Event 8/2 Nassau Transit Advisory Comittee Meeting at Mitchel Field Depot

TAC inform Charlene Obeneaur that Nassau County Transit Advisory Comittee will hold meeting at Mitchel Field Depot on Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 4:15pm at 700 Commercial Av.

Charlene said budget info will be release and rumor of fare hike at this meeting.

This meeting information is not posted on NICE Bus Website.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad for NICE to hold off on a fare hike until 2013 when the (MTA) is planning to execute a fare hike. I'm guessing its going to be $2.50 single ride, but I really don't know.

TAC inform Charlene Obeneaur that Nassau County Transit Advisory Comittee will hold meeting at Mitchel Field Depot on Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 4:15pm at 700 Commercial Av.

Charlene said budget info will be release and rumor of fare hike at this meeting.

This meeting information is not posted on NICE Bus Website.

In Mitchel Field? I hope there will be no problems getting in...

It's supposed to be public meeting, however TAC and NICE Bus Veolia are not keping their promise posting on NICE Bus website.

If anything, they'll post it last minute like they did with the April 8th cuts and the N88.

Yes, and OK, I realize that 25 cents more a trip may be more and may have a big effect on some people, but given the (MTA) budget status and the fact that we haven't had a fare increase in two years, I think it is due.

It's offical Nassau County Transit Advisory Comitee Meeting for NICE Bus Riders and B/Os.

http://www.scribd.co...nty-TAC-Meeting

Let's see NICE put that on their website.

I can't attend because I am about 10,000 miles away from New York, though I wish someone can look at my video from the Great Neck meeting and do the same, so people will "love" it more, =P...

Did you just have the camera on your lap pointed up and front, or were you actually holding it up?

I'll go if someone wants to meet me on the bus. Yuki maybe? This is something where filming is best done with more than one person from these forums.

Brett, I'll get on 8:40 n20L on Thursday.

What time is good for you?

qtrainjmaster, are you coming to meeting also?

P. S. My new condo apartment near my old house doesn't have phone yet, so I have to come to my old house to use internet, so I'll check forum in the morning.

Brett, I'll get on 8:40 n20L on Thursday.

What time is good for you?

qtrainjmaster, are you coming to meeting also?

P. S. My new condo apartment near my old house doesn't have phone yet, so I have to come to my old house to use internet, so I'll check forum in the morning.

I got things to do in the morning, so I'll be getting out of Queens after noon, which definitely gives me enough time to get to Mitchel Field. What buses (and what times) are you taking to Mitchel Field, Yuki? Also, how long do you think this meeting will be?

Looks like word is getting around too:

LINK: http://blog.tstc.org/2012/07/30/nassau-county-transit-advisory-committee-to-meet-thursday/

This Thursday, August 2nd, at 4:15pm, Nassau County’s Transit Advisory Committee (TAC) is holding a public meeting at NICE’s office at 700 Commercial Avenue in Garden City, New York. Once again, the announcement was not made on NICE Bus’ website, nor were announcements seen at stations and bus stops around Nassau County (Tri-State got word of the meeting directly from NICE after numerous requests for a copy of the company’s 2013 budget).

The meeting will include a “report/proposal regarding the 2012 budget.” No specifics have been released, but with the county looking to cut costs, and only five months left before NICE Bus can legally hike fares, the proceedings could have important impacts on transit riders. There will be an opportunity for public comment at the meeting.

The TAC was created to oversee the county’s transit system as part of an arrangement that privatized its bus operations. Any fare hikes or significant service cuts must be approved by the body.

Click here to view the meeting announcement.

Did you just have the camera on your lap pointed up and front, or were you actually holding it up?

I had it halfway up and I was sitting in the front row, this way I can zoom into the Powerpoint Presentation and assure myself that I am shooting the thing I want to shoot. I know it is a pretty long time to hold a camera up, but I kinda used my left hand to give my right hand a half rest, lol.

I had it halfway up and I was sitting in the front row, this way I can zoom into the Powerpoint Presentation and assure myself that I am shooting the thing I want to shoot. I know it is a pretty long time to hold a camera up, but I kinda used my left hand to give my right hand a half rest, lol.

Yea, I understand. Some of my on-board bus rides have been very long and I gotta hold my arm up to point it out the window.

Archived