Quality control/assurance, Quality Managementsystem..

Strawberry

Thanks for your welcome,

it's really a great Web-Page. :)

So do you know how the command center is called or how I could get in touch with it?

Does really nobody "definitely" knows if the NYC TA has a Quality-Management-System or a Quality Control/Assurance division??

Kind Regards, Strawberry :D

The BCC (Bus Command Center) is really an internal central communication system for road operations. The BCC isn't accessible to the public. What issues are you having? Perhaps we can shine some light on your situation and give you some better insight.

Does really nobody "definitely" knows if the NYC TA has a Quality-Management-System or a Quality Control/Assurance division??

Kind Regards, Strawberry :D

The Quality Performance Division was created in 1998, if that's what you're thinking of. All New York City Bus depots are a part of it as far as I know. I'm not quite sure how you get in touch with them specifically however.

The Quality Performance Division was created in 1998, if that's what you're thinking of. All New York City Bus depots are a part of it as far as I know. I'm not quite sure how you get in touch with them specifically however.

Sorta related, but what was the 'level 2' stuff supposed to be? I saw various buses with the II or 2 sticker on the front. Is it to mean it was overhauld or something?

that "Quality Control" program was shut down a while ago. It use to be that the higher the level was, the better cosmetic appearance the bus had inside and out. For example, IV(4) was the highest level in the program. if a bus had a IV on it, it couldn't leave the depot unless it was in "perfect condition". Meaning and if it had a scripted on it from an accident, the panel was either pulled off, body worked, and repainted. the problem with the program was that #1 it was expensive to keep up with, #2 when they say buses couldn't leave without being perfect they meant it. some depots were short a couple buses for service because they had minor scratches on them that needed to be fixed. eventually they started closing out work orders without repair just to get the bus on the road. eventually the program was just dropped.

that "Quality Control" program was shut down a while ago.

They did? Whoops. I see all those "Quality Control Bus" stickers going on the new buses and I assumed it was the same program they used to have.

@ Blitz Are you sure that they shut it down? :(

@ youngblaze Yes of course, I can tell you about my issues. I have just moved from Germany to New York City and I used to work as a kind of freelancer in Germany. My tasks and main responsibilities were focused on developing and implementing Quality-Management-Systems for transportation companies (including quality control and assurance). The point is, I am currently looking for new professional challenges and fresh ways of utilizing and extending my quality management skills. Therefore I wanted to apply for a position within the Quality Assurance/control section of the NYC TA (MTA) due to its reputation as a prestigious, innovative and growing company in the public transportation sector. I would very much like to have an opportunity to use my skills within the NYC TA (MTA).

Because of this reason I try to find out where to send my application to or better said who is the responsible person and what's the name of the division he is working in.

So did they really shut it down? Are you guys really sure that they did it? Because I can't believe that the reason for shutting down such a division could have been the costs. An developed and implemented Quality-Management-System saves companies hundred thousands of dollars each year rather then it costs money. And a company like NYC TA (MTA) more then likely millions each year.

That's exactly what companies reach with what I do. Saving the company a lot of money, acquire customers, enhance of customer satisfaction and retain customers.

So does anyone of you definitely know anything about what happened to the division, this program?

Kind Regards, Strawberry

Hey,

regarding employment with the TA you can go here:

NYCT Civil Service Examination Schedule:

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm

It seems that they are still converting the employment section to the new BSC platform so it may be a while until you can apply for NYCT professional postings and their other agencies (i.e Metro-North, Long Island Railroad etc...)

So do you think an application by mail is not recommendable? :)

And I have still the question: Does anyone definitely know that they shut down the "Quality Control"

program? Better said does the division still exist?

Kind Regards, Strawberry

Well I do see new buses with that sticker around the depot sticker. So I would think they are still doing it. I know the New Flyers and Novabus LFSA's have it.

The sticker has nothing to do with it. That sticker just makes it look like they care to the public. The "Quality Control" program as I explained it above does not exist anymore. Now if it is still around in some other form, i am not sure of. But the days of dispatches holding buses out of service for minor body work are over. If you don't believe me, take a look at some Bronx Division buses...

The sticker has nothing to do with it. That sticker just makes it look like they care to the public. The "Quality Control" program as I explained it above does not exist anymore. Now if it is still around in some other form, i am not sure of. But the days of dispatches holding buses out of service for minor body work are over. If you don't believe me, take a look at some Bronx Division buses...

I used to see the quality control sticker on D40LF artics on the M14. Some of those buses are not in the least quality control. Yes, it is an old program.

Co-Sign. I had 5500 Yesterday with the radiator door flapping open every time I hit a bump lol when I got to the terminal I went to take a look and it seemed as though the duct tape they used to secure it came off lol

Archived