Monmouth County new NABI buses

macpat55

Its looks like Veolia Transportation got a delivery of the new NABI buses. I saw one on the 831 going to Red Bank from Monmouth Mall this afernoon and It had a front bike rack on it. I did not get a chance to ride it or get a photo of it. I guess more of these buses will be rolling out soon

Its looks like Veolia Transportation got a delivery of the new NABI buses. I saw one on the 831 going to Red Bank from Monmouth Mall this afernoon and It had a front bike rack on it. I did not get a chance to ride it or get a photo of it. I guess more of these buses will be rolling out soon

Cool maybe the next time you could be ready with pics it was about time monmouth get fresh bach and seeing the novas they need about 16 of them since the baby novas are not yet out.

Caught em..... Rode two of those suckers today (well, yesterday) !

To boot, I did not see one of those old rts' on any of the 83x routes..... and I saw an 835 @ Red Bank RR, 2 834's (well, including the 1 I boarded), 3 different 831's (1 of which I boarded), & an 837 heading towards asbury park as I was on the 831 to long branch (check that, 2 837's, b/c 1 pulled up while I was waiting for the train back to nwk @ long branch.... that was also a NABI).... So it's looking like they replaced their entire fleet, I'm guessing..... Still a positive, IMHO.....

I may do a trip report later on, but after riding 17 different buses, the (2), the PATH, and the NJT RR, on top of walking the willy b (wiliiamsburg bridge) tonight watching drunks stumbling over other drunks & evading shoving matches/fights, now is definitely not the time.... lol.... just wanted to say, thanks to macpat & orion VII 4 life, I was apprised to be able to ride those NABI's on those 83x routes for myself.... about time they got some new buses, got sick of lookin at those old things......

Even the academy (817, the bus I took to get to the 834) driver stopped over & asked the b/o I had on the 834 (latin chick), "so how you like the new buses", then he started chuckling a bit...... didn't understand what she said b/c it was a bit of spanglish mixed in there.....

if you ask me, the 834 I took (from campbell jnctn to red bank) seemed like it had more ppl. than it usually did heading in that direction..... IINM, they would run the baby rts' on that route.... the 834 that arrived (heading towards atlantic highlands) a few mins before the one I got on though, that thing only had like 4 ppl on there.....

oh, I took #6134 operating on the 834.... and #6127 operating on the 831....

To boot, I did not see one of those old rts' on any of the 83x routes..... and I saw an 835 @ Red Bank RR, 2 834's (well, including the 1 I boarded), 3 different 831's (1 of which I boarded), & an 837 heading towards asbury park as I was on the 831 to long branch (check that, 2 837's, b/c 1 pulled up while I was waiting for the train back to nwk @ long branch.... that was also a NABI).... So it's looking like they replaced their entire fleet, I'm guessing..... Still a positive, IMHO.....

I may do a trip report later on, but after riding 17 different buses, the (2), the PATH, and the NJT RR, on top of walking the willy b (wiliiamsburg bridge) tonight watching drunks stumbling over other drunks & evading shoving matches/fights, now is definitely not the time.... lol.... just wanted to say, thanks to macpat & orion VII 4 life, I was apprised to be able to ride those NABI's on those 83x routes for myself.... about time they got some new buses, got sick of lookin at those old things......

Even the academy (817, the bus I took to get to the 834) driver stopped over & asked the b/o I had on the 834 (latin chick), "so how you like the new buses", then he started chuckling a bit...... didn't understand what she said b/c it was a bit of spanglish mixed in there.....

if you ask me, the 834 I took (from campbell jnctn to red bank) seemed like it had more ppl. than it usually did heading in that direction..... IINM, they would run the baby rts' on that route.... the 834 that arrived (heading towards atlantic highlands) a few mins before the one I got on though, that thing only had like 4 ppl on there.....

Damn that's one hell of a story and ride it is true when theres new equipment then more riders come in , i hope the perth amboy academy gets their own NABI'S as well. Those older rts would be in North Bergen near Penthhorn since there was bunch of them ready for their "send off" I am itching to ride again a nabi coming this fall

1118 was out the other day, maybe it isn't in service anymore.

Damn that's one hell of a story and ride it is true when theres new equipment then more riders come in , i hope the perth amboy academy gets their own NABI'S as well. Those older rts would be in North Bergen near Penthhorn since there was bunch of them ready for their "send off" I am itching to ride again a nabi coming this fall

yup, I even noticed that out in Rockland county when they got those gillig hybrid's.... I'm like, where'd all this ridership come from....

I'm sure you have other NJT examples where newfound ridership came in as the NABI's started surfacing.....

....and the Perth Amboy routes, True that.... the 81x routes could also use new buses....

• 2 weeks later...

I like the NABI. it sound quiet when it was passing by me. It remind me of Flexible. Those are hot buses to go on. Rts make me puke and it always breaking down. The other month I was on the 833 to Freehold and there was a leaky ceiling near the bus driver. how ironic to have that in service.

I like the NABI. it sound quiet when it was passing by me. It remind me of Flexible. Those are hot buses to go on. Rts make me puke and it always breaking down. The other month I was on the 833 to Freehold and there was a leaky ceiling near the bus driver. how ironic to have that in service.

Thats on the driver (who probably didnt report it) and maintainance (who knew but never bothered with it). As a driver I can tell u about times I was driving a nabi uphill SRO and it jumped out of gear (from drive to neutral) about how I hit those potholes by lincoln park in newark and things have come loose or rattle or about how I've been out accelerated by the old flixes...nabis havent hit 3 years old yet. Whoever chose the seat arrangement in them didnt even bother making the surburban setup different from the transit (forward facing seats on the rear tire well stupid decision) what bothers me the most is that nabi doesnt make bad buses I've ridden the old ones down in baltimore loved them. The problem with these are that (njt) chose the wrong options setting up the nabi as such I'd request a rts 10 out of 10 times b4 a nabi

Archived