What Can We Learn from the B4 Experience?

BrooklynBus

We learn never to cower in the face of anyone, and to always fight for your rights. This doesn't just apply to buses you know...

(i spelled doesn't right for once... :o)

Of course this applies to life itself. I hope everyone realizes that. It's so sad when everyone feels hopeless and just accepts what a bureaucacy doles out because they feel any efforts to fight will be useless. That is not how this country was founded. Hopefully this experience will give people hope in the future and they will act appropriately. There is nothing in life worse than hopelessness.

Of course this applies to life itself. I hope everyone realizes that. It's so sad when everyone feels hopeless and just accepts what a bureaucacy doles out because they feel any efforts to fight will be useless. That is not how this country was founded. Hopefully this experience will give people hope in the future and they will act appropriately. There is nothing in life worse than hopelessness.

Well you weren't the only one who realized the severity of the proposed cuts. I felt an obligation to do my part of help out Southern Brooklyn especially because I could see first hand how these cuts hurt the community. The vibrancy that Emmons Avenue once had has been killed to a degree and it was quite sad to me especially having grown up in Sheepshead Bay and lived there for the majority of my life. I relied on the B4 for years to get to and from school, to get to other parts of Southern Brooklyn (like Bay Ridge) and I knew how important that route was along with the B2 and B64 amongst others. Do know that it is my opinion that these restorations are not enough. They are only a temporary band aid.

Well you weren't the only one who realized the severity of the proposed cuts. I felt an obligation to do my part of help out Southern Brooklyn especially because I could see first hand how these cuts hurt the community. The vibrancy that Emmons Avenue once had has been killed to a degree and it was quite sad to me especially having grown up in Sheepshead Bay and lived there for the majority of my life. I relied on the B4 for years to get to and from school, to get to other parts of Southern Brooklyn (like Bay Ridge) and I knew how important that route was along with the B2 and B64 amongst others. Do know that it is my opinion that these restorations are not enough. They are only a temporary band aid.

I didn't say I was the "only one". I said I was one of the few. As far as I know you were the only one not currently from the Sheepshead Bay area to speak up and for that you are to be commended, You should also be commended for making the trip from the Bronx to and from Brooklyn by public transit at a late hour just to get your opinions heard.

I also stated that this is not a solution and we must continue fighting. I think Lhota's real reason for making these concessions is to lessen resistance of the proposed fare hike. If the fare hike were not imminent, I don't think the routes that were restored would have been restored.

I didn't say I was the "only one". I said I was one of the few. As far as I know you were the only one not currently from the Sheepshead Bay area to speak up and for that you are to be commended, You should also be commended for making the trip from Riverdale to and from Brooklyn by public transit at a late hour just to get your opinions heard.

I also stated that this is not a solution and we must continue fighting. I think Lhota's real reason for making these concessions is to lessen resistance of the proposed fare hike. If the fare hike were not imminent, I don't think the routes that were restored would have been restored.

Yes I know what you meant, but there weren't many that were aware of what affect these cuts would have. As for coming to the meeting, it wasn't that big of a schlepp. I came on the BM3 from my office in Midtown. Going back however, I really wasn't sure how I was going to get back to Midtown to get my express bus back to Riverdale, so thanks for the ride to the (Q) train. I personally don't mind a fare hike, but there must be service to justify these fare hikes and I want to see more enforcement of the fare and those who can't afford it... Too bad...The ones who are paying their fare should not be robbed so that others continuously ride for free.

Archived