Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brighton Local

R-68 B Today

After almost 2 months of just R40 Slants / R40 Mod's and R42'S, as I was coming home home on a Coney Island Bound Q, I saw a Manhattan Bound R68 B Train. The last 2 car numbers were 2891 - 2890 ( 2890 facing Brighton Beach)

I've been using the Dekalb Avenue station for more than a week and I have not seen that elusive R68 (B). If I see it I'll try and get a pic of it.

who are you? Joe Pesci in 'My Cuz Vinny' , in the court room " How can you be so sure"? lol

im not, im taking a relatively good guess. I ride Brighton everyday, and have never seen R68'S on the B since May. Today it happens to be there.

Harry, I think it was just put into service today lol. i havent seen an R68 since May

Oh ok, I look out for it anyway.

What are the chances this will be the only set?

who are you? Joe Pesci in 'My Cuz Vinny' , in the court room " How can you be so sure"? lol

im not, im taking a relatively good guess. I ride Brighton everyday, and have never seen R68'S on the B since May. Today it happens to be there.

Yes! I'm a big Joe Pesci fan and I love my cousin vinny a classic.

Oh ok, I look out for it anyway.

What are the chances this will be the only set?

I think it depends on the N and W R40 Consist. I heard a rumor that most of the Q's R-68A'S will be taken into CI Shops for maintenance. Which then the Q will , and is now showing alot more R68'S, while slants from the W went to the B , and 68A's from the N went to the W , because of more and more R160 A and B's on the N.

ITs a big rotation basically. lol

hope this clears some air.

There can be another set, but I only saw the one.

If some of the W'S 68a's went to the B, then the W got some of the B's R40'S

Another factor for seeing an R68 on the (B) is because the R42 CI Rebuilds were sent over to 207th. I could be wrong. But basically all the factors of seeing an R68 (B) has been said, I think....

I remember riding a R68A on the B at the beginning of June. It might have been June 4.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.