Question about riding the express bus

VWM

So only PPR MetroCards can be used on the BxM4C and not Unlimited Express Bus Plus cards? If that is the case then yes, MetroNorth could be cheaper depending on your transportation needs.

Yeah, I think it used to basically be another express bus with the full transfer privileges and everything.

Now, you can transfer from the BxM4C, but not to it (though there might be an exception with the BxM18). So if you're going to say, Brooklyn, it'll cost you $7.50 to get there, but $9.75 to get back.

The only way the BxM4C would be cheaper is for the occasional trip during rush hour. But if you're going to be traveling on a regular basis then you're better off (financially) with Metro-North. But as other people mentioned, there are parking issues at some MNRR stations, and some people think the bus is more convenient (if you don't feel like making an extra transfer or walking the extra distance or whatever)

The EasyPay Express metrocard works on them as well, as long as its the auto-refill pay per ride one. My suggestion is take the X1 to Grasmere, you can ride around the local buses in staten island, take in the railroad down there as well and either go back via the ferry or back on the X1. I took the X1 when I went to the Staten Island Zoo last year.

If you want to get to the Bronx Zoo you can try the BxM11 (or is it the 10, I forget which one goes up there)

I live nowhere near the X1... as I stated, it's only easy (not really) to get to the X63. I would ride some SI express routes if I had the time, though...

parking is a BS excuse to use BXM4CRAP you have several crosstown BL buses making TIMED transfers to MNRR peak trains there is literally ZERO reason to use bxm4C over metro-north. Tuckahoe has the 8, hartsdale has 39,38&34, scarsdale has 64&65&63, fleetwood has 25&55 NO WAY a bus stuck in traffic is more convenient

I live nowhere near the X1... as I stated, it's only easy (not really) to get to the X63. I would ride some SI express routes if I had the time, though...

X63 is crap it is slow basically a waste of time and metrocard fare. It sits in van wyck traffic queens blvd traffic just not worth usingi you want to experience express buses stick to the SI and bronx ones.

Well, NICE express buses are $2.25! ;)

Yeah, so when you're riding, don't expect to get on and off in the same borough. Express routes are closed door at all times they run, so be aware of that.

So are all Bee Line Express Buses (except for the 4C) some examples, 1x*, 3, 41,43*,62

*Routes at one time were called Super Express

Many of these routes have open door (local or limited) sections and an "express" portion

Neither do I, but yet I managed to ride it and I'm quite far out in Nassau. Take the Long Island Railroad (im guessing you are a Long Islander) to Penn Station, walk to 5th Avenue and then go up or down to 36th Street or 28th Street for the stop.

Neither do I, but yet I managed to ride it and I'm quite far out in Nassau. Take the Long Island Railroad (im guessing you are a Long Islander) to Penn Station, walk to 5th Avenue and then go up or down to 36th Street or 28th Street for the stop.

True. I just don't have the time (as of now)

X63 is crap it is slow basically a waste of time and metrocard fare. It sits in van wyck traffic queens blvd traffic just not worth usingi you want to experience express buses stick to the SI and bronx ones.

I don't care.

True. I just don't have the time (as of now)

I don't care.

Take the n51 to the n22x to the x68. It still is one fare

So are all Bee Line Express Buses (except for the 4C) some examples, 1x*, 3, 41,43*,62

*Routes at one time were called Super Express

Many of these routes have open door (local or limited) sections and an "express" portion

The thing is they charge $2.25

Isn't the last stop on the X68 188th Street (before it goes nonstop into Manhattan)? I can't open PDF files. But I guess if that;s the case, he could just backtrack a few blocks.

But come to think about it, isn't the N22X reverse-peak? So he'd have to stick with the regular N22 or N24.

Or Nassau riders. The NICE fareboxes are having problems because the paper MetroCards sold at LIRR TVM's demagnetize easily and dirty read heads faster.

Really? I use a paper card from a MNRR TVM because it never gives me trouble reloading (unlike the plastic ones from subway MetroCard machines). I haven't had to see a S/A once since I started using it in March, yet I had to almost every time I tried reloading my plastic card. I also get "please swipe again" much less frequently with this card. The card also feels much harder than the plastic ones, and it never gets all scratched up in my wallet like the plastic ones do.

There used to be a monthly Unlimited Express Bus Plus card but it was discontinued supposedly because they were too costly to lose. I think it was around $120.00 or something. Quite frankly I think it was discontinued because it was a steal of a deal, especially compared to what I pay now at $200.00 - $250.00 a month depending on how many weeks there are in the month.

They discontinued the Unlimited ride Express bus Plus Metrocard for 30 days back in 2003 after the fare raises of local bus and subway from $1.50 to $2 and for Express bus $3 to $4 at the time.

I honestly wish there was a 30 day option for unlimited Express bus rides but I wonder how much it would cost today?

They discontinued the Unlimited ride Express bus Plus Metrocard for 30 days back in 2003 after the fare raises of local bus and subway from $1.50 to $2 and for Express bus $3 to $4 at the time.

I honestly wish there was a 30 day option for unlimited Express bus rides but I wonder how much it would cost today?

I would be happy with $150 to $175 a month. That seems reasonable and would be inline with MetroNorth.

It's cheaper for me to walk to Freeport the take the N4-X63, which is only $5.50.

An N51-N22/24-X68 would cost me $7.75, because I already used the transfer on the N24. But that seems like a fun option as well.

It's cheaper for me to walk to Freeport the take the N4-X63, which is only $5.50.

An N51-N22/24-X68 would cost me $7.75, because I already used the transfer on the N24. But that seems like a fun option as well.

Actually it's still 5.50 since from the express bus you still can use it in two more NICE buses

How so??

You use the X68 in Manhattan. It's 5.50. Then transfer to the n22x or n22/22a/24, and it's a transfer. NICE gives a second transfer as well, so when he puts his card in the fare box the third time on the n51, it will still be a transfer. I've done that before with express buses and the subway. As long as he uses up all his transfers in 2 hours and 16 minutes, then he will only pay $5.50

You use the X68 in Manhattan. It's 5.50. Then transfer to the n22x or n22/22a/24, and it's a transfer. NICE gives a second transfer as well, so when he puts his card in the fare box the third time on the n51, it will still be a transfer. I've done that before with express buses and the subway. As long as he uses up all his transfers in 2 hours and 16 minutes, then he will only pay $5.50

I see... That's pretty generous of them... I could've used another term for generous, but the play with NICE is getting rather old.

remember you Must wakeup very early x63 is AM only to manhattan you will be the youngest guy on it

Archived