Monmouth County new NABI buses

macpat55

B35 posted earlier this month about the NABI on the academy line. Today, I was walking thru Keansburg and there was a NABI running. It was heading to Perth Amboy. The bus that was heading toward Campbell Junction was Nova RTS. Bus Route 817 was the route the Academy was contract to run the NJT for this run.

^^ Beat me to it.... Since I'm not goin back to work til wednesday, I did some fanning.....

I just took NABI #6155 on the #811... rode it from New Brunswick to Brunswick Sq. mall (while @ the mall, I also saw a slew of those MCAT [minibuses] QJT keeps talking about)...... funny thing, b/c it's my first time taking that route too - wasn't expecting that at all.....

I was also thinkin of this post I made

side note:

* I don't know happened on the turnpike heading southbound this afternoon, but there was a HUGE backup as I was looking out the window of the bus while passing through milltown.... also saw that backup while on the #818 heading back to New brunswick.....

^^ Beat me to it.... Since I'm not goin back to work til wednesday, I did some fanning.....

I just took NABI #6155 on the #811... rode it from New Brunswick to Brunswick Sq. mall (while @ the mall, I also saw a slew of those MCAT [minibuses] QJT keeps talking about)...... funny thing, b/c it's my first time taking that route too - wasn't expecting that at all.....

side note:

* I don't know happened on the turnpike heading southbound this afternoon, but there was a HUGE backup as I was looking out the window of the bus while passing through milltown.... also saw that backup while on the #818 heading back to New brunswick.....

Glad to know the NABIs finally made it to Middlesex County. Can't wait to ride them. :)

About what happened on the NJ Turnpike, this should answer your question. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/08/accident_causing_traffic_delay.html

side note:

You serios? Goddamn I'm gonna miss their RTSs. Oh well, more crap for me...

BTW were the Clever Devices working like Veolia's were?

Glad to know the NABIs finally made it to Middlesex County. Can't wait to ride them. :)

About what happened on the NJ Turnpike, this should answer your question. http://www.nj.com/ne...ffic_delay.html

I gotta admit, it looks funny when you see a b/o in an academy uniform driving those things....

(I ended up riding the 813 -> 814 -> 811 -> 818 btw..... the other 3 routes/buses were still those RTS')

So that accident basically just happened as the #811 crossed over the tpke then, b/c it was around 2pm when I was on that bus......

You serios? Goddamn I'm gonna miss their RTSs. Oh well, more crap for me...

BTW were the Clever Devices working like Veolia's were?

There were still a slew of RTS' around New Brunswick & Perth Amboy, so it's not like they replaced the entire fleet (well, yet anyway)......

As for your question, well there were no announcement of stops (so it wasn't programmed).... it did give the notifications talking about no eating on the bus, and saving money by buying passes; that type of thing...

Rode 6138 on the 832 today, turns out the automated announcements don't announce stops, just the route when the doors open and of course "stop requested".

Great. Those announcements should be used when coming to a major point on the bus schedule and any stop after the stop request button was pressed.

....When i was riding it it alway seem to fall behind time of telling what stop is what.

Yeh, I know what you mean.....

Don't know if it's still the case in Nassau County, but when LIB was still around, that was the problem w/ that on their buses - Announcing a stop well after the bus done passed the stop's (iono, like it's out of sync or something).... Well that, and only announcing stops for about the first 1/2 of the route (this also happens on some of NJT's buses; of the routes whose stops are already programmed on em, that is).....

i bet you folk that in future it will fail. I been to Vegas so many times and rode those buses out there. When i was riding it it alway seem to fall behind time of telling what stop is what.

I completely agree, I hate these buses and think they're cheap pieces of crap on wheels. I'm sure eventually NJT will regret ordering these buses, as well as the Designline coaches (if that order ever gets built/delivered).

EDIT: Crap, didn't see you were talking about the Clever Devices. I personally like them, do you know if Vegas uses a Clever Devices IVN or another company's system?

i dont know which system they used but i heard it by satellite system. Sort of gps. I thought these stop announce was in control of a button by the bus driver on the wheel. this way when they approach intersection they tap the button to announce the stop.

i dont know which system they used but i heard it by satellite system. Sort of gps. I thought these stop announce was in control of a button by the bus driver on the wheel. this way when they approach intersection they tap the button to announce the stop.

Reminds me of the one Bee-Line uses (pretty sure it's not Clever Devices), which seems to work when it wants to. That or most B/Os don't turn it on, because I barely ever see them working.

• 3 months later...

Now that someone bumped this thread, I should mention that I've been hearing that Veolia's routes are nearly always late now (experienced that myself a few times now on the 83x routes) and not that many people or B/Os like the NABIs. I don't know if they've been breaking down or what, but they've been running late recently for some reason.

They really ruined the beauty of NABI. On 12-8-2012, I saw the first 834 toward Highland was wearing the ad wrap. i dont remember the ad was but it took away the beauty of it.

Veolia ALWAYS had ad wrapped RTSs, doesn't surprise me one bit.

Archived