The Official "OMSI: The Bus Simulator" Thread

I would like to announce the relaunch of the OpenBVE Connection's OMSI simulation, with our inaugural run on the Daytonford County map occurring tonight. We are planning to run the airport routes on the map.

To participate in the run, you will need the Daytonford County map and all it's dependencies, Teamspeak, and a working copy of OMSI: The Bus Simulator.

Link for Daytonford County: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2154-daytonford-county-70/
Link for Teamspeak 3: http://www.teamspeak.com/
Server Address: t316.darkstarllc.com:10396

• 2 months later...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody here knows how to convert a bus from Blender to OMSI. If so, would anyone be willing to contribute to my project and convert an Orion model into OMSI? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Adam

May i ask what exactly do you have with your Orion. And you're developing the 1998 O5/CNG,correct.

And to those who play OMSI+2 faithfully:

jypPTOS.png

nsiTxj8.png

May i ask what exactly do you have with your Orion. And you're developing the 1998 O5/CNG,correct.

And to those who play OMSI+2 faithfully:

jypPTOS.png

nsiTxj8.png

Hi NewFlyer504, yes I am working on several versions of the Orion V Diesel and Orion V CNG. Basically the body is done but my 2 friends have a lot of errors while converting the model to OMSI. So I don't know if I should scrap the project but another friend wants to rebuild the whole bus all over again and I won't have a lot of spare time this year. Btw awesome MTA repaint on that Citaro G!

-Adam

Hi NewFlyer504, yes I am working on several versions of the Orion V Diesel and Orion V CNG. Basically the body is done but my 2 friends have a lot of errors while converting the model to OMSI. So I don't know if I should scrap the project but another friend wants to rebuild the whole bus all over again and I won't have a lot of spare time this year. Btw awesome MTA repaint on that Citaro G!

-Adam

OK. Firstly, what software did you use to create the bus? Secondly, I didn't create it. It was created by a friend of mine working on a NYCMTA pack. However, he has not released these yet. The link for the current ones is: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4836-metropolitan-transportation-authority-repaint-pack-for-solaris-urbino-series/

Hi NewFlyer504, yes I am working on several versions of the Orion V Diesel and Orion V CNG. Basically the body is done but my 2 friends have a lot of errors while converting the model to OMSI. 

I used Blender. And oh ok.

What kinds of errors come up when converting. And just to be sure, file directories are correct in the bus's .cfg file?

What kinds of errors come up when converting. And just to be sure, file directories are correct in the bus's .cfg file?

Yes my friend uses a NL202 cfg file in comparison and whenever he loads the bus in omsi, there is no model to be seen and only tickets are floating in the air.

Yes my friend uses a NL202 cfg file in comparison and whenever he loads the bus in omsi, there is no model to be seen and only tickets are floating in the air.

OK. If you don't mind, can you explain the bus's file structure?(i.e. does it have its own file, do all the parts from the NL202 in a model file?

Well I keep fixing them up but then more errors show up on the logfile continuously.

Have you tried creating an entire new folder for your bus?

Also, did you want those Citaro G repaints?

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4676-metropolitan-transportation-authority-repaint-pack-for-mercedes-benz-series/

Yea I did but errors still pop up, and thanks!

Interesting. One final question, have you looked for solutions on the Internet to fix these errors?( I am aware this may be a rhetorical question but just making sure) And if you have, I recommend you pass this project onto your friend. It would be of no use pulling your hair out on this issue. Or what may be a more pat-myself-on-the-back solution would be is to create a static vehicle of the CNG and Diesel......

Edited by NewFlyer504

Yes I seeked help from others an two different people have been working on the conversion and they get the same errors but I'm gonna start to rebuild the model from scratch with a friend. Thanks for showing interest in the problem. I'll be sure to let the forum know if the bus is turning out good.

The issue with the Orion V model is because it's a bit too complex and rather complicated to split the parts.

Also a nightmare to repaint.

Good move on restarting the model from scratch though. Just make sure it's not made too complicated to repaint and not that complicated to split the parts.

Try not to have TOO many polygons.

I'm almost done with the 6v92TA script and halfway done with the Series 50 (and 50G) scripts.

Edited by -CT1660-