IRT train on the IND?

What's wrong with this picture?

img_128184.jpg

Yes, I know, this was a long time ago, but how did these ramps work? And I think it looks like that this train is IN SERVICE.........

And another thing....what's with the R160A-2 8653-8657:

Credit goes to maker of this video. (Not mine.)

I remember as a kid seeing that exact train for my first time on that very station on Union Turnpike. So yeah nothing special just a 110A on display. The removable ramps on the doorways are not part of the train as it may seem in the picture. It just seems that way.

Trust me.

When was that picture taken? I must have been too young to see it, but man I wish I saw that in person!

I don't understand the problem with (E) train service this would have caused-they clearly would have just moved all trains to the local track. Who cares?

That pic was taken prior to both that, and the R110A, entering revenue service. They had both sets, 110A and 110B on public display at a few train stations and the transit museum around '92. I went to the one they had at 34th St on the express tracks of the bway line (no express service during most of the 80s and some 90s due to Manhattan bridge reconstruction).

When was that picture taken? I must have been too young to see it, but man I wish I saw that in person!

I don't understand the problem with (E) train service this would have caused-they clearly would have just moved all trains to the local track. Who cares?

It also looks like a R32 sittin over there on the express tracks, remember there's no express service on weekends north of CTL then, or now.

The video of the (N), possibly that part of the line goes on a downhill slope? I dont remember any downhill parts on Sea Beach, then again it could be an operator that really knows how to drive a train (there are a few around).

The video of the (N), possibly that part of the line goes on a downhill slope? I dont remember any downhill parts on Sea Beach, then again it could be an operator that really knows how to drive a train (there are a few around).

Of course there's few around. You don't drive a train.

That 110 was on display for the public viewing. Its also on the express track at Union Turnpike and has no effect on (E) or (F) train service.

I don't understand the video? I don't see anything unusual.

The (E) would just run local. After all, the (E) often stops at the local track during morning/afternoon off peak hours.

Hasn't anyone ever seen a 7 train on the D or N line going to Coney Island yard?

Many years ago, I saw five (7) redbirds at the BMT track at Queensboro Plaza.

About 2 or 3 months ago, I came back from a Mets game, and I saw a work train on the BMT line that switched to the Flushing line.

Archived