have bus service (s90 s92 10a,b,c,d) ...why hate on ST if they have done a lot for us

To my point of view the possibly of a 7:50pm s66 to Patchogue is at much more possible than reviving the n19 pass Sunrise mall or the n2/8 n46 n73 n81 which are the most used eliminated routes not revived

NICE is more disoriented than SCT in just saying

What hating of SCT was going on in that discussion??

Roslyn/Roslyn Heights is more-or-less served by the n23 (not to mention the OB Branch), so I'll say no to that, but I do think the route could use improved frequencies. I think that might help tap into some of that latent ridership.

Hofstra & 830 Stewart, I think that's basically covered by those n24 trips during rush hour (and I think Hofstra has a shuttle too). The only thing I could think of would be an extension of the n43, so you give Uniondale direct access to Mineola. Maybe run a few more n24s until like 9:00 or 9:30. (I don't want to screw over Hicksville riders during that timeframe, so they could be shuttle trips from Mineola to East Meadow). 

The n23 has its riders, but it would easily get more riders if it ran on Roslyn Rd..... Problem is, something has to serve Willis.... This is where I believe the n23 loses out (in terms of frequency).....

As far as the n24 Reckson bldg trips, those things are an afterthought, always have been.... They virtually carry air after RFM... Not a solution AFAIC.

If the n43 wasn't the workhorse that it was, you could probably get away with sending it to Mineola..... IMO, Stewart b/w Franklin & NCC (well, endo drive technically) needs a bus route - there's too much service to HTC from that area.....

Funny thing about LIRR Hempstead is that you tend to see more people seeking taxi's (or walking to their destination) from off the LIRR than folks taking the train to the bus.... At HTC, it's a swathe of people making bus to bus connections all over the place (which is by design, which some of which is rather unnecessary).... But my main point regarding the initial inquiry is, it's a PITA to get to the main line from that pocket of the Nassau Hub....

side note: I wanted to make a thread out of this, but since it involves malls across the tri-state area, I don't know where the hell I would start it in... So I'll just make a statement to say, RFM has got to be the most cumbersome mall for buses to get in & out if.... I'm not even talking about having to deal with traffic when it's packed, I'm talking about the path to get in & out of it....

I've always and will be a supporter for fiscal responsibility, I'm even sure that I've said that I'm open to change as long as it can be fiscally done.
(In my opinion it seems like I support stagnancy because people tend to brush aside my comments about fiscal responsibility, again just my opinion.) 

I definitely missed when you said that... I'll cut you some slack then.

Ugh...Hempstead Bus Terminal. Aside from the general environment over there, I can't stand the layout of that place. I know the bus bays were intended to be more efficient with the space and everything, but it's so time-consuming to back in and out of them. And then if you're on a bus and you see your connecting bus pulling away, it just rubs it in your face that much more. I mean, with the infrequency of most of the Nassau routes, you could probably get away with having buses just share lanes at the stop, instead of every bus having to pull into precisely the right lane. (And if any route has long layovers, you can have an area to park the buses, which I believe they have anyway IIRC)

Like for example, at the ETC out here, you have the eastbound S55/56/74 at one stop, the southbound S55/56/59/74/79/84/89 at another stop, and the northbound S59/79/89 at a third stop. (And then all the express buses). You're not going to have all the buses using the stop at any given time. Granted HTC has more routes terminating and laying over there, but I think it could still work.

I actually think the RFM stop is laid out better than the HTC (at least buses don't have to back in and out, and you can use both doors lol), but I see where you're coming from on that. 

It's funny that I've been thinking "It would be nice if there was a route that used Stewart to get to the RFM to avoid the traffic on Old Country Road, but the people in Garden City would probably throw a fit". Then I realized that the n15/35 run through that area anyway (not to mention the n40/41). But yeah, that actually makes sense: All the buses in that part of Nassau Hub (and Garden City) head towards Hempstead, and nothing heads towards Mineola.

Also, thinking again, I'm not sure if my assumption about Stewart being less congested than OCR is even necessarily correct.

What do you think about an n23 extension down Franklin-Stewart, and then divert to the RFM before terminating at NCC?

And what makes Roslyn Road get more ridership than Willis? The few times I rode the n27, I was surprised by the amount of ridership it got from that portion (which wasn't much, but I was expecting little to no ridership). I haven't rode the n23 south of Roslyn, so I can't comment on it. 

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Yes, I know.... and you didn't post that LIBRU notice along the overpass at LIRR Mineola....

Now shoo....

I didn't. Only on elevators, and maybe wind blew it onto overpass.

