Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
FamousNYLover

Staten Island Bus Proposal Thread 2012-2013

I'm a bit late to this discussion but a Staten Island-Elizabeth (Jersey Gardens) route starting at St. George is exactly what the North Shore ROW BRT should be, with another route to the SI Mall and maybe a third route to Newark or something.

SI to Perth Amboy service should be handled by a 7 day S55, rather than ending in the middle of nowhere.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

SI to Perth Amboy service should be handled by a 7 day S55, rather than ending in the middle of nowhere.

If it means not almost riding the full #116 to get out there, or putting up with NJT rail, I'd honestly take a SCOOT/minibus service running b/w Bricktowne & Amboy av (1st exit off 440)....

IDK, I would split the S74 & try my hand at running the resultant western split of it (some trips) along 440 (still serving Bricktowne before the fact) on in to Perth, before considering the S55.....

Narrows Road service:

The SIM3C and SIM33 currently both serve Narrows Road. However, the SIM33C is a significantly longer route than the SIM3C, although the SIM33C has a longer span of service. Why can't the SIM33C be sped up so that the first dropoff/last pickup is at Slosson, at least until the early evening inbound when SIM3C service drops to hourly (that is, starting with the 5:15 PM departure from Mariners' Harbor until the last inbound departure of the service day)? The idea is to give each route a unique market.

Also, what about a SIM4J that would replicate the old Red and Tan Route 144 that used to run between Jersey City and Staten Island, albeit with MC-9s and later RTS buses? The S89 would have its frequency reduced, but its hours of service could be expanded as a result, not unlike how the S93 has gone to a veritable shuttle service (headways no worse than 12 minutes), making the S89 a full-time weekday service. I'd propose 4 trips each way operated by Academy.