Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
go25

Newark Bus Study

has anyone looked into it? i just took a quick glance into it and.... it got me overwhelmed by the amount of new proposals... some good, some bad, some much needed.

thoughts?

P.S here is the link: http://www.njtpa.org/Plan/Studies/Newark-ElizabethBusStudy.aspx

It caused me to think a bit the new crosstowns are very nice 98 & another streanlining of the 40 as well

has anyone looked into it? i just took a quick glance into it and.... it got me overwhelmed by the amount of new proposals... some good, some bad, some much needed.

thoughts?

P.S here is the link: http://www.njtpa.org...thBusStudy.aspx

Alright i clicked it and the first thing i see is the picture of a Nova on the 67? really?! lol i wonder when was that picture taken

Alright i clicked it and the first thing i see is the picture of a Nova on the 67? really?! lol i wonder when was that picture taken

That caught me off guard as well, 67 on a RTS?? Anyway its a PDF or something that explains how NJT AND Coach USA should improve service. Even suggesting CUSA use GoBus routes

- The one that immediately caught my attention was restructuring the #1 b/w Ivy Hill & Kearny.... the 1 is one of the better performing routes w/i newark, don't understand why that should be tinkered with....

- If they want to split the 62 @ NJT Elizabeth, may as well have it serve Jersey Gardens also (not just the IKEA).... This wouldn't even have to run to Rahway..... No point in turning Rahway into a major xfer point.....

Instead of creating 3 routes to replace the 62's southern portion, all you'd really need is one route (running from elizabeth to perth amboy via woodbridge mall, via carteret) & alter those current metropark loops into full fledged routes - reflecting w/e changes they want to accomplish with those #806-808 routes instead !

Edited by B35 via Church

There is too many route options for the airport, its ridicolous. Also about the port some of the ideas sounded weird

• Upvote 1

There is too many route options for the airport, its ridicolous.

I agree.... I mean, they have the 28, 37, 40, 41, 62, and new routes 17, 18, 35, 38, & 51....

I like that Route 101 idea. There really is no direct service to NYC from Stuyvesant Ave. in Union except for the 114 which stops at Morris & Stuyvesant Avenues. What I'm asking myself is, is Hilton gonna do this route or is Ironbound gonna do it and are they going to use NABIs or MCIs?

"A lot of these proposed bus routes are duplications of existing service. Some of the new GO routes sound like good ideas tho"