Foxy's Suffolk Transit Photo Thread

lilbluefoxie

Cool pics! I know Suffolk Transit exists, but it doesn't get coverage. Thanks for providing it!

A lot of the Suffolk buses don't run that often, plus the expense of the LIRR keeps many of the photographers from the city from coming out that far. Even for me, I don't mind driving to Babylon or Walt Whitman Mall or something but I'm not going to go all the way far into Suffolk for bus photos.

The route signs some times doesn't show up in photos because it has something to do with the light of the sign and the Camera or something like that. Its been explained a bunch of times because alot of people ask that question.

A lot of the Suffolk buses don't run that often, plus the expense of the LIRR keeps many of the photographers from the city from coming out that far. Even for me, I don't mind driving to Babylon or Walt Whitman Mall or something but I'm not going to go all the way far into Suffolk for bus photos.

One good thing about EBT running ICMC's old routes is that you would be able to see all the buses that they are assigned sooner or later by being at one of those spots since they don't seem to assign a bus to a particular route or run like the other companies. I mean just the other day 1039 9use to be assigned to the S20) broke down on the S63. And for the last six months the S63 had a 40ft bus assigned to its second run.

The route signs some times doesn't show up in photos because it has something to do with the light of the sign and the Camera or something like that. Its been explained a bunch of times because alot of people ask that question.

Its probably a refresh rate thing like the R142s/R160s displays. I guess ill just try and take multiple shots when I go to get Suffolk buses just to make sure the display shows up in full.

Its probably a refresh rate thing like the R142s/R160s displays. I guess ill just try and take multiple shots when I go to get Suffolk buses just to make sure the display shows up in full.

That sounds right. It only happens with the signs on the 50xx's and 10xx's. If you catch a 1999 Orion V or a 2000 Gillig Suburban it won't happen.

Also you made a mistake on your site bus #1039 is an Orion 07.502 and #1006 is a Orion 07.501.

The Orion VII's are numbered this way.

Orion 07.501 - #1001-1015

Orion 07.502 - #1016-1065

Orion 07.503 - #1066-1081

All Gillig Phantoms numbered in the 50xx's are 35ft.

• 11 months later...

Nice pictures! I wish they'd change the colour scheme though, IMHO that Orion on the fist photo looks horrendous with that 80's color scheme.

Off by a decade. That colour scheme debuted in 1999, it did however replace a paint scheme that Suffolk had used since 1981. 

Off by a decade. That colour scheme debuted in 1999, it did however replace a paint scheme that Suffolk had used since 1981. 

Off? What are you talking about? To *me* it *looks* like an 80's color scheme. Doesn't matter when it debuted.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Orion NGs look good in almost any livery. I like the Suffolk Transit design.

I'm more partial to Suffolk Transit's old design then the one they now use, but I think that maybe because I wasn't a big fan of the Orion V's which the current paint scheme debuted on.

Off? What are you talking about? To *me* it *looks* like an 80's color scheme. Doesn't matter when it debuted.

I meant your guess or thought or what ever you want to call it. In your original post you didn't say that *you* thought that the paint scheme *looked* like it was from the 80's. 

Archived