The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh what the hell here is a somewhat real MTA issue i was boxed in at 179th had to terminate here because of a stalled train at lay up so it was 4 trains yes 4 trains there a AI myself another AI and the stalled AI this also shows 160 interior Lights lol

AI waiting

OpenBve2012-08-2515-45-03-38.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2515-45-10-76.jpg

my train at 179th

OpenBve2012-08-2515-45-22-41.jpg

the other AI

OpenBve2012-08-2515-45-32-25.jpg

and the stalled AI at layup lol

OpenBve2012-08-2515-45-54-21.jpg

now for the 160 with LED interior lights

OpenBve2012-08-2703-27-39-11.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2703-25-51-89.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2703-27-16-52.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2703-26-43-40.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2703-26-33-71.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2703-26-29-44.jpg

OpenBve2012-08-2703-26-19-78.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what site I could download the various versions of BVE from?

I appear to have an out of date version and I haven't the foggest idea as to where I can get the newest one. (I'm not looking for openBVE, BTW.)

Ironically, someone asked this on the BVEStation forums not too long ago.

http://www.bvestation.com/newtobve.php

If you unzip the archive, there will be subfolders called Object, Route, and Sound. The contents of the Object folder go into *\Openbve\Railway\Object. The contents of the Route folder go into *\Openbve\Railway\Route. The contents of the Sound folder go into *\Openbve\Railway\Sound.

Thanks, but when I go to LegacyContent\Railway, I only see one folder called "Route", and none called "Object" and "Sound". In that case, where should I put the contents of the "Object" and "Sound" folders from the route that I downloaded? Do I have to create folders?

Thanks, but when I go to LegacyContent\Railway, I only see one folder called "Route", and none called "Object" and "Sound". In that case, where should I put the contents of the "Object" and "Sound" folders from the route that I downloaded? Do I have to create folders?

The trains install like nothing, but HOW ON EARTH do you get the routes? I can find the folders but it is so complicated to unarchive them.

Still not sure how to open the 7z files though.

To open them on a mac, you'll have to download a 7z decompressor application online. Then, when you download a 7z file, it'll automatically decompress and open into a folder. I got that to work just fine; my problem is still just where to put the resulting folders and/or their contents...

*sigh*

In LegacyContent, you have to CREATE the object and sound folder. You then take the folder INSIDE the object folder of the archive (not the folder named Object) and put it in the folder you created. It should work. Do the same with the sound folder.

Also, do you have the original (F) line? You need it for the update to work....