Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracknut

CC train

I noticed a new avatar a CC train very cool. Anyone know long has it been since one of these been in service?

Weren't double letter trains local and single letter express or normal srevice.

Can I make a request?

Please try not to double post. Use the edit button.

You would like a request. Which route would you like to request?

A reply to the original question. I don't know for sure when the CC was discontinued but I can find out.

i think around 1984/1985.

By 1986, I dont think any letters were double anymore.

Thanks that sounds about right. That's about the last I remember a double R train.

Tracknut: I think the CC began, when the Concourse line opened which was sometime in the 1930s. It would only run rush hours to the Bronx. When it was not running, the AA would run from 168 Street to Hudson Terminal. Then double letters were eliminated in the 1980s (not too sure which year) and the CC became the C and the AA became the K. Sometime in either the late 1980s/ early 1990s, the C and the K combined: The C would run rush hours to Bedford Park Boulevard, and would run to 145 Street lower level during middays and evenings. It did not run at nights.

Eastman and Harry: the EE route bullet was really orange. The CC was green up to 1979 then it became blue.

Tracknut: I think the CC began, when the Concourse line opened which was sometime in the 1930s. It would only run rush hours to the Bronx. When it was not running, the AA would run from 168 Street to Hudson Terminal. Then double letters were eliminated in the 1980s (not too sure which year) and the CC became the C and the AA became the K. Sometime in either the late 1980s/ early 1990s, the C and the K combined: The C would run rush hours to Bedford Park Boulevard, and would run to 145 Street lower level during middays and evenings. It did not run at nights.

Eastman and Harry: the EE route bullet was really orange. The CC was green up to 1979 then it became blue.

Thanks for the additional information. I'm going to try and create the older route letter cards. The letters that used to be used on the R10 & R12 cars and others.

Thanks for the additional information. I'm going to try and create the older route letter cards. The letters that used to be used on the R10 & R12 cars and others.

THats a great idea I would defeintily be interested in those.

March 1997.

B and C switch Terminals

B goes Harlem-145 and Bedford Pk

C goes to Wash. Hts-168

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I remember taking a (C) train to 167th St. and the Concourse during a rush hour many years ago, but I couldn't place the exact date when the switch must have taken place.

and for a couple of years back before 1997 the C would actually run to 168 Street on weekends. In addition, on middays while the north set of the Manny B tracks were closed in 1995, the C went to 168 Street.

75px-CC_Train_%281967-1979%29.svg.png

The C and CC services began operation on July 1, 1933 over the then-new IND Concourse Line. The CC local provided continuous service between Bedford Park Boulevard and Hudson Terminal, while the C ran express, from 205th Street to Bergen Street in Brooklyn.

On October 24, 1949, C service was discontinued and during rush hours, CC trains terminated at Broadway – Lafayette Street. Two years later, CC trains were discontinued on Saturdays and in 1954, it returned to the Hudson Terminal.

In May 1985, the IND practice of using double letters to indicate local service was discontinued. The CC service was renamed the C.