Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

No buses including the n19 should be using Sunrise Hwy to get into Sunrise Mall, the buses should CROSS Sunrise HWY and never be ON sunrise HWY, it's just a waste of time.

especially with LIRR there it would not only duplicate the LIRR but due to that nobody will use it that is what LIRR is for. The only segment of sunrise needing buses is west of rockville centre as LIRR babylon trains all skip valley stream and most skip lynbrook way too many trains skip lynbrook for the LIRR to be an effective way for local travel west of rockville centre. LIRR is also 24/7 on babylon so frequency wise the bus will be unable to compete.

I would extend N16 to green acres via sunrise and see if saturday ridership picks up if not then o well I tried bye bye weekend service. Of course N16's schedule will be adjusted to meet LIRR trains at rockville centre to allow easier transfers.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized, from the 2000-2002 Orion V batch there's 96(plus the 11 scrapped early for parts) that gives you 107 buses that would be retired, nice only ordered 45 3Gs tho. So... i guess they are only retiring the ones from 2000?

even though alone the current ones from 2000 up for retirement are 66 units.

OrionVII3Gniceoption1.png

I just realized, from the 2000-2002 Orion V batch there's 96(plus the 11 scrapped early for parts) that gives you 107 buses that would be retired, nice only ordered 45 3Gs tho. So... i guess they are only retiring the ones from 2000?

even though alone the current ones from 2000 up for retirement are 66 units.

OrionVII3Gniceoption1.png

*sniff* that bus looks so beautiful.

Anyway, in answer in your post, the earliest of the Vs that are left will be auctioned off just like the other buses. There will be about half the Vs left when these 3Gs are all delivered and in service. Who knows, some of the early Vs may still be running well and the auction may pay off for people.

All n20 Roslyn should be extended to Greenvale, so former n21 riders wouldn't have to worry about n27 Glen Clove connection.

I remember I suggested that a year ago when it would be easier to get to RF from northern Queens. Now, that doesn't seem like a bad idea, but it might not be cost effecfive.

2003-2004 1633-1699 is suppose to be around through 2016(Hopefully)

The 3G's are suppose to replace buses that are 500,000 miles and more per Mangano.

1526-1632 units. I wonder if Veolia started to re-certify the tanks on 1633-1699 yet.

The N4 should be extended to Jamaica LIRR. That way, when the Bablyon line is jacked up, they can take the N4 as an alternative.

N4 -> (E)

anyway... people can walk

It's not a very long walk unless the weather is miserable, you could also take the subway i stop to last stop and you'll just about be at the bus stop...

Already suggested it to NICE after making changes to my proposal.

You actually send these proposals to NICE? Out of curiosity how does NICE respond to these proposals you send them? Just wondering considering they pay analysts who does this....

My Proposal is to combine the n36 and n62 south freeport industrial loop only into one route, the n36. Here is the schedule.

NOTE: The reason the short-turns are there is to balance out the levels of trips to South Freeport and end at ARHC, then go back to the freeport station

Schedule:http://scaped.net/bus/n36

Here is the bus map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004cb6e9c351c2b7c4d4

It's not a very long walk unless the weather is miserable, you could also take the subway i stop to last stop and you'll just about be at the bus stop...

You actually send these proposals to NICE? Out of curiosity how does NICE respond to these proposals you send them? Just wondering considering they pay analysts who does this....

Interesting I will send them the updated one but I am busy with school and other things. As you can see by my avatar NICE is not the top of my list for proposals to work on so it is not complete yet anyway it will link with parts of NYC one however the NYC one is not as cost efficient seeking as the LI one and it needs more funding for part 2 to work and link with NICE indirectly.

My Proposal is to combine the n36 and n62 south freeport industrial loop only into one route, the n36. Here is the schedule.

NOTE: The reason the short-turns are there is to balance out the levels of trips to South Freeport and end at ARHC, then go back to the freeport station

Schedule:http://scaped.net/bus/n36

Here is the bus map

https://maps.google....6e9c351c2b7c4d4

That sounds like a good idea. To cover the other part of South Freeport, I think some N40/41/43 buses could be extended down that way. B35 mentioned a while back that a dollar van running between South Freeport & Hempstead might do alright, so if one of those routes were extended, it would probably work. Maybe the N40 could cover one branch, and the N41 could cover the other (referring to Guy Lombardo Blvd or Bayview Avenue)

Interesting I will send them the updated one but I am busy with school and other things. As you can see by my avatar NICE is not the top of my list for proposals to work on so it is not complete yet

No, I cannot see that from your avatar...

Interesting I will send them the updated one but I am busy with school and other things. As you can see by my avatar NICE is not the top of my list for proposals to work on so it is not complete yetanyway it will link with parts of NYC one however the NYC one is not as cost efficient seeking as the LI one and it needs more funding for part 2 to work and link with NICE indirectly.

So you send proposals to multiple agencies? I am really intrigued by this and their response to you...? (Not to be meant as a slam) what do you feel you will get out of these proposals? Helping the community? Thinking they might say "hey, he has some good idea's..." and offer you an open door (job)? When you send in these requests do you think they will take you seriously or dismiss you?

