Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
B3 Via Av U

Poll: How do you pronounce Orion?

I used to pronounce it the 2nd option, until I realized that the first option was the correct way to pronounce it (think of the "orion" in the stars)

I used to pronounce it the 2nd option, until I realized that the first option was the correct way to pronounce it (think of the "orion" in the stars)

Okay from now on I'm using option 1!

Option 2, then Option1. I used to pronounce Orion like an Oreo or like the Oriental Express, but then I realized it was Orion like the constellation.

Edited by GojiMet86

option numero uno.....

Orion bus industries (I think they're called Orion int'l now) as in Orion's belt (the constellation).....

I used to use #2 back in the early 1980s when I first learned of their buses, but I learned that it was #1 a few years later well before NYCTA made their first purchase..

I know you pronounce it the same way as the constellation LOL.

How do I pronouce it? Or-ee-on.

How his it supposed to be pronouced? Or-eye-on (as everybody said, like Orion's belt).

On a side note, it kind of reminds me of the word "onion".

I used to think both the bus and the constellation were "or-ee-on" until I heard it pronounced the other way enough times. (I still think "houston" like the city, for the street, rather than "house-ton". I had read maps for so many years without hearing it pronounced, the city pronunciation was thoroughly ingrained, and the other way is just plain awkward).

• Upvote 1