NYCT Eagle Team Set To Patrol Local Buses

FamousNYLover

For the local buses, won't the Eagle Team simply watch for cats trying to "sneak" on board through the back door?

On some routes, you get a decent amount of farebeaters coming in through the front. In fact, at least here on SI, I'd say the vast majority come in through the front. I mean, if you're the only one waiting at the stop and the B/O opens the front door, what other way can you farebeat? Now, of course, at some major stops some come in the back, but they're not the majority.

In any case, at the very least I hope they don't go after people going in the back because there's no room to go in the front. I've already said that they should show some leniency in general. There are enough obnoxious farebeaters that they can afford to let a few non-obnixous ones slide.

Uh what? ^

Oh geez, not this excusing of farebeaters shit again... Who do you think suffers when the MTA sees such and such route pulling in low revenues? -The People who actually pays their fare.... So no, if people are going to farebeat, they deserve to get fined and/or arrested. This should not be tolerated period.

Would you be happy if the MTA were to cut your route because you wanted basically a slap on the wrist for farebeaters?

Uh what? ^

Oh geez, not this excusing of farebeaters shit again... Who do you think suffers when the MTA sees such and such route pulling in low revenues? -The People who actually pays their fare.... So no, if people are going to farebeat, they deserve to get fined and/or arrested. This should not be tolerated period.

Would you be happy if the MTA were to cut your route because you wanted basically a slap on the wrist for farebeaters?

Oh geez, why won't people STFU? :angry: There's a difference between the obnoxious kid who comes in with a cell phone in hand and farebeats and somebody who honestly doesn't have enough money or honestly forgot their MetroCard. I walk almost 4 miles to get to work just to avoid paying the fare. Does that make you happy? At least I'm not farebeating, like it's the worst thing in the world if I got a free ride. <_< Not that it makes a difference because they don't get the money anyway, but hey, whatever....

It's the attitude about 'oh it doesn't matter' that's the problem. It all adds up. Of course target the 'obnoxious' people first, but it shouldn't mean a free pass for everyone else. Going back to what someone said: 'it would be ideal if the box were to reject a card with a low balance on it than to take everything'.

Ideally (for areas that are far away from the nearest train station) the MTA would install some MC machines at the major bus stops so riders can check their cards before boarding if they were low on balance.

It's the attitude about 'oh it doesn't matter' that's the problem. It all adds up. Of course target the 'obnoxious' people first, but it shouldn't mean a free pass for everyone else. Going back to what someone said: 'it would be ideal if the box were to reject a card with a low balance on it than to take everything'.

Ideally (for areas that are far away from the nearest train station) the MTA would install some MC machines at the major bus stops so riders can check their cards before boarding if they were low on balance.

So tell me: Are they getting any money from me walking that distance? Is there some kind of fundraiser I don't know about? That's why it doesn't matter.

That's why I said leniency in general, not "let's make it a free-for-all". I wouldn't want people to make a habit of it, but if it's somebody who honestly forgot their MetroCard or they haven't gotten paid or something, then yeah, they should be let on. But I definitely don't have the attitude of "Oh, if they can't afford it, too bad".

And yeah, that pisses me off when you pay a partial fare, but you need a transfer or something so you have to pay again anyway.

Ok, recently, everyone (including me) has been more hot tempered. I don't know if it's because of the switch to IP and all the bugs, or the heat, but it has to stop. Everyone needs to cool down and think for a minute.

Another thing, NYPD does some safety rides to prevent fare beating but a lot of these officers from the 52nd precint just take our badge number and get off the very next stop which is literally just a block away.

At least they actually 'ride' with you guys; when I got my two check-ups on the 46, they asked my badge number & last name, and stepped off the bus. I didn't see how that helped by asking me if "everything's ok?"... What is that supposed to do? We need undercover 5-0 onboard.

At least they actually 'ride' with you guys; when I got my two check-ups on the 46, they asked my badge number & last name, and stepped off the bus. I didn't see how that helped by asking me if "everything's ok?"... What is that supposed to do? We need undercover 5-0 onboard.

So is everything okay now? :lol:

They've wisened up, now all the fare beaters come in through the front door at least on the Concourse they do. I get one guy every Saturday night who claims he works for the parks and is entitled to a "courtesy" ride all the time. First two times I allowed it...third time I told him no and he got furious talking about I need to have consideration...c'mon now he's not looking for consideration more like looking to take advantage. A good chunk of the clientele on the Concourse are already getting all sorts of gov't assistance and want free transportation on top of that...for what to buy loose cigarettes, bum beer or stand online overnight for a pair of sneakers...if only they put that much effort in bettering them selves smh.

YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH, They get enough to buy a monthly Metrocard, I make sure I have a monthly Metrocard, people like that makes me want to throw a damn hammer at their asses

http://mta.info/news...ries/?story=754 the NYPD is also ramping up security on the subway as well.

yeah i noticed that too, i was on the A train and i saw police officers, but I blame the idiots who pull these iphones out, and all these other NT Gadgets that just came out, and they get stolen, MTA and NYPD warned these idiots numerous times for the past 8 years keep your electronics in your pockets, this is why i don't support that Wi-Fi crap at 14th st, big target for robbery

yeah i noticed that too, i was on the A train and i saw police officers, but I blame the idiots who pull these iphones out, and all these other NT Gadgets that just came out, and they get stolen, MTA and NYPD warned these idiots numerous times for the past 8 years keep your electronics in your pockets, this is why i don't support that Wi-Fi crap at 14th st, big target for robbery

More Wifi / Phone service coming right at ya! Expect more rise in robberies, like it or not. Sadly..

Archived