By your way of thinking, these changes should be made:

--The NICE N20, N21 should drop at Little Neck, and customers should transfer to the Q12 for Flushing service;

--The NICE N22, N22A, N26 should drop at Hillside Av/268 St, and customers should transfer to the Q43 for Jamaica;

--The NICE N24 should really drop at Jamaica Av/256 St for customers to transfer to the Q36, but it could be possible to run it down to LIRR Queens Village (under the guise of serving LIRR customers, though it's pretty pointless, but mades good P.R.), as that would be a better dumping of customers onto more lines;

--The NICE N1, N6 should drop at the Q2, Q110 Hempstead Av terminals, with transfers to Jamaica;

--The NICE N4, N4X should drop somewhere on Hook Creek Blvd for transfers to the Q5, continue to Conduit and drop for the Q85 (both locations for customers to go to Jamaica, and for Q5, Q85 customers to transfer to Green Acres Mall), which means the MTA should drop all customers at Conduit Av/Hook Creek Blvd with no service to Green Acres;

--The NICE N31, N32, N33 should end at the Nassau border, with no service to Far Rockaway.  The Q111, Q113, Q114 can still route through Nassau, since the MTA is a bigger agency and can handle the extra bit of funding necessary for those services (since NICE has so many money problems);

That wouldn't happen.

n1, n4/4X, n6/6X, n20G, n22/A/X, n26 connect to subways, so does n31/32.

n31/32 is only open door in Far Rockaway.

n33 is open door in Far Rockaway because there's some part of Far Rockaway corridor not served by Q113, Q114 or Q22.

There's no S19. It's n19 and n19 and S20 needs to stay connect.

Just to throw in my two cents about the n19 situation, I personally think the real issue is how lazy NICE was about the manner in which they truncated the route. I actually agree with having the S20 serve Route 110 and Amityville LIRR coming up from Merrick Road, for the connection to the S1 & LIRR. I think it was Burrstone who brought it up initially, but I agree there is a more effective way of serving the Sunrise Mall. than the current route up Unqua. You don't have to get every last passenger, but demand-wise, I think there was a need for service up to the county line.

n19 still uses Uqua Rd.

S20 doesn't use Carmen Mill Rd and senior residents there lost their bus service. According to facebook poster, some senior residents and disable residents who has walker or cane cannot walk and trap in their home, that's why I suggested S20 reroute to Carmen Mill Rd than NYS 110 because senior residents.

n19 still uses Uqua Rd.

S20 doesn't use Carmen Mill Rd and senior residents there lost their bus service. According to facebook poster, some senior residents and disable residents who has walker or cane cannot walk and trap in their home, that's why I suggested S20 reroute to Carmen Mill Rd than NYS 110 because senior residents.

So what about seniors living along Route 110 then, who benefitted from the new service? They don't count now?

If you ran it on Merrick Road up to County Line Road or NYS 110, it would still be in the general area of where these senior citizens live. This is a bus service, not a taxi service or Able-Ride.

Have the n54 pass through that specific area (every two hours) and situación fixed since it heads towards Amityville and belongs toNassau y

Have the n54 pass through that specific area (every two hours) and situación fixed since it heads towards Amityville and belongs toNassau y

Why bother, though? Like I said, you have the bus stop at everybody's front door. That's what taxis and Able-Ride are for.

n6: Express service should go back to running between HTC and Jamaica Bus Terminal.

n16x: I would bring back the n16x and have it run between Roosevelt Field and Rockville Center, plus have it serve Mercy Medical Center via the old n17 routing. The n15x sounds good, but I hesitate to have it skip Lakeview and W.Hempstead to serve Rockville Center. The n16 is actually much closer to Mercy than the 15. n16x will make the following stops: Park Avenue and Merrick Road (RVC only), Rockville Center LIRR, Mercy Medical Center, S.Franklin and Graham, Franklin and Fulton, HTC, 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd, NCC Student Union, Bradley Hall and Bookstore (it will skip Parking lot 3 and use Selfridge to reach Stewart Ave), Quentin Roosevelt Blvd/South St, and Roosevelt Field.

n20: Have the route run full length from Flushing Main Street Station to C.W. Post. The n20 should make stops in Great Neck Station, but skip the Clock Tower in Roslyn. When classes aren't in session, the n20 will stop outside of both NYIT and C.W. Post.

n21: Full length from Flushing Main Street to Glen Clove, In contrast to the n20, the n21 will skip Great Neck LIRR and stop at the clock Tower in Roslyn.

n48/49: Eliminate the Jericho Quad shuttle and have the n48/n49 serve that location at full length.

n70/71/72: I'm still not sure what to do with this one. If Sunrise Mall doesn't improve, the n71's terminal should be moved over to Amityville LIRR by following the n54/55, or use Rt.110 and Oak Street to reach Amityville, eliminating service on Carmans Road. The only other option for the n71 is to eliminate it completely and enhance the n72.

The n71 isquite a transitable route it would be in vain to scratch it just like that

The n48/49 should be extended to Oyster Bay and Syosset Respectively. ..after Hicksville have it access the Quad as a loop and afterwards separate to head towards Oyster Bay and Syosset

The n20 should revert to its original route. ..they should pace it up more in queens especially in the narrow Sanford avenue