"Baby" NABIs have rolled out

go25

NJ Transit has posted on their facebook that Atlantic City has received the first of the few baby nabis order. Surprised for them to pick Atlantic City instead of Morris county and/or Broadway IBOA, AC Transit. Thoughts?

Well, I wish them good luck, that's all I have to say.

So, I've been asking this, but are these going to the other depots/companies with baby RTSes or will that be the next order?

Im wondering the same thing. No disrespect to AC or South Jersey but I feel that the baby nabis should be in Morris county first. Plus some of the baby RTS have been refurbished so it might be some time before they come to Morris county. But I might be wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to some of the 505 drivers about the Baby NABI... its obvious that the locals are not happy that there's no back door.

"One driver asks, how did this get past safety inspection without the back door."

Newton Ave drivers tell me they are not allowed to use the back door on the NABIs

And I recommend that the clever devices on the baby NABIs should be programmed to make the same stop announcement in Spanish or Italian, not just English.

I was talking to some of the 505 drivers about the Baby NABI... its obvious that the locals are not happy that there's no back door.

"One driver asks, how did this get past safety inspection without the back door."

Newton Ave drivers tell me they are not allowed to use the back door on the NABIs

Yet, on a NOVA, back doors are ok?? I mean, I don't get it.

Here's my report on 1601...

It is currently sitting at Egg Harbor Garage, waiting to be fixed.... The GPS system that tells the Clever Device where the bus is based on its route, apparently does not work on the 505, but it works on the 504.

Remember, the 505 has many destinations in both directions... Margate Franklin Ave, Longport 32nd Ave (short turn), Longport, Venice Park, AC Inlet, AC South Carolina Ave (short turn), Venice Park via Magellon Ave... Add Ventnor Plaza to those origins and destinations, there is a lot of trips... While the 504 may have only have 2 or 3 destinations.

The fix is so the GPS doesn't screw up or takes the bus "Off Route" when announcing the bus stops and transfers "On Route"

NJ Transit has posted on their facebook that Atlantic City has received the first of the few baby nabis order. Surprised for them to pick Atlantic City instead of Morris county and/or Broadway IBOA, AC Transit. Thoughts?

I wonder why they could not send at least 2 buses to train on ? One for the south and one for Morris county.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived