Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

who the hell will use N24 to walt whitman? There is a reason why N79 was truncated that extension is STUPID AND OUT OF ONES ASS

You're one to talk. Your proposals are outrageous. Mine is reasonable. Do us all a favor and stay in Brooklyn.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VWM a question? Have you been on NiCE/LI Bus at all before? Another teen who seems to think this is NYC lol.

Why not just have either the one of the branches of the N70/71/72 just run hourly between Hempstead Transit Center and Levitown Route 106 or Route 107? Your shuttle are too complex. Plus Nassau Cols. will be closing by 2015 and unless a new arena is bulit, it be a ghost town.

Um, he lives on LI, I think he would have ridden NICE. Also, this is also just a question, do you ever think that these "questions" may seem condescending to us? Just asking.

n2/n8: Revise:

Begin at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, via Union Turnpike, Little Neck Parkway, onto Tulip Av, onto Meecham Av, regular n2/n8 loop via Green Acres Mall to Dutch Broadway/Fletcher Av, then north on Franklin Av-New Hyde Park Rd to Hempstead Turnpike, then n2/n8 via Convent Av, onto Tulip Av, onto Little Neck Parkway to Union Turnpike to Long Island Jewish Medical Center.

Open Door on Little Neck Parkway

n93: Revise, extend loop to serve Mineola, Roslyn Clock Tower.

http://goo.gl/maps/pUIwP

You're one to talk. Your proposals are outrageous. Mine is reasonable. Do us all a favor and stay in Brooklyn.

You are on some interesting stuff to think N24 to WWM is reasonable My god ppl will laugh at you for suggesting something so retarted what's next N6 to babylon? N4 to babylon makes so much sense if it did then MTA would have done it when I suggested it years ago. You need to just stop you come up with crap like this and you have the NERVE TO SAY I AM OUTRAGEOUS open your eyes!!!!! If you don't have anything better don't even waste my bloddy time

N2: Keep it as a Floral Park-Green Acres loop that only runs in the morning and the evening.

N6x: Now makes stops at Elmont Road and Franklin Ave/New Hyde Park Road.

N8: This idea has been proposed several times, extend it to the Hempstead Transit Center. The new n8 will run every 30 minutes in the weekdays, and 45 minutes in the weekends.

N24: Scaled back to Roosevelt Field. For service to Hicksville, please take the n22.

N78 and N79: Extend it to Roosevelt Field via Old Country Road.

Err N6x at elmont not according to the june schedule unless it changed AGAIN.

No, that's the opposite of OK, especially on the frequencies the N24 has. One screwup and that 1 hour wait could become 90 minutes easily. People were leery about extending the route to Hicksville because of the reliability issues, so obviously extending it to the WWM wouldn't work.

Except that I mentioned the N94, not the N95.

LOL. Now we know what that status update was about.

You I admit are reasonable and presend good criticism Now I will ignore gibberish from some ppl cause it's obvious they are clueless and waste my time. I have access to real critics I don't need to waste time with boys no offence to you and others I respect here

N2: Keep it as a Floral Park-Green Acres loop that only runs in the morning and the evening.

N6x: Now makes stops at Elmont Road and Franklin Ave/New Hyde Park Road.

N8: This idea has been proposed several times, extend it to the Hempstead Transit Center. The new n8 will run every 30 minutes in the weekdays, and 45 minutes in the weekends.

N24: Scaled back to Roosevelt Field. For service to Hicksville, please take the n22.

N78 and N79: Extend it to Roosevelt Field via Old Country Road.

LAST 2 make alot of senseN8/2 I admit works unfortunately ppl gotten used to the N6X those extra stopps are no longer needed maybe new hyde park ave but for elmont just use N1

Well, as much as I hated the original idea of the n24 going to Hicksville, but looks like it's working for the folks on Old Country Road, and if the n78/79 is so remote in some senses, I'd say go for it for a n24 to WWM, however, maybe a n24L/X could work to serve as aids to the already long route. Maybe the n78/79 could still exist instead of a n24L/X but have the n79 alternate with the n24 and have the n79 return to Mineola in every other bus style and the n78 do the same during peak hours.

The Pattern [off-peak]:

n24 WWM (JAM Westbound).

n24 RFM (JAM W/B) / n79 WWM (Mineola W/B).

n24 WWM (").

n24 RFM (") / n79 WWM ("),

n24 WWM (").

The Pattern [peak]:

n24 WWM.

n24 RFM / n79 WWM (Mineola W/B).

n24 RFM / n78 Plainview (Mineola W/B).

n24 WWM.

n24 RFM / n79 WWM (").

n24 RFM / n78 Plainview (").

n24 WWM.

Well, as much as I hated the original idea of the n24 going to Hicksville, but looks like it's working for the folks on Old Country Road, and if the n78/79 is so remote in some senses, I'd say go for it for a n24 to WWM, however, maybe a n24L/X could work to serve as aids to the already long route. Maybe the n78/79 could still exist instead of a n24L/X but have the n79 alternate with the n24 and have the n79 return to Mineola in every other bus style and the n78 do the same during peak hours.

The Pattern [off-peak]:

n24 WWM (JAM Westbound).

n24 RFM (JAM W/B) / n79 WWM (Mineola W/B).

n24 WWM (").

n24 RFM (") / n79 WWM ("),

n24 WWM (").

