The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

UPDATE

Been a while guys. And a lot has happened overtime. Lets get started.

The R38 is getting a MAJOR Overhaul by DJ Hammers in collaboration with Mudwrestle, and it looks great.

E9Iu4h.jpg

uFOqF.jpg

Good news for those of us who like OpenCut routes. Mr Railfan has started development on the (N) with JayJay85, and I gotta hand it to them, it looks great.

CFG2b.jpg

There are many developers at work on the (D). ARome has started to create Coney Island, as well as develop animated trippers.

Progress.png

Thenewera.png

Mr Railfan also had a little something to say regarding the (D).

(D) is fully updated with R160 announcements

I am working on a version for the (D) to lefferts from 205 st via the (A) line south of 59 street

Brightness command and signals fully updated

Speed limit set for AI trains so they don't speed through timed sections

A (D) via West end express is in the works and one via conourse express is in the works. I will post more updates on that ones it nears completion.

The (D) will be released along side the updated (A) to lefferts and (F) v5. Hopefully By the time the December Holidays come.

Developer Imanuel also had something to say regarding the (A).

The (A) to Far Rockaway & Rockaway Park are in skeletal phases.

The (A) to Lefferts Blvd now has full R160 announcements thanks to myself & Mr Railfan. They will be available when we get to it, please near with us.

As far as the R160 goes, nyctrman has created a concept R179.

ObjectViewer2012-10-0601-05-32-41.jpg

Bstyles is back, with a little bit of content too, a new EL model that will also be released in Trainz, and work on the R62.

NewElevatedTrack.png

InteriorWall-2.png

Global Moderator Gong Gahou announces that he will begin development on the R68[A].

I just want to announce that I will be continuing what I started. And yes, you read it correctly - I will be making both the R68 and the R68A. I was supposed to make the R142A as well, but I decided to go on hiatus, so that was passed on to others. (I have no regrets though, and I wish the developers of the R142A good luck as well! :)

Some things that I want to point out before I end this post:

- I haven't started anything yet - I just want to set out a goal and work it out from there. So, no pictures here.

- View my old threads for what I have done so far. I'll continue from there, but may have to study them again to remember what I did. All those textures will be replaced though, as they are not mine.

- I have a good-quality camera myself, so I will be the one supplying nearly all of the textures. But if you still want to send textures to me, particularly the ones that you think I might find useful, then sure, I'll take a look.

- What I will need: textures for areas that I have no access to, such as the cab. I plan to make a 3D cab.

- This will NOT be animated. Maybe I'll look for someone who can animate it when it's almost finished, but for now I'll work on it and see if I can learn it on the way.

- I am not over-exaggerating. I know I can make something as good as what Rikabs or BStyles have made. So, that is what everyone should expect - a highly detailed R68/R68A exterior.

- I am in college, and I am at a point where I need to think of a major, my career, and what my future will be. Of course, I will have a lot of work and stress from college. Don't be surprised if there aren't any updates. But I will try some kind of time management so I can work on the exteriors a little bit.

Edited by Brighton Express

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE

Chris doin work as usual on that R16.

openbve2012101812551892.png

Mud, Wrestle. That R32. Enough said.

R32GERebuildImg2.jpeg

R32GERebuildImg3.jpeg

From what I see, it looks like nyctrman has made every sign for the R160. Even the (S) to Lefferts Blvd.

Asnaps3.png

Mr Railfan with some more news on the (N).

I agree. I grew up taking the N express in Manhattan. If you want to catch an N via Broadway express , then i suggest catching one of the Rush hour trains. They usually have 3-4 N trains that run to 42 or 57 via Broadway express . Luckily the current version of the N i'm working on is Sea beach lcl / 4 ave Exp / B'way Exp / Astoria lcl.

There is a plan to make it go fully local in brooklyn and manhattan and fully express in brooklyn and in queens, so expect that for the final release of the N.

Threxx, does the unarchiver actually convert the .exe into something that my computer will be able to read? The .7z files all decompress into .csv files as you guys know, but the new (D) doesn't.

The new (D) uses .rw files, those will work as well.

In collaboration with the N, the line is being worked on by Imanuel, with support by JayJay85, Mr Railfan, myself, Nycrman, and the BVEStation crew. New objects will continue to roll through, as I begin to port some of my Trainz stuff over to OpenBVE.

I am sorry for not mentioning the others, I did not know they were on the job.

Good luck anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Nothing much. Just some more stuff on the (B) by JayJay85. For reference, JayJay85 has also done work, or has been the main developer for the (A)(D) and (F) routes, so expect nothing less than the best.

This shot is in Sheepshead Bay, and it also features some new tracks. In case anyone was wondering, those splines are available for Trainz.

Brighton4.jpg

Two more shots going down the route.

Brighton5.jpg

Brighton5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Some preview BETAs have come out recently on BVEStation, both from NYC-T-Driver.

I present you with the Rockaway BETA (H) by NYC-T-Driver.

NYC-T-Driver again, with the (2) via the (1).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l28XM5ogZHQ