R160B 9032 at Jay Street

I took a few photos but this was the best one that I could get of this train:

R160B_9032_Jay_7_14_08.jpg

I was at Jay Street Borough Hall when I saw a R160B Alstom/Siemens Trainset at the Northbound Platform on the F Train's Track. The North Motor was 9032 (featured in this photo, this is a R160B Option 1) and the South Motor was 8838. The entire consist was:

[N] 9032-9031-9030-9029-9028+8842-8841-8840-8839-8838

Nice catch looks like you cought the mixed astlom/siemens set.

@ N trizzy the (F) is not getting 160's just yet. The (Q) will get them first this jsut an yard move or test train.

Yeah you're right cuz that train has no (F) marking but the (D) one did.

I was at Jay Street Borough Hall when I saw a R160B Alstom/Siemens Trainset at the Northbound Platform on the F Train's Track. The North Motor was 9032 (featured in this photo, this is a R160B Option 1) and the South Motor was 8838. The entire consist was:

WAAA ANOTHER MIXED SET?!

Damnit. That would've been awesome to catch on video B)

Awesome catch dude.

no the (D) was just running with r160 over the weekend cause the (N) was running on the (D). they are using a lot of lines to test the train

Nah, they cancelled the (N) G.O. last minute. The (N) ran normal between 36 St and Stillwell Avenue

i know. but some trains on sea beach still ran express. they skipped non-transferable stops and small stops.

I highly doubt seeing 160Bs go to the (D) &/or (F) anytime soon. I can be wrong though....

A train operator on the (N) told me that the (D)(F) and (Q) should use the R160 cars fully two years from now. The R68A's would go mostly to the (D), maybe.

Um the 9000 series are ALL Siemens trains...

A Little Correction there..

A train operator on the (N) told me that the (D)(F) and (Q) should use the R160 cars fully two years from now. The R68A's would go mostly to the (D), maybe.

then they need drivers to go on training and they'll need new drivers. i don't believe that the (F) would get R160 since they can not afford to disrupt service. The (D) and (Q) should definetly get it. the (N) doesn't deserve fully. the (R ) and (W) does.

The (R) doesn't deserve R160s. Thoe are MUCH better used on the (E) or (F) since the (R) runs out of Jamaica Yar.d I also highly doubt the (F) using R160s anytime soon (within the next 2 years), and also with the (D), but it's actually possible for the (D).

The (R) doesn't deserve R160s. Thoe are MUCH better used on the (E) or (F) since the (R) runs out of Jamaica Yar.d I also highly doubt the (F) using R160s anytime soon (within the next 2 years), and also with the (D), but it's actually possible for the (D).

Ummm... (E)(F) and (R) all run out of Jamaica...

The (F) is gonna need R160s soon enough, same reason for the (G).

The (D) isn't getting any, Concourse loves their R68s very much.

IMHO any line with cars near 40 years old or over needs the R160s.

That's my point.

Elaborate, then. Just because the (R) runs out of Jamaica it doesn't deserve R160s? Then that would eliminate all lines that run out of Jamaica, i.e. (E)(F)(G)(R)(V), just because they run out of Jamaica. But that's my take on it. If you meant something different, please, explain.

Elaborate, then. Just because the (R) runs out of Jamaica it doesn't deserve R160s? Then that would eliminate all lines that run out of Jamaica, i.e. (E)(F)(G)(R)(V), just because they run out of Jamaica. But that's my take on it. If you meant something different, please, explain.

The (R) IMO is probably ok with R160s, BUT they can be MUCH better utilized on the (E) and (F). The (E) runs the oldest cars in the system (maybe shift those cars to the (R), (F) or (V) if it got R160s - this is ALL speculative and will probably not happen), and the (F), along with the (E) is scheduled to get CBTC next decade. Basically, what I mean is that even if the (R) got R160s, they should go to another line out of Jamaica that can much better utilize them. With talk of the (G) going to be transferred to CI, it might get R160s but if it did it would because it urns out of CI.

All of the above was speculative.

The (R) IMO is probably ok with R160s, BUT they can be MUCH better utilized on the (E) and (F). The (E) runs the oldest cars in the system (maybe shift those cars to the (R), (F) or (V) if it got R160s - this is ALL speculative and will probably not happen), and the (F), along with the (E) is scheduled to get CBTC next decade. Basically, what I mean is that even if the (R) got R160s, they should go to another line out of Jamaica that can much better utilize them. With talk of the (G) going to be transferred to CI, it might get R160s but if it did it would because it urns out of CI.

All of the above was speculative.

the (E) they said last year for a month that they will get R160B. i don't see that happening

Archived