The Pattern [peak]:

n24 WWM.

n24 RFM / n79 WWM (Mineola W/B).

n24 RFM / n78 Plainview (Mineola W/B).

n24 WWM.

n24 RFM / n79 WWM (").

n24 RFM / n78 Plainview (").

n24 WWM.

you can't be serious do you have any idea how long the line would be?if your gonna create an X let only X trips go past hicksville or extend N79 somewhere and do not touch N24. N79 should just extend to the nassau hub area via roosevelt field N24 should never ever go past hicksville.

you can't be serious do you have any idea how long the line would be?if your gonna create an X let only X trips go past hicksville or extend N79 somewhere and do not touch N24. N79 should just extend to the nassau hub area via roosevelt field N24 should never ever go past hicksville.

How about this:

The n24 runs to Hicksville on one hour headways, current headways west of Roosevelt Field remain.

The n79 runs to Hicksville at all times

The n78 trips turn into short turn n79 buses to WWM-Hicksville. The 24 and 79 running on OCR on the same time is a plus, good bye

How about this:

The n24 runs to Hicksville on one hour headways, current headways west of Roosevelt Field remain.

The n79 runs to Hicksville at all times

The n78 trips turn into short turn n79 buses to WWM-Hicksville. The 24 and 79 running on OCR on the same time is a plus, good bye

If the N24 & N79 both terminate at Hicksville, how are they both running on OCR? :huh:

If it up to me, I'll reinstalle n22 LTD to reduce few bus stops.

n22 LTD will make major transfer stops along Hillside Av until Willis Av, where it runs on regular N22 LTD will make local stops to Hicksville Station similar to Q43 LTD.

As in result, increase n22x EXP should be peak direction both ways during rush hour like n6x.

More n22 local and n22a.

Weekdays only.

I'll also introduce n24 LTD which makes similar Q36 LTD stops to City Line, then make transfer point until Roosevelt Field Mall with local stops to Hicksville. I'll have all n24 East Meadow trips added and operate as local.

Weekdays only.

I also extend n20 Roslyn short trip to turn around at Glen Clove Rd for n27 connection, so former n21 passenger does not have to worry about missing their n27 connection.

I also add last n21 trip in evening going from Flushing to Glen Clove, because last Hicksville bus might be tricky making up to n27 bus.

https://maps.google....126211,0.261955

More stuff

the n17 is more or less fantasy

the n29 is also more or less

i stole the n28 from threxx.

N7: You're better off sending the N7 to the Jamaica Center just like the N4. A bus that doesn't go to Jamaica would be a risky choice and a tough sell since there's a lack of connection to other routes.

N17: Just like Mineola idea, you have to increase the headways of the route in order for it to be useful. People would take the N31 or N32 because they're way more frequent than the current N17. Even if the headways were increased, I still don't see this route working. Peninsula Blvd is one of those streets that don't really need bus service.

N7: You're better off sending the N7 to the Jamaica Center just like the N4. A bus that doesn't go to Jamaica would be a risky choice and a tough sell since there's a lack of connection to other routes.

The N7 is my idea of connecting people with the (A). This gives riders access to most of Brooklyn and stuff. If I sent is to Jamaica, it would just be an N4 short turn.

The N17 was more or less fantasy... So no comments

https://maps.google....126211,0.261955

More stuff

the n17 is more or less fantasy

the n29 is also more or less

i stole the n28 from threxx.

Clearly you have not mastered LI at all the only ones that are high proirity is N77 N28 and N59 ohh FYI I already sent something exactly like N59 and N17 to NICE months ago. N7 and N29 are completely useless N29 will get shunned for the faster LIRR which N29 completely duplicates unlike N6 which will continue to get used. N7 is just a variant of N4. Also the unique part of N29 is better off merged with N43. From RFM onward. N19A is redundant to the LIRR. Most ppl use the LIRR for local trips within nassau Plus N19 cheats with the stupidly convenient transfers those who want speed will use LIRR or transfer to LIRR.

I already made my point which was why I stopped posting in NICE forums earlier I rather just speak to NICE and some officials directly

If you noticed...

N17/29 were stated as fantasy. 100% complete foam. We all do it sometimes.

The N7 actually is not completely useless as it gives people access to many parts of Brooklyn w/o backtracking via LIRR, instead via the (A) train.

As for the N19A, it's not LIRR-copying because it actually a distance away from it and serves a very main road (Sunrise Hwy) past SRM and uses Merrick Road before it

If you noticed...

N17/29 were stated as fantasy. 100% complete foam. We all do it sometimes.

The N7 actually is not completely useless as it gives people access to many parts of Brooklyn w/o backtracking via LIRR, instead via the (A) train.

As for the N19A, it's not LIRR-copying because it actually a distance away from it and serves a very main road (Sunrise Hwy) past SRM and uses Merrick Road before it

Wrong LIRR doesn't make you backtrack as many trains at rosedale and valley stream do stop in brooklyn. Plus Q112 can do that heck even Q41 that is now faster than ever. N19A is useless cause N19 links to LIRR and LIRR is just as fast to babylon your forgetting sunrise hwy is a highway on that section.

Ohh you do realize N7 is better off as an MTA queens route as it barely serves Nassau. So fail Not practical as a NICE route anyway

I already made my point which was why I stopped posting in NICE forums earlier I rather just speak to NICE and some officials directly

You're clearly posting in NICE now. Maybe you should stop posting in these forums altogether. I read your proposals and they're insane and unreal.

Archived