That sounds like a good idea. To cover the other part of South Freeport, I think some N40/41/43 buses could be extended down that way. B35 mentioned a while back that a dollar van running between South Freeport & Hempstead might do alright, so if one of those routes were extended, it would probably work. Maybe the N40 could cover one branch, and the N41 could cover the other (referring to Guy Lombardo Blvd or Bayview Avenue)

That can also work. Besides I know that people don't want to loop around the entire route. And get there the quickest way.

I like your idea, Q23. If this were to take place obviously the other n62 branch would most likely also be combined or eliminated.

Another variation of this plan could be to completely eliminate the n62,but send the n40 every other trip to AHRC and the n41 every other trip to S. Freeport

A mock schedulle would look something like this...

N40 Freeport

N41 S. Freeport

N40 AHRC

N41 Freeport

N40 Freeport

... etc

I like your idea, Q23. If this were to take place obviously the other n62 branch would most likely also be combined or eliminated.

Another variation of this plan could be to completely eliminate the n62,but send the n40 every other trip to AHRC and the n41 every other trip to S. Freeport

A mock schedulle would look something like this...

N40 Freeport

N41 S. Freeport

N40 AHRC

N41 Freeport

N40 Freeport

... etc

If the n40 were to replace the n62 South Freeport Branch it would have to leave ARHC at the same time it arrives or the minute later, based on the current set-up of the n62 South Freeport Loop. I did the n36 because it's not a long route and because it's one of those low ridrship routes, and parallels the n62 SF for most of the (n62) route. Even though serving ARHC may not get much ridership, it's better than having two routes paralleling themsleves ( in this case only that loop is different then the n36 routing on the n62SF). The n40/n41 also gets pretty much decent ridership also, so that can replace the n62 GL. Maybe the n40 can serve Guy Lombardo Avenue, and the n41 serve Bayview Avenue and get rid of the n62 GL. In all maybe one extra run would be needed on the n40 and one extra run on the n36 and 41 as well.The goal of my plan to sum it up, is basically to reduce duplicative segments that are not needed, to save money, to do the same amount of services with less resources and for the n36 to have more ridership, even though ridership wont go up by much.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I cannot see that from your avatar...

So you send proposals to multiple agencies? I am really intrigued by this and their response to you...? (Not to be meant as a slam) what do you feel you will get out of these proposals? Helping the community? Thinking they might say "hey, he has some good idea's..." and offer you an open door (job)? When you send in these requests do you think they will take you seriously or dismiss you?

I ask questions I ask consultants and other transit buffs before making a move I am VERY CAUTIOUS. So I did not send to multiple agencies yet cause I don't think that is the right way. I want my batchelors or masters degree first before I feel comfortable doing so.

I would try and speak with sometimes the mayor of a town for example great neck first. Again I am a bit shy towards transit agencies directly as I was warned about the limits so I am instead trying to finish my degree first then learn how consultants get stuff done and how things work. So I am looking for intern positions at consulting firms. So I can get credentials the ones I currently lack as you can see.

If the n40 were to replace the n62 South Freeport Branch it would have to leave ARHC at the same time it arrives or the minute later, based on the current set-up of the n62 South Freeport Loop. I did the n36 because it's not a long route and because it's one of those low ridrship routes, and parallels the n62 SF for most of the (n62) route. Even though serving ARHC may not get much ridership, it's better than having two routes paralleling themsleves ( in this case only that loop is different then the n36 routing on the n62SF). The n40/n41 also gets pretty much decent ridership also, so that can replace the n62 GL. Maybe the n40 can serve Guy Lombardo Avenue, and the n41 serve Bayview Avenue and get rid of the n62 GL. In all maybe one extra run would be needed on the n40 and one extra run on the n36 and 41 as well.The goal of my plan to sum it up, is basically to reduce duplicative segments that are not needed, to save money, to do the same amount of services with less resources and for the n36 to have more ridership, even though ridership wont go up by much.

I suggested this to NICE but I will get back to it later

• 1 month later...

From recommendation section on official NICE Bus facebox, there's personFrederick Wells has crazy recommendations that doesn't make any sense.

The four routes that NICE Bus should operate into the Bronx via Throgs Neck Bridge are as follows; 1. N21 from Glen Cove to Dyre Avenue Station (routing via Northern Blvd [same as N20] with changing at Bell Blvd to 35th Avenue, then 35th

Avenue to Corporal Kennedy Street, then via Corporal Kennedy Street to 26th Avenue and enter the Clearview Expressway to cross the Throgs Neck Bridge. 2. N26 from Lake Success, LIJ to Dyre Avenue Station (Jamaica service discontinued, same routing in Queens and the Bronx as the N21). ... 3. N28 (reinstated and extended) from Roosevelt Field to Dyre Avenue Station (routing via N27 between Roosevelt Field Mall and Roslyn LIRR Station, then via N23 to Northern Blvd and Middle Neck Road, then same as N21 routing to Dyre Avenue). 4. N58 (extension) from Great Neck to Dyre Avenue Station (routing same as N21). Every route to operate every 20 minutes during Rush Hours, and every 30 minutes during Middays, Evenings and Weekends. Service between 4 AM and 1 AM on Weekdays and between 5 AM and 1 AM on Weekends.

Please note this is someone's idea.

I even map out crazy NICE scenario more organized.

http://goo.gl/maps/A0wWn

Archived