Final Updated Rendering of the New Siemens Amtrak Loco Released

Fan Railer

I ment that the Acela is the only good looking train set that Amtrak has got in a while; everything else,the P40, AEM7, and HHP8 locomotives are unpleasing to the eye.

Amtrak doesn't only have P40s, it also has P32s / P42s and many more Non-Genesis sets.

Of course the Acela looks like a euro type car.

Yeah but only for the NEC services. Acela no.

They will kill the AEM7/HHP8.

The AEM7's might see it's fate, the HHP8's are probably going to be sold for other use since their age are relatively young. I wouldn't necessarily say they're being killed, rather they're displaced.

The AEM7's might see it's fate, the HHP8's are probably going to be sold for other use since their age are relatively young. I wouldn't necessarily say they're being killed, rather they're displaced.

Who would buy the HHP8? Its reliability is pathetic.

From speculations and stuff, a South American nation or a regional transit system. Though yes, their reliability is poor, however I wouldn't label them as pathetic because I saw them rescue AEM7's in videos and on a train ride up the NHL.

• 3 weeks later...

I love running the HHP's, they are very powerful engines and they use to be bad in the rain but now I havent had a problem with them. From what Ive heard they are constantly breaking down and in the shop.

• 3 weeks later...

I ment that the Acela is the only good looking train set that Amtrak has got in a while; everything else,the P40, AEM7, and HHP8 locomotives are unpleasing to the eye.

Ever since they got rid of the Phase III Livery every amtrak rail vehicle on the NEC looks unappealing.

